Silver Wheaton Corp - SLW.t

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stoxxman
Stoxxman's picture
Hat Tips: 4511
Silver Wheaton Corp - SLW.t

http://pennystockjournal.blogspot.com/2012/03/silver-wheaton-corp-slwt.html

Pages%2Bfrom%2B12-02-20%2BSLW%2BPresenta Silver Wheaton Corp - SLW.t is the largest metals streaming company in the world.

The company currently has fourteen silver purchase agreements and two precious metals agreements where, in exchange for an upfront payment, it has the right to purchase all or a portion of the silver production.

imagesCAB2JLSR.jpg

t?s=slw.to&lang=en-US&region=US&width=27
imagesCAGWCPIF.jpgfrontpage1.jpgimagesCAMXG5OM.jpg

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
RaulP
RaulP's picture
Hat Tips: 343
SLW tanking?

Is there any news that can explain 6% drop in SLW today?  Last time I saw something like this..silver soon followed down.. Is it a signal to BTFD..

Drake
Drake's picture
Hat Tips: 33
@RaulP Re. SLW Decline

Besides the obvious reason (manipulation by TPTB which can drop any miner to any level they wish regardless of any news... Many times even on good news)... I think the drop today may also be related to an asset grab (nationalization) by the Argentinian Government which took place today... SLW has some present as well as future revenue streams coming from Argentinian mines... So if we try to rationalize the drop, perhaps it's related to that (but really, in general, there's no need to try to find a reason for large declines by miners... Miners decline -these days- JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MINERS!)

rock collector
rock collector's picture
Hat Tips: 2216
SLW - time to nibble?

In the past, it's been my casual observation that it is relatively advantageous to pick up SLW shares when they are $2.00 or more below the spot price of Silver. 

SLW  closed at $29.58
Spot Silver is currently $31.63

If others have made similar or contradictory observations in regard to SLW, please feel free to share them. 

rock collector
rock collector's picture
Hat Tips: 2216
Silver Wheaton Reports a Strong Start to 2012

Full article at: http://www.silverstrategies.com/story.aspx?local=h&id=83093

Silver Wheaton Reports a Strong Start to 2012 with Record Quarterly Revenues of US$200 Million

Press Release: Silver Wheaton Corp. – 1 hour 9 minutes ago

VANCOUVER , May 14, 2012 /CNW/ - Silver Wheaton Corp. ("Silver Wheaton" or the "Company") (SLW.TO)(SLW) is pleased to announce its unaudited results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012 .

FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS

• Attributable silver equivalent production of 6.7 million ounces (6.6 million ounces of silver and 2,100 ounces of gold), an increase of 8% compared with Q1 2011.
  • Revenues increased 26% compared with Q1 2011, to a record US$199.6 million, on record silver equivalent sales of 6.1 million ounces (5.9 million ounces of silver and 3,900 ounces of gold).
  • Net earnings increased 20% compared with Q1 2011, to US$147.2 million (US$0.42 per share).
  • Operating cash flows increased 29% compared with Q1 2011, to US$163.8 million (US$0.46 per share1).
  • Cash operating margin1 increased slightly compared with Q1 2011, to US$28.51 per silver equivalent ounce, amongst the highest in the sector.
  • Average cash costs of US$4.081 per silver equivalent ounce (US$4.02 per ounce of silver and US$303 per ounce of gold), relatively unchanged from Q1 2011.
  • Cash balance of US$997.5 million, with a net cash position of US$926.0 million at the end of Q1 2012.
  • Declared quarterly dividend of US$0.09 per common share, representing 20% of the cash generated by operating activities during the three months ended December 31, 2011 .
  • Announced attributable proven and probable silver reserves of 798 million ounces, nearly twice the reserves of any other silver company in the world.

"Solid operating performance from across our portfolio of mines led to a strong start in 2012," said Randy Smallwood , President and Chief Executive Officer of Silver Wheaton. "We achieved record quarterly revenues, and are on target to attaining our annual production guidance of 27 million silver equivalent ounces. With continued positive progress at our world-class cornerstone assets, including the Peñasquito and Pascua-Lama mines, Silver Wheaton retains one of the strongest growth profiles in the sector."

Stardust
Stardust's picture
Hat Tips: 200
SLW

Bought my second batch of Slw after the take down today...couldn't help myself ($26.84). My first batch I bought the bottom (I hope) at $23.44 on 5/16. I now have 400 shares and feeling pretty good about it. 

I guess we will have to wait till Big Ben to speak (5/20) to see how Silver will react.

glta

Go SLW

gbend
gbend's picture
Hat Tips: 227
Bix Wier slams SLW

I was surprised to see B.W. make this statement on what a bad business model SLW has.

I'm left wondering weather this guy really believes what he is saying or is there some other

motivation for this slam.  SLW's business model is as low risk as you can get and still have

exposure to potential silver upside potential which I am still convinced is coming.  Hang

in there.

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
silver versus gold streamers

but look at the difference between  SLW and Franco Nevada for the last 6 month/1 year.

what do you think of this?

why would a gold streamer be performing so much better.  granted silver's been getting kicked worse these days, but This much of a difference is ridiculous.

ArtimusG
ArtimusG's picture
Hat Tips: 16
SLW

I bought my 1st 100 at 14.65 and 2nd at 18.60. Sold 1st one at 42.00 and still hold my 2nd. I have not had a stock that performed this well in a long time. Was talked into it by a friend who got in at 3.00. Watch it grow. Time will tell, but they seem to know what they are doing.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Silver Wheaton Corp - SLW.t "