Hurricane/Winter Storm Sandy

353 posts / 0 new
Last post
Turd Ferguson
Turd Ferguson's picture
Hat Tips: 272365
Hurricane/Winter Storm Sandy

Like Isaac, I thought it best to begin a forum where we can discuss the latest updates as well as share preparation and emergency plans. Everyone from Virginia to Massachusetts should prepare now for a potentially historic event.

I'll begin by adding this link I found earlier today. Though it was written on Thursday, I think the information contained herein is valuable, particularly the discussion of central barometric pressure, which could be the lowest ever recorded in the American Northeast.

http://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/opinion/8192/more-perfect-storm

Good luck everyone. Prepare now and be safe!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:01
Istack
Istack's picture
Hat Tips: 3621
I might be on the west coast

but i am getting prepared.  Prayer mostly.  I pray for safety and protection to all you over on the east coast.

Boswell
Boswell's picture
Hat Tips: 2921
Ooops.

;-)

Terp
Terp's picture
Hat Tips: 1047
I'm near DC

Got my 12 gallons of water and freezing several blocks of ice for coolers!  Got my BBQ chicken/steak and gonna make a load of pasta salad.  That's more than we had when we lost power for a week and we were all good then.

I was planning a trip to the West Coast, but gonna hang out with my GF instead - wait out the storm and then go.

Also, since I was in the neighborhood, I went to my silver guy.  He's only open Fri and Sat. and he's located in this little hole-in-the-wall - he was packed today at opening - 12 people in there!

El Gordo
El Gordo's picture
Hat Tips: 7655
don't forget your ammo

If you are prepping for the Hurricane, don't forget your ammo and shotguns.  They can prove helpful when a wolf shows up at the door.

rl999
rl999's picture
Hat Tips: 4243
Weekend entertainment

http://www.beholdapalehorse.tv/home.html

pink freud
pink freud's picture
Hat Tips: 1606
put your clothes and

put your clothes and stuff(paperwork,ammo,batteries,food) in those vaccum bags

if you get flooded at least you will look good

also, a candle in your car will bring up the temp by 10*F

tobydaniel
tobydaniel's picture
Hat Tips: 1113
Could be exciting! Anyone want an adrenaline rush?

Found a cheap flight to Boston. Sure beats watching silver!

http://www.google.com/flights/?hl=en#search;f=SAN;t=BOS;d=2012-10-28;r=2012-11-04;sel=UA810-UA250,US1801-US198;q=san+diego+to+boston

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Hat Tips: 55734
This is heading strait at me.

Getting ready now.

I'll keep in touch.

At least there will be lots of things to fix!

"When the student is ready,
the teacher will appear."

Lady Gaugau
Lady Gaugau's picture
Hat Tips: 669
$5 Billion in Damage Expected

That kind of dough flowing back in should stimulate the local economy a bit.

Lady GauGau

AC_Doctor
AC_Doctor's picture
Hat Tips: 579
WTF?

WTF?  http://www.marketwatch.com/story/major-banks-governmental-officials-and-their-comrade-capitalists-targets-of-spire-law-group-llps-racketeering-and-money-laundering-lawsuit-seeking-return-of-43-trillion-to-the-united-states-treasury-2012-10-25

MarketWatch_logo.png NEW YORK, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ — Spire Law Group, LLP’s national home owners’ lawsuit, pending in the venue where the “Banksters” control their $43 trillion racketeering scheme (New York) – known as the largest money laundering and racketeering lawsuit in United States History and identifying $43 trillion ($43,000,000,000,000.00) of laundered money by the “Banksters” and their U.S. racketeering partners and joint venturers – now pinpoints the identities of the key racketeering partners of the “Banksters” located in the highest offices of government and acting for their own self-interests.

In connection with the federal lawsuit now impending in the United States District Court in Brooklyn, New York (Case No. 12-cv-04269-JBW-RML) – involving, among other things, a request that the District Court enjoin all mortgage foreclosures by the Banksters nationwide, unless and until the entire $43 trillion is repaid to a court-appointed receiver – Plaintiffs now establish the location of the $43 trillion ($43,000,000,000,000.00) of laundered money in a racketeering enterprise participated in by the following individuals (without limitation):  click link for more...

Kuchek
Kuchek's picture
Hat Tips: 3377
:)

steveo
steveo's picture
Hat Tips: 397
Revenue (tax) and

Revenue (tax) and Expeditures, US Gov 

Note how the projected revenue is "projected" to rocket up faster than ever, yeah right. 

That would require that we form a parabola.  

So there appears to be 3 choices,  

Government makes itself smaller and cuts its pay to balance the budget 
We don't grow revenue like the parabola projected and we go deeper into deficit spending, interest rates stay low forever, savers are penalized, inflation remains steady and high, standard of living decreases, food stamps and other handouts are necessary to prevent huge unrest. 
We do grow revenue like the parabola shown......  

Parabolas don't end well, ya know.... 

1) Ain't gonna happen 

2) This will suck 

3) This will suck 

http://oahutrading.blogspot.com/2012/10/box-o-fear-gold-s-and- dabama.html

There are those who depend on your dependency

benny_bomb_boom
benny_bomb_boom's picture
Hat Tips: 1009
this is setting up for a wicked halloween

that biAtch has wound herself into quite a punch . it is going to get wet folks. http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/zoom/Rainfall_Days_1-5.gif

while living in sFL we boarded up for francis and a few days w/o power became all about ice and cold water 

ICE was key. someone asks what you stack. i tell them coleman quarts.

floor to ceiling. 

good luck and stay safe east coast mates

no better time than now

beinki
beinki's picture
Hat Tips: 2454
weather modification, HAARP, chemtrails, it's all here

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
I think it's possible...

...that a strong storm like this hurricane could take parts of the internet down if the infrastructure damage from it is severe enough in the next 3-5 days.

Hopefully we don't experience a 100 year storm this weekend and get a taste of life without the internet or electricity for an extended period. Good luck to all.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
History Channel: Hypercane

Picture the most powerful and destructive megastorm ever to hit this planet. A super hurricane that reaches 20 miles high with wind approaching 700 mph. Was it responsible for wiping out 75 percent of all living things on Earth some 65 million years ago? Could one of these storms been a contributing factor to the extinction of the dinosaurs? Could planet Earth possibly face a hypercane in our time today? See what leading scientists and experts have to say about the devastating disasters we could possibly be faced with in our time.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Strawboss
Strawboss's picture
Hat Tips: 2814
I live in Northern Virginia,

I live in Northern Virginia, right outside of DC.  The path projections and wind/rainfall estimates look pretty serious.

Stopped on the way home from work and picked up some water.  Will go out in the morning and top off the preps.

I really like storms (my wife hates them).  Not looking forward to the damage and potential loss of life - but, I am looking forward to experiencing first hand what could be the storm of the century.

My experience in the silver market has prepared me for this...

Jesus Christ is the only true hope that any of us really has.
Aaaargh .. the monkeys!!!
Trading metals is like playing frogger...there's always a big truck coming.

maravich44
maravich44's picture
Strawboss....

I'm in Norfolk Va, pretty close to the coast and like you I like the storms: don't want to be without power thou. Pretty sure that we're OK, north of you might be heavy. Best.

selfishly tagged on:

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3349
As a resident of FL, start

As a resident of FL, start looking to clean your bathtub or at least line it with plastic.  If water/sewer lines are compromised from surge, you'll want to have a lot of water.  Water will drain overnight even with a stopper.  Start experimenting with plastic wrap over the stopper or just line the whole tub with a plastic sheet.  New and cleaned trash can would work well in a standup shower. 

Whether or not you have other drinking water stored, having water stored in your tub can make the difference between having enough to flush your toilet or not.  It would be awful to have to get out in all the storm mess because you had everything but toilet water.  And if you don't have water where exactly would you go?  If you don't have water, it's pretty bad out there anyway.  Just thinking out loud for NE coasters as well as myself.

Good luck guys.

pbreed
pbreed's picture
Hat Tips: 1603
A Wynter storm would have been more fun...

I asked for a Wynter storm, not a winter storm!

This does not help at all ;-(

Reasonable men adapt themselves to the world, unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves, therefore all progress is due to unreasonable men. -(George Bernard Shaw)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Hurricane/Winter Storm Sandy"