100$ to spend at Lowes

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I Got Worms
I Got Worms's picture
Hat Tips: 25
100$ to spend at Lowes

I have a 100$ gift card to Lowes - what are some prepper/bug out bag items you would buy at a hardware store with a hundsky?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:05
Koddo
Koddo's picture
Hat Tips: 1618
I just did

a Lowe's run last weekend.  I bought $15 dollars worth cinder blocks, $15 dollars worth of compost/horse manure/mulch and made a little 5x3 raised garden bed.  I bought my seeds from http://rareseeds.com/.  I'm a total noob gardener...never planted anything in my life...besides a watermelon plant which rabbits ate the crap out of in a week, but I feel this garden will be a learning lesson if nothing else.

Patriot Family
Patriot Family's picture
Hat Tips: 3312
1.  A good quality lantern

1.  A good quality lantern and flashlight along with rechargeable batteries.

2.  High quality gardening supplies

3.  Hand tools

Seller of high quality, Thrive brand freeze dried storage foods: www.freezedriedpantry.com

thecoloredsky
thecoloredsky's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
How about a generator?

How about a generator?

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Hat Tips: 55923
What to buy....

I take great pride in having some of the most expensive and elaborate power tools known to man. Most of them are either gas, electric, or battery-powered.

I have recently taken the time to find the equivalent in a non-powered version,

Some are tools that I have never owned before.
I bought an ax, and a hatchet, and old-fashioned hacksaw, and pretty much everything I would need to cut and fashioned metal and wood by hand.

A small solar powered battery charger, at the very minimum is also a good investment.

Lots of rope, tape, plastic, tarps, glue, screws, nuts and bolts, will give you the ability to turn just about anything into just about anything else.

Works for me.

"When the student is ready,
the teacher will appear."

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "100$ to spend at Lowes"