Buying Graded Silver Quarters and Dimes

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Action
Action's picture
Hat Tips: 39
Buying Graded Silver Quarters and Dimes

Howdy all,

I was checking out MS64-66 PCGS/NGC slabs of quarters -64 off the Bay. and ms 69 state quarters - that all run around 7-11 dollars some days.  Are these common at coin shows at these prices? Any comments, strategies, on low MS graded numismatic dimes and quarters? 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:12
survivalwstyle
survivalwstyle's picture
Hat Tips: 6888
action

you can find it on ebay doing just what you are doing. post 50 washingtons ms 64 at the shop i would not pay you more than 8 bucks today. now who is to say those might not go up....problem i sEE is they just produced tOO many. now IMVFHO 1/2 are gone stiLL you are talking over 50 miLLion of most. that is alot of choice. if you can get them delivered under 8 you are stoked. i would say 11 or leSS delivered is a buy if you have decided on coLLecting these. not going to beat that price, it is grey shEEt bid. that today is basicaLLy triple melt. something like this would retail at 13-15 bucks in the shop i work at. just an opinion i have. TIFWiiW. peace

enjoy everyday

Fighting Gael
Fighting Gael's picture
Hat Tips: 546
Action wrote: Howdy all, I

Action wrote:

Howdy all,

I was checking out MS64-66 PCGS/NGC slabs of quarters -64 off the Bay. and ms 69 state quarters - that all run around 7-11 dollars some days.  Are these common at coin shows at these prices? Any comments, strategies, on low MS graded numismatic dimes and quarters? 

dont waste your $$$ paper...

Mr.Grey
Mr.Grey's picture
Hat Tips: 1058
grading

I'm not a serious collector but my opinion is that anything under ms-66 is not worth any premium.  If it is a newer coin I wouldn't consider anything other than ms-69 or 70. 

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Buying Graded Silver Quarters and Dimes"