DRS eligible ETFs

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
rpboxster
rpboxster's picture
Hat Tips: 330
DRS eligible ETFs

Anybody know how to get a list of DRS eligible ETFs?  I'd like buy only ETFs that give me the option not to hold in street name.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:15
Harald
Harald's picture
Hat Tips: 1738
DRS etfs

As far as I know ETNs or ETFs certificates don't exist.  Therefore, they can't be delivered to you.  That's the beauty of ETFs for the EE...no paper trail.  They're just digits on a computer screen.  You are wise to ALWAYS take delivery of stock and bond certificates.  Your broker can't sell your shares short or sell them to ten different people etc.  I've always taken delivery  going back to when I first bought stocks in the 1980's.  Go ahead and demand delivery of your certificates and see how the broker on the other end of the line will try to talk you out of it.  An indication of what they don't want you to do.  In my opinion, a person should always do what they don't want you to do because they sole intent of any brokerage is to separate you from your hard earned money.  Taking delivery of your certificates cuts the broker out of the equation completely.  Your relationship is between you and the company and Exxon is a lot less likely to go under than your broker.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "DRS eligible ETFs"