10 posts / 0 new
Last post
tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Hat Tips: 3056
Liberty Coin & Precious Metals

http://libertycpm.com/

Shows up with excellent pricing on http://comparegoldprices.com/

Reading through their website, I really like what I am reading.  The owner would make a perfect Turdite if not one already.

Has anyone done business with these guys?  Care to share your experience? 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

survivalwstyle
survivalwstyle's picture
Hat Tips: 6888
t_w_c liberty

i do not know him personaLLy. i have bEEn into the SD shop. rEEl nice set up. read his latest just yesterday and signed up for the newsleTTer.  best prices on ASE/AGE and buying libertads/pesos i have sEEn.  i have only heard gOOd things. peace

enjoy everyday

SV
SV's picture
Hat Tips: 417
libertad

I bought some adspace at Compare for Silver Vigilante and ive been keeping track of the dealers just cause i buy silver too and liberty coin has been some of the best priced for quite awhile and they've got ads at SGTReport and stuff so that's cool. 

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
heres my experience

you be the judge.

I decided to buy  from Liberty . after comparing websites....it was a choice between Gainseville, Provident, Liberty,  basically. 

gainsevilles   prices seemed the best but their shipping cost  was higher. Liberty was willing to match or come close to Gainsevilles prices when I asked if they would, plus they gave me free shipping.  so I went with Liberty.

simple purchases of 1 0z maples, silver and gold, and a few gold pandas,a few Pamp bars.

ok.

First problem happened right away, the rep gave me the wrong routing number.  after a few calls and redoing it on the computer, ok, the transaction seemed to go thru. a few more calls and it was confirmed. 

Since this was my first ever online purchase,I wanted a little hand holding. I asked the sales rep  to send me an email confirmation. he said he would. But he must have forgot.  I never got one. More phone calls . 

They said they would also email me  to confirm when it shipped out. they must have forgot .  I had to call a few times again. They originally said the shipment would take about 5 to 7 days.....I had to call after 13 days when it still hadnt arrived.  it finally came  a few days later.

when I got my coins.  All gold coins were older random dates.....I was under the impression I was buying 2012 coins......when I called  to inquire  oh no, they said, you have to request that we send you 2012...otherwise we send  whatever we like.   one of the gold maples was badly scratched.  I complained to the mgr. he was  apologetic and said nicely, 'send it back to me'.....sounds ok enough, until    the shipping cost   makes it a wasteful idea. 

what else happened.  the second shipment /purchase went a little better. I got an email confirmation. and they didnt fuck up the routing number for my wire transfer.and the package came in a week.

bottom line. I want to go somewhere else.

I  emailed  the owner of Miles Franklin  to tell him his prices are NOT competetive ,and if he would at least match Gainsevilles prices I would be interested. He wrote me right back and said ....yes, he would try to work with me.

I will try  Miles Franklin next time. Thats the company Andy H works for.  they are good guys.

abreik
abreik's picture
Hat Tips: 174
okay experience

The transaction went smooth.  I called when the market was closed during a week day.  The price ended up being a few cents lower than what I added up online.  I'm not sure how the price could be different when the market was closed, but I'm not complaining when it is lower.  I got a confirmation email right away; I got my metal pretty quick and free shipping was nice.  Some of the coins looked great.  Some of the coins were somewhat tarnished.  A few of the coins were very scratched up.  I'm much happier with goldmart.

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
dang OK

well I'm giving them a whirl, out of the Scottsdale Location, will see what happens.  

A concern was some of what I wanted they didn't have in stock, but said they could get no problem, so we'll see how that goes.  Guy I spoke to was real nice, thorough, and sent me an invoice via e-mail immediately.  Asked me to call back Monday a.m. to arrange wire.  

I'll make sure to press on coin quality and vintage when I call Monday and let y'all know how it all shakes out. 

Seems to me this is a local shop trying to expand business via the net/phone and they clearly have some kinks to work out.  Sending sub-par coins out at full price is a big no-no, clearly.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat

bigmark99
bigmark99's picture
Hat Tips: 548
Liberty Coin

I have worked with this company since they came to Scottsdale AZ, which is only  2 months. They have a good selection and are willing to work with you  price wise on different items if the item you wanted is not in stock.

They have had some growing pains while trying to expand but they have always been fair with me and have treated me kindly. I will continue to buy from them.  

tread_w_care
tread_w_care's picture
Completing my review of Liberty

OK, results are in.

I did call back that Monday, and discussed at length with a gentleman from S. Africa (claimed he was, sounded legit) about the order, my payment options, and especially the quality of the coins, as folks had expressed some concern here.

First, the gentleman encouraged me to simply send in a personal check (online bill pay is what I did) and save the wire fees.  

Second, while they would not, at any point, guarantee the grade quality of the coins, he did say that "we won't send you slabs!" and "I'll be sure to note the order that you want good quality coins".  I had pressed specifically about whether or not they sell "Almost Uncirculated" Krugs, French 20 Franc "Roosters" and British Sovereigns.  The gentleman assured me they sold quality coins but didn't guarantee a grade to keep costs low, the dates would be random (duh on the old Euro stuff), and sometimes they sold coins that showed clear signs of circulation.  We also discussed the Krug which he was a big fan of, coming from his home country and all.

I was a little bit uneasy after that but decided to stick it out to see what happened.  Sent the check via online bill pay.  Waited.

Check arrived when my bank said it would, and I got not one but two PROMPT e-mails from Liberty, all from an invoicing software they use indicating check had been received and that the order would be cleared to ship 10 days (not business days, calendar days) after payment received.

Waited my 10 days.  The date was a Saturday, so waited until Monday morning their time, sent a note requesting an ETA on shipping notification, almost immediately received a new note from the same software indicating the order had indeed shipped w/ tracking number.  I believe I just jumped the gun on the ETA request and they hit the button to send out the shipping notification mail.  

USPS is how they ship.  USPS said to expect it on the 27th - didn't arrive until the 28th, picked up this morning.  No fault of Liberty there, no issues with the extra day.

Packaging: discreet, from "LPM" - handwritten label, well taped small USPS box with the string reinforced brown packing tape, very neatly done.  A few of those clear blow up packing pads in there, could have done a bit better inside, but no damage done, the coins were allowed to float around a bit in the box.

Coins: Krugs came in clear plastic sleeves, Roosters and Sovereigns were stacked together in a mini-mint tube with a few Styrofoam peanuts jammed in to hold them in place.

Now the good part: These appear to me upon initial inspection to be pretty darned close to other coins I've received from other dealers claiming "AU" grade or better.  If they're not, they're really close, and I have no issues at all with them.  Especially the old Euro coins they look pretty dang good considering many are 100+ years old.

So, final assessment: Liberty done me right, happy with all aspects of the deal except the bit of uneasiness with the coin grade.  They don't advertise it so you need to be sure to speak with somebody there to ensure you get what you want.

I will do business with these guys again.  Give em a try.  I used the Scottsdale store too for a mail order to the East Coast.

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
.....and completing My review as well...

I received another order from Liberty the other day. It was positive. much like the previous poster. Wire transfer went fine.I received email confirms and receipt fine. I was told  there was no delay in product and shipment would go out soon. expecting to wait a week or so for arrival...it actually arrived 3 days later...well done this time. and the packaging was well done,  tubes taped up nice,  a box in a box in a box secure and annonymous.

the first unblemished transaction. and they matched gainsevilles low premium, and  I got free shipping.  

they earned  another try.

Notes to remember about using Liberty coin and precious metal.

1) you Must always  make sure you specify the dates/vintage you want and  that they write it down on the order....eg. "wants 2012 coins only"  ...NO scratched  or scuffed coins, etc

2)  you must remember to ask whatever questions you  need confirmed. dont assume anything...if you want free shipping like you got last time...make sure you mention it on the phone ,you want free shipping (I'm assuming an order large enough to warrant free shipping) . if you want an email confirmation and receipt....make sure you mention these things on the phone,and never assume they will do what you want without being asked. 

Texas Sandman
Texas Sandman's picture
Hat Tips: 8578
Won't Do Business with Liberty Again

Ordered an RCM 100 oz bar 3 weeks ago.  Site said "3 weeks" when I ordered, said that consistently the whole time and in fact says "3 weeks" right now.  Mailed check immediately which cleared about 2 weeks ago.  Bar "released" a week ago, so called them today to see when I might expect it.  They told me "you're in the queue.  it's going to be a few more weeks...".  So 6 weeks for an RCM bar.  Beyond that they don't do what they promise.

Last time doing business with them.  I'm done.

Unreliable.  Might as well buy a futures contract.  At least with that you have a known delivery date.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Liberty Coin & Precious Metals"