Sprott Resource Corp (scp.to)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Koddo
Koddo's picture
Hat Tips: 1618
Sprott Resource Corp (scp.to)

Before I start I would like to mention that this company does not mine gold or holds shares in mining companies but does hold physical gold as well investments in non-PM natural resource companies.

I have been following this company for awhile.  If anyone is unfamiliar with them they will have essentially the worlds largest farm in Canada in a few years (or close to largest) and invest heavily in oil, potash, and related companies.  It has a mkt cap of $450 million with essentially no debt, $125 million worth of gold bullion at mkt prices and some really interesting investments in natural resource companies.  Their investment in One Earth Farms is the most interesting to me - if food prices keep rising or rise more rapidly I think this is a gold mine.  The other thing that is interesting is that management thinks the company is very undervalued and are rapidly buying back stock at $4 a share which seems to be propping up the stock nicely -  http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=Sprott+Resource+Corp.+|+SCP

I think I will start a position in this.  Hell the company is run by a bunch of sprott people and have Sprott, Emby, etc all on the board of directors.  Let me know what you guys think....sorry in advance for placing this in gold miners topic...didn't know where to put it.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:19
GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Hat Tips: 5332
i think you're right

i think this could be a great company. with the way food companies are going, etc. and sprott folks now what they are doing. im going to consider evaluating this company as well

Koddo
Koddo's picture
oh ya and dividend

3% dividend yield right now.  Now that yield is even with most of their investments in the development stages/early production.  You go 2-3 years out when these investments start really producing and oil/food prices are higher and say you buy in right now, I bet you could be looking at a healthy high single digit/double digit dividend. 

Koddo
Koddo's picture
Scatch the dividend

Dividend is for Sprott, Inc. not Sprott Resource.  Too many Sprott companies to keep track of :/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Sprott Resource Corp (scp.to)"