Carbine Resources

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eman Laer
Eman Laer's picture
Hat Tips: 841
Carbine Resources

I did a search here but didn't see any discussion about Carbine Resources. I bought it in March at .15 and it's around .05 now. Suggestions appreciated.

http://www.carbineresources.com.au/index.php

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=crnrf&ql=1

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:19

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.

JackT
JackT's picture
Hat Tips: 137
lackluster (no pun intended)

I make no claims to being an analyst of any stripe, so don't put too much into this as I've only spent about 15 minutes reading through their reports. However, unless I'm missing something it doesn't appeal to me.I am a mildly conservatve trader, and though I like startups and new ventures, if I don't see results I tend to walk.

Here's how I take it: They're sitting on approx AU$6 million in cash on the half-year, a decrease of $2.5M for the period. They've sold a mine/claim to Phoenix (I would assume to improve their cash position and extend their horizon) + exchange for stock at approx 0.20/share. Increasing liquidity is neither good nor bad depending on the purpose, but the stock prices has fallen FAR off this mark since that time. (I'm sure Phoenix Gold is none too pleased!)

$3 million in exploration costs against a grossly insufficient revenue of $259,000 says to me that they'd better strike gold soon or trouble lies ahead.  They have some cash reserves so they have some time but at their present burn rate, not long. I suppose it all comes down to the analysis of those recent drilling cores. If they've found gold deposits and can reach them economically then all's well. If not, I reckon they'd better have a backup plan and another source of revenue.

Bottom line: I see a struggling company. I suspect the dramatic decline in stock price over this term suggests others agree. If it were my money, unless I had reason to suspect they were on the verge of a large strike, I'd watch for any rebound (however slight), take my losses and move on.

Would appreciate others' thoughts here.

Eman Laer
Eman Laer's picture
Hat Tips: 841
Thanks JackT. At the time I

Thanks JackT.

At the time I bought it I was told that Rick Rule liked the company, but of course things change. I guess I'll hang on to it for now or until I find something that seems like a super deal. 

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.

GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Hat Tips: 5332
early exploration

it's very early exploration. they had some good hits, and they have a new geologist.  this will take time and patience

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Carbine Resources"