Flash jump on Sunday night?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
SE
SE's picture
Hat Tips: 2280
Flash jump on Sunday night?

Okay, what the fuck was that in silver - goes up over a dollar and back down in a flash...

Shit, forum doesn't allow me to upload photos...

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
bernard
bernard's picture
Hat Tips: 2596
I think it's a mis quote, as

I think it's a mis quote, as I saw that on the kitco chart, but the underlying /si futures contract bears no relation and definitely does NOT show the contract going up to $33 

Compare Silver Prices

SE
SE's picture
How do you know that it was

How do you know that it was an honest misquote and not an attempt to hide the flash a few hours later?  I don't know why this damn forum doesn't allow photos.  I have EVIDENCE of Kitco showing this.  There needs to be some explaining on this.  It's funny this happens when nobody is watching.  It's a way to make money, go long, flash up, sell out go short, flash down, and skim the difference on the short after flash down.  Is this even possible within a few minutes?

SE
SE's picture
Explain this next flashdown

Explain this next flashdown on Monday right at 5 PM. From 31.76 to about 31.49.  I don't see the flashdown in gold, though.  I've got the image of that one as well.  I've got an image of a flash crash on Marketwatch in which the Dow flash crashed from 12,000(?) to ZERO and all the way back up, and this stayed on Marketwatch's web site all day.  It looks like it happened August 18, 2011.  Too damn bad I can't show you the photo...

bernard
bernard's picture
A lot of the action you are

A lot of the action you are talking about I think has to do with ETF rebalancing in the after hours (aka, low liquidity, where the gap between bid and ask could easily be 30 cents). I definitely am one to point out nefarious activity, and I saw that spike on Kitco charts with my own eyes so I definitely know what you're talking about, but just because the spot is quoted at the NBBO, doesn't necessarily mean actual volume was exchanged at those prices. Either way I don't think the action we are referring to here was the kind of gaping maw of limit flash up crash down short covering that you're expecting, and my hunch is it was SLV rebalancing in after hours (they acquire or sell off /si contracts to help balance their exposure... aka total paper tyranny)

-just my 1 ASE.... :)

Compare Silver Prices

SE
SE's picture
What's this whipsawing we saw

What's this whipsawing we saw last night?  ALL NIGHT.  And it stops just after COMEX open...  Something told me not to be surprised to see this.

bernard
bernard's picture
There is definitely a battle

There is definitely a battle between the forces of good and evil going on around $31.50

Compare Silver Prices

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Flash jump on Sunday night?"