4-5pm price action

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
turnoffthewater
turnoffthewater's picture
Hat Tips: 499
4-5pm price action

Reference: netdania, 1 minute chart between the hours of 4-5pm

I have noticed erratic price fluctuations in the past that after Fridays close. But now those same fluctuations are showing up on a nearly a daily basis. Gold is affected the same way. Can someone help me out here? Is this a concern or just short and long paper cancelling each other out, or some type of swap?

Thanks in advance

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:10
hawkeye
hawkeye's picture
Hat Tips: 84
silver fluctuations.............

I have noticed a similar pattern between 5pm - 6pm EST.........I believe the evening session on the Globex futures begins at 6pm after shutting down about 1 hour earlier.......so on netdania the trading being reported is very little.......just some in the cash market....I don't think there is anything nefarious going on........the range up until 6pm is usually very small as is the volume.

tyonker
tyonker's picture
netdania

I have asked before and never got a response, what exaclty is reported on netdania?

I mean specifically, what market or markets are reported there, comex,globex, london, WTF?

Thanks

turnoffthewater
turnoffthewater's picture
Hat Tips: 499
Hawkeye So are we to assume

Hawkeye

So are we to assume the narrow range trading between 5-6 EST or 4-5 CST are related to closes outs for the day? or swap settlements. Its almost like trading stops and long and shorts negate themselves. I was just curious and wondering if anyone else noticed or should we be concerned.  Thanks in advance

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "4-5pm price action"