Best Mining Share Picker

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
apex101
apex101's picture
Hat Tips: 459
Best Mining Share Picker

Does any one here have an experience/opinion on who the best miner stock picker is? I have been looking at Bob Moriarty, jay taylor and John Doody. Although the only one i ever followed was Jay Taylor. Does any one have experience following any of these stock pickers or has some one else that has gotten them excellent returns? Please advise. Looking to get a few good miners.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:19
pickaxe
pickaxe's picture
Hat Tips: 383
Favorite Newsletter

Work done by Adam Hamilton & Scott Wright at Zeal LLC is first rate.

You can read their free essays on Kitco, 321gold or their website.

Stock picks and timing are part of reasonably priced monthly subscription service.

~pickaxe

~pickaxe

Gwyde
Gwyde's picture
Hat Tips: 2258
Every gold stock analyst has his style...

Choosing between Bob Moriarty or John Doody is more than opting for any specific analyst: every gold stock analyst has his style...

John Doody exclusively focusses on mid- and large cap miners. You won't find a single explorer or small miner in his top 10 selection. I even doubt he has any in the extended selection of goldstockanalyst - pro.

Bob Moriarty likes explorers and by what I've read he's good at it. I remember an article from summer 2010 where he discussed among others: Revett, Richfield Ventures, Premium expl. and Rio Alto. All of these made at least a fivefold gain by end 2010. If you like the reference (bottom section of the text):

Bob Moriarty: Due for End-of-Empire Do-Over?

02 July 2010 @ 12:42 pm BST

Source: Karen Roche of The Gold Report 7/2/10

http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/6718

Gwyde

apex101
apex101's picture
Hat Tips: 459
Yea i read their free

Yea i read their free articles But i just went to there web site to see and they charge- 12-Month Zeal Speculator Subscriptions  $720? That seems like a lot. Is it worth it?

pickaxe
pickaxe's picture
Hat Tips: 383
Zeal

Apex, the Zeal Speculator @ $720 subscription is for their active trading service, which I don't take.

What I was suggesting for someone just investigating is their monthly Zeal Report newsletter which runs $119/year, I believe. Used to be available for even shorter trial periods for less - check to see if still available. They also do in depth report profiles on selected resource companies that's also pretty reasonable.

Hope this helps - I've been subscribing for years to ZR and am quite satisfied with their picks, along with helping support the weekly free essays.

~pickaxe

~pickaxe

bachis
bachis's picture
Hat Tips: 106
Any other recommendations?

There are tons of newsletter out there. If zeal is the best which one is number two?

boil_in_the_bag_rice
boil_in_the_bag_rice's picture
Hat Tips: 820
Bob Chapman

His picks have performed well, with his top pick Pretium doing beautifully...

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
newsletters and pickers

Well this is an interesting time in the market for the mining sector for sure. 

In the last 4 years Ive gone thru about 8 newsletters ,maybe more....  

lots of things to consider  when looking for a picker/newsletter.  One thing is the pricing tier system they all use. I've written  about it in my forum.   These newsletter  providers, will often have  3 levels of price ,for 3 different newsletters. 

the elite expensive newsletter  will give you penny  juniors  at the earliest timing. and charge a few thousand dollars for that newsletter.

The next price down will cost around 900 dollars and give you  some of the same juniors  but about half a year to a year  later,wen the stock is going for 1 dollar instead of 25 cents. 

the cheap newsletter wont give you any juniors to speak of, they will give you the seniors ,like Kinross,Goldcorp, and Silvercorp....and charge you 100 bucks.

I have found Casey Research junior newsletter called International Speculator to be the best in the last 3 years....but  while they have been good in what they do..... they are failing to acknowledge the Cartel manipulation and short attacking games  going on, they prefer to pretend  its not happening , and that the mining sector is the same as its always been...and you have to just roll with the blows, and buy at times like these, and not try to understand whether the market is being rigged or not against miners with no end in sight.  umm.... ok.... thats one way to look at the current markets. 

So there are some experts who have been looking at the market manipulation and they decided to  give up on it,like Peter Grandich, and of course Andy Hoffman. 

If I was looking to buy a pickers picks..... I think I'd have as much success with the recommendations (free)  that you can get right here from BOG (penny stocks) and Eric Original  in their forums.

otherwise I'd go with Casey's junior  newsletter (around 750 dollars on sale)

But lets look briefly at Caseys International speculator for a perspective.

About 5 or 6 months ago....a few of the junior explorers they were raving about,located in Africa,  analyzed with great skill and care, recommended as a good bet going forward.... one to buy when the price was around 2 dollars....it has since sunk to around 75 cents now.  same with the other one,  down from the 2 dollar area to around 1 dollar....

Their outlook.....hang in there, dont lose hope,stay the course,  believe in what you understand about  how bad the global economy is , the debt, the currency  wars, the steadfast value of precious metals, and that miners will prevail ....some day. and just keep buying the stocks we recommend.

They advised selling a few this year, but very few. 

Welcome to the world of investing in miners.  buyer beware.

Diamond
Diamond's picture
Hat Tips: 195
Buyer Beware Indeed

I'll say that, and simply read this article by Hinde Capital.  Costs are inexorably rising, making miners an absolutely hopeless investment that will destroy your wealth, unless you have those thousands of dollars to spend on the top newsletters that find the best penny stocks.  If I were to recommend any picker, it would be Chen Lin, Jay Taylor's partner from webeatthestreet.com

http://blog.hindecapital.com/?p=357

​Chen recommended Pretium at 6.  Look at what that stock did.  Pretty impressive.

​In the next week or two, Chen will be listing his latest gold producers.  He's backing away from the explorers, for reasons given in the Hinde article above.  I'm looking forward to Chen's picks.  He's traveling now, in China and I think Indonesia.  I met him last weekend at the Hard Assets conference in NYC.  Smart guy, and very affable.  

​When Chen sends his subscribers his gold picks, I'll list them here.

​D

"There is a deep, abiding, unshakable satisfaction in a life of complete failure.." - Edward Abbey

bachis
bachis's picture
Hat Tips: 106
Chen

Diamond did you get any update from Chen?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Best Mining Share Picker"