Stocks priced in gold

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
boil_in_the_bag_rice
boil_in_the_bag_rice's picture
Hat Tips: 820
Stocks priced in gold

I know there's a site out there (www.pricedingold.com) which lets you see the performance of various things (Dow, Oil etc) in relation to gold.

I would love if it was possible for me to check my stock pick(s) historical performance priced in gold rather than dollars.

For example, most of my shares performed very badly this week (in FIAT) but maybe not so bad priced in gold.

As I will gradually sell my shares and convert to gold and silver rather than FIAT, the performance of the shares in gold is of paramount importance.

I know I can do a simple compare on Google Finance, but that one step further would be even nicer!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:30
Harald
Harald's picture
Hat Tips: 1738
Stockcharts.com

It's free too.  The command is the ticker symbol, colon,$gold, entered in the sharpchart box at the top of the page.  For instance Exxon in gold would be:  XOM:$GOLD which returns a value of .052 which means about 1/20th an ounce per share.  In other words, an ounce of gold would buy about twenty shares of XOM.  Flipping the symbols:  $gold:xom gives a value of 19.2.  19.2 shares of XOM is worth an ounce of gold.  Type $ in the sharpchart box and hit enter which will give the symbols for the indexes and commodities.  $silver is silver, $wheat is wheat etc.  $brent is brent crude, $wtic is west texas crude etc.  Default is in $usd, just typing the stock symbol will give the price in dollars.  

Let me know how it works out for you. 

boil_in_the_bag_rice
boil_in_the_bag_rice's picture
Hat Tips: 820
Harald

Thank you very much indeed!

That is exactly what I am after. God I love this site (i.e. the people here)!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Stocks priced in gold"