Ted Butler FINALLY GETS IT!!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SE
SE's picture
Hat Tips: 2280
Ted Butler FINALLY GETS IT!!

Finally...  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted Butler finally fucking gets it!  I tried to tell him the connection 3-4 years ago, and he wouldn't listen as evidenced in his writings.  He has to eat crow now.

I got this today from GATA:

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

In commentary from his proprietary newsletter published at GoldSeek's companion site, SilverSeek, silver market analyst Ted Butler realizes that JPMorganChase's overwhelming short position in silver is essentially a U.S. government operation under the supervision of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets, of which the chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Gary Gensler, whose commission supposedly has been investigating the silver market for years, is a member. Butler's commentary is headlined "A Few Questions, One Answer," and it's posted at SilverSeek here:

http://www.silverseek.com/commentary/few-questions-one-answer

The first paragraph reads as:

"Please read this article carefully because I’m disclosing for the first time that the U.S. government has given JPMorgan the green light to manipulate the silver market. This fact explains the shenanigans in the silver market. It answers all the questions and exposes this tawdry affair for all to see."

Ted backs up my assertion that assuming ceteris paribus, silver will not go up over $30/50 until about April NEXT YEAR, and I still stand by that.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

Coin shops, people.  Clear them out!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Desert Fox
Desert Fox's picture
Hat Tips: 3567
Finally indeed

I think Mr.Butler is a good decent man. Talk about having to hit a mule with a 2 x 4 though. Many of us are just regular guys with no idea how the paper markets work yet we could see a scam years ago.

He did make this point in his piece which I whole-heartedly agree with.

All the Working Group can do is aid the paper silver short sellers by permitting vicious price sell-offs designed to scare existing holders. There is an easy way around that scam and that is buying real silver, not the junk represented by COMEX paper contracts. If, as and when the role of the Working Group in the silver manipulation becomes known, the best reason yet for buying silver will come into focus.

Welcome to the party Ted, we saved a chair for you!

Rico
Rico's picture
Hat Tips: 6337
Silver is going lower.  By

Silver is going lower.  By April of next year (mentioned above), it could be significantly so.

How can a thread about the Gov having total control over the price, and said Gov wanting the price lower, conclude that the price will rise?  Who do you think you're trading against?

Galearis
Galearis's picture
Hat Tips: 1120
Ted is a hero

Yes he IS a hero, but all heroes have some kind of an ego, and all have blind spots. Ted has all in spades. Bear Stearns was not short in silver; it was long. That's why it was looted by the cartel.

Rob Kirby and I sent him proof, but he was "vested" in the opposite position and would not change his views. He lost points with me there....

And I have been frustrated for years over Ted's naive view on the monetary malfeasance of the US...But he is still a hero because he started the movement to free up the silver market....Even George Washington, after all started out as an incompetent military leader. But he did learn in the end.

Yes, Ted is finally starting to understand and his credibility is better for it too!

Galearis

Desert Fox
Desert Fox's picture
Hat Tips: 3567
Ted may be slow but it

Ted may be slow but it doesn't mean he isn't right about the Silver Manipulation.

Only a week ago we had no "proof" that LIBOR was being manipulated.

Only crazed conspiracy types would utter that thought. Now it's common knowledge and few will acknowledge those that did see it earlier..

Ted will probably be in the same boat when something closer to the truth is ultimately shown the light of day.

Being way early to the party doesn't always make you successful or popular.

SE
SE's picture
Hat Tips: 2280
This is what I don't

This is what I don't understand.  It was my understanding that Bear Stearns was clearly short silver contracts.  And I read the other day that they were actually long silver contracts.  It there some historic revisionism going on, or that the author of that article has meant to say short, not long?  It was my understanding that JP Morgan had INHERITED the short position and was working to get out of it.

Please explain.

Look at this article, which is one place where I got the understanding that they were short. 

http://www.financialsensearchive.com/fsu/editorials/2008/1117.html

Here's another one:

http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1226344970.php

These articles are dated 2008...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Ted Butler FINALLY GETS IT!!"