New Content on TF Metals Report

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moderator Jane
Moderator Jane's picture
Hat Tips: 3501
New Content on TF Metals Report

What sorts of new content would you like to see on TF Metals Report?

Moderator Calamity Jane helps keep Turdville free of trolls with her digital sharp-shooter!

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
Idea's

Virtual push pin map showing what countries or states people come from generally speaking. 

Expansion of the Leaderboard list by adding a link that says "more" at the bottom of it that goes to another page showing the top 50 or 100 so that others can see the 'competition' above them and strive to post more to catch others above them. Competitive human nature.

Inclusion of the poster info 'window' to the left of the message window like all the other threads that shows a bigger avatar and the 'joined' date and number of posts etc.

That's it for now enlightened

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

ReachWest
ReachWest's picture
Hat Tips: 11876
The Latest News

It's kind of weird .. but one thing  have found myself doing for a while is going to TFMR and checking out the main comments thread for the latest breaking news. With all the worldwide posters adding links and info about the latest news stories, it really is better than going to some other news aggregator. This past week, the news about the "glitch" at NatWest Bank in the UK was better covered on TFMR than anywhere else.

I wonder if there's a way to capitalize on this? A way that the content could be voted up (like hat-tips) to appear in a specific section that is specifically "breaking news".

Just a thought.

Magpie
Magpie's picture
Hat Tips: 11458
I don't know if there's anything

you'll be able to do to keep this site viable.  I followed everyone from ZH to the Watchtower, then here.  I did that because of the quality of information I could get from this community.  If those people, and their knowledge, migrate to TTM, then I don't think it will take too long for this site to morph into a carbon copy of ZH's comment section.  I would have paid 5 bucks a month to access this site as is, but since TA doesn't hold any value for me in my day-to-day life I won't be paying a fee to participate at the new site.  I understand Turd's need to create a revenue stream, but I think his new site will lower the overall number of views at this site, and make it difficult to shift the occasional viewer to the new one.  I actually feel sorta sad about the way this has turned out.  Times change, eh?

ancaro imparo.

I Run Bartertown
I Run Bartertown's picture
Hat Tips: 14902
JUST my 2c

I wouldn't add anything. I'd rather post it here than offend on the main thread, but I come here for the discussion and the community. I don't listen to the podcasts...I'd rather just read something quickly and copy/paste to share...I'm just not a fan of (or patient enough for) the podcast format. I don't want to join a chat (even with the experts...lord knows, they write enough to get the gist of what they think).

I saw a post on Main St. hoping that the 'voluminous off-topic' stuff would find a home at the new site, but that makes no sense. Customers will really expect action to be taken when they object to a 'first' or a music video. I'd think maybe the opposite would happen, where the pure, serious metals discussion drifts there (but will they leave the Corner?) and leaves us moonbat prepper/stacker Uncles here in the attic. I know what my plan is for metals...I don't need heated on-topic debate or heavy data analysis. I love TF's blog posts, but the comments section at TFMR is a growing legend...wink

Moderator Jane
Moderator Jane's picture
Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and comments - good stuff.

ReachWest wrote:

It's kind of weird .. but one thing  have found myself doing for a while is going to TFMR and checking out the main comments thread for the latest breaking news. With all the worldwide posters adding links and info about the latest news stories, it really is better than going to some other news aggregator. This past week, the news about the "glitch" at NatWest Bank in the UK was better covered on TFMR than anywhere else.

I wonder if there's a way to capitalize on this? A way that the content could be voted up (like hat-tips) to appear in a specific section that is specifically "breaking news".

Just a thought.

Yes, my thought was to have a "News" section where we'd curate one or a few news stories each day and then people can contribute in the comments and discuss as well. The news doesn't necessarily have to be PM-related. I'm just trying to get a sense of what people might be interested in. Sometimes it may just be finding a good article on a blog somewhere and sharing the pertinent points for discussion.

Moderator Calamity Jane helps keep Turdville free of trolls with her digital sharp-shooter!

Bluefin771
Bluefin771's picture
Hat Tips: 303
Content for site

Personally I'm all for news and analysis information about the metals, which is the main reason I come to the site (though Clinkin's and Be Prepared's cartoons are appreciated too). An example would be SRSrocco's pieces which are absolutely first rate. Other analysis I'd like to see would be some of the better known opposition pieces being picked apart. Quite often a premise or assusmption which is incorrect is used to build a very resonable sounding case. Pointing this out, in detail and calmly, is not done nearly enough today (or I'm not running across it).  File this under general community improvement.

Finally, consider this quote from The Privateer:

In any discussion of the future of Gold, or of the price of Gold, the first thing that must be realized is that Gold is a POLITICAL metal. In the true meaning of the word, its price is "governed".

Analysis of the polictical resistance levels and the metals would be greatly appreciated. Some of these are fairly well known: the Prez is going to speak, Benak speaks, Fed meetings. But while the US is important, it is a bigger world out there and politics (many ticks) knows no national boundaries. The coming latest meeting to "Save Europe Again" coming at the end of the week is an example. One might be tempted to think metal prices would be sat on before the meeting with a positive reaction on Monday when the meeting fails. Except the reaction might be muted due to the mid next week 4th of July holiday and the summer doldrums really kicking in resulting in a disappointing price rise (or even a decline). Offsetting that scenario is real countries are going really broke real soon. The money printing better begin before the banks close or governments could fall. That last item really gets the politico's where they live. This type of discussion and analysis I would like to see more off.

Two other quick items: First, a sarcasm icon is really, really needed. Make it look like Calvin or Hobbs or Groucho or whatever as long as it is readily recognizable. Sarcasm has always been a major tool in the fight against tyranny. And so much of what our so called leaders do today lends itself to sarcasm. Second, a fund to buy Moderator Jane a really nice skin tight silver suit would be in order. The lady is impressive and deserves to be outfitted accordingly. Perhaps a second one of gold too depending on her mood.

Liberty enlightening the world

truthseeker
truthseeker's picture
Hat Tips: 566
I love the podcasts - how about including contrarians?

Others have commented that they would rather read than hear comments and discussion.

I like both to be honest. I work from home and am on the computer all day. I can "refresh" for new comments, but it is great to be able to launch a podcast and listen while I work.

Along that line, Mod Jane, I would love Turd to engage (I guess through the podcast interview format) some experts that do not necessarily share his/our views. 

Turd has an easy-going, non-confrontational nature. Do you think you could get some people who have different views about the economy; the world; the future to "discuss" them with Turd?

An honest difference of opinion, expressed in a civil format, would be most helpful to many people.

Some examples:

Someone who denies there is manipulation in the metals markets.

Someone in the deflationary camp who feels precious metals will be a poor investment.

Someone who thinks TPTB know what they are doing and have a plan to get us out of this mess. (Is there anyone?)

Hrunner
Hrunner's picture
Hat Tips: 1691
Feature a poster

Jane,

Since I have the distinct senses that 1) the background and PM experience widely varies, 2) for each frequent poster there are probably 10-100 lurkers that have approximately the same experience and background,

Why not have an interactive session with Turd, a kind of tete-a-tete with the yellow-hatted one?  It could be by solicitation of a poster's top 10 questions in advance, or an actually live to tape (some appropriate editing, if the immediacy of a podcast is better.

I would strongly vote against balkanizing the site into News, etc.  One the best 'quirks' about the site is the free form flowing from one topic to the next.  Just my HO

Moderator Jane
Moderator Jane's picture
Hrunner wrote: Why not have

Hrunner wrote:

Why not have an interactive session with Turd, a kind of tete-a-tete with the yellow-hatted one?  It could be by solicitation of a poster's top 10 questions in advance, or an actually live to tape (some appropriate editing, if the immediacy of a podcast is better.

I think this is part of what's being offered over at TurdTalksMetals.com - so I don't think we'll be seeing that here. However, we could maybe incorporate the Q&A idea into some blog posts.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "New Content on TF Metals Report"