Orko Silver Corp

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eman Laer
Eman Laer's picture
Hat Tips: 841
Orko Silver Corp

Does anyone have an opinion about this company? To my less-than-well-trained eye the chart looks decent. I'm a newbie and won't be investing large sums but would like to play around with a few miners. Can you recommend a good entry point? Thanks. 

http://www.orkosilver.com/s/home.asp

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=OK.V

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.

Gwyde
Gwyde's picture
Hat Tips: 2258
Orko and Pan American Silver

The most important recent event has been Pan American Silver withdrawing from a JV with Orko on their main 'La Preciosa' development project. See http://www.orkosilver.com/s/FinancialStatements.asp the Apr. 30, 2012 MDA.

You can view this from several angles:

1. PAAS backed out because it didn't meet their profitability standards (despite paying a couple of millions on the PEA)
  2. From a 45% minority JV partner Orko became 100% owner again, with the project advanced considerably

The market saw mainly the first point and OK shares tanked. All of this happened during spring 2012 when any news on a junior most likely lead to their shares sliding. Conclusions are all yours.

Gwyde

boil_in_the_bag_rice
boil_in_the_bag_rice's picture
Hat Tips: 820
It must be a high cost

It must be a high cost project so in that case their share price will be highly leveraged to the price of silver. Judging by Friday's movement, I expect that's true!

Gwyde
Gwyde's picture
Hat Tips: 2258
Orko Silver bought out
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec 16, 2012) - First Majestic Silver Corp. ("First Majestic") (FR.TO)(AG)(FMV.F) and Orko Silver Corp. ("Orko") (TSX VENTURE:OK)(OKOFF)(OG3.F) are pleased to announce that the companies have entered into a definitive agreement (the "Arrangement Agreement") pursuant to which First Majestic has agreed to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Orko for consideration of 0.1202 of a common share of First Majestic (the "Exchange Ratio") plus $0.0001 in cash per Orko common share. The offer implies a value of C$2.72 per Orko share based on the closing prices of both First Majestic and Orko''s common shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") and TSX Venture Exchange, respectively, on December 14, 2012. The offer represents a premium of approximately 69% to Orko''s 30-day volume-weighted average price ("VWAP") for the period ending December 14, 2012. The transaction will be implemented by way of a plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement") under the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia).

Gwyde

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Orko Silver Corp"