Are We in the End Times?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moderator Jane
Moderator Jane's picture
Hat Tips: 3501
Are We in the End Times?

A topic to discuss end-times prophecy, Armageddon, the Mayan Calendar, and everything related. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27

Moderator Calamity Jane helps keep Turdville free of trolls with her digital sharp-shooter!

achmachat
achmachat's picture
Hat Tips: 9472
nice!

looking forward to reading these!

Bugzy
Bugzy's picture
Hat Tips: 10562
Copied from main forum

1) Being able to complain about your aches and pains at 46 is way better than the alternative.

2) interesting thoughts on silver. Keep the price too low and all the physical gets bought and the system will default. answer - put the physical out of reach of the average man. (actually - I dont really get this. Madness of crowds would probably kick in.

3) Revelations and such (yes this is dodgy ground for some).

If God was to declare the end of the world - way back when - and some guy, kinda spoke to God and wrote it down. God being omnipotent, gets to clap his hands - destroys Damascus or whatever and declares and end to his games. This suggests that every part of life is pre ordained. That we have no choices and that we are just a part of some game. We come to this site because we choose to better out lot and prepare and stuff given money printing etc.

If one really put complete faith in god. there would be no need to stack or trade or have material possessions - god will provide, blessed are the poor for they will inherit ......

Then you can argue that once introduced to the true way then one has  choice to follow god and if so, save yourself and such. This assumes that all men are created equal and that all men have the same openness to the word and that all those spreading the word are as good as the next guy.

But which way is the right way? There are numerous sects out there. Catholics, Lutheran, Baptist, and on and on. Are they all right?

Which then gets me onto. We are the true believers and you lot are not. We get to go to heaven, you lot are going to hell. And on and on. To me, there is more judgment in religion than anything else. Judgment creates separation, separation promotes sides, promotes hate.

A healthy person develops empathy. Empathy (and Darwinism - re tribal life) gives one moral guidance on how to live a good life. I hurt you, I have an empathic feeling of hurt. Therefore I tend not to hurt you. Some folk call this morals and read it in a book.

I have no organized religion, I just don't get it. My empathy is my compass.

Do I believe in a "something" greater intelligence. Actually, yes I do. I feel something. Yet, for me, religion takes me further from it. The way that can be followed is not the way.

I have respect for the beliefs that people hold. Whatever works. Whatever brings comfort.

slavador
slavador's picture
Hat Tips: 833
the end

The end of the world will be coming for nearly all of us posting here within 70 years - some of us much sooner. Speculating on the exact timing of when the end is coming for others is a feature of some belief systems (Mayan, fundamentalist Christian, Shiite Muslims, Earth Firsters!) and it has been in the past been used to excite and swindle. My tradition is Byzantine Catholic and we take the verse:

"Watch ye therefore, because you know not the day nor the hour"        Mathew 24:13 Douay-Rheimes

quite literally to mean that this is a question whose answer will not be available until that day/hour.

Bugzy
Bugzy's picture
In other words.

Yes you will meet your make in the next 70 or so years. So be a good " fill in the blank" because you never know when your time is up. And you do not want to get caught out by thinking it is years off and then choosing to be good.

It usually goes like - be good and do as I say or else bad things are going to happen to you for ever and ever.

This suggests that folk live morally because they they do not want to fry in hell forever.

I do not believe in this stuff. Yet I I like to do good because it feels right, here and now.

Groaner
Groaner's picture
Hat Tips: 8076
Dont worry about who gets

Dont worry about who gets in.. No matter who it is they are put there by Satan the Devil. He is the real ruler of this world. The rulers are merely dupes doing his will. Satan's time and ruler ship are fast coming to an end along with everyone who is his side, and the majority don't have a clue they are really on his side.

Jesus confronted the devil when he tried to temp Jesus 3 times to sin when he was in a very weak state, fasting for 40 days..

Note carefully what he said to Jesus and what he offered Jesus if he would worship him instead of Jehovah.

LUKE 4: 2  Furthermore, he ate nothing in those days, and so, when they were concluded, he felt hungry. 3 At this the Devil said to him: “If you are a son of God, tell this stone to become a loaf of bread.” 4 But Jesus replied to him: “It is written, ‘Man must not live by bread alone.’”

5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; 6 and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. 7 You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.” 8 In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

All authority has been given the Devil over this world for a period of time. Why? He challenged God's right to rule in the Garden of Eden.. 
Jesus later in the book of John called the Devil the ruler of the world in 3 different scriptures.

He is called the god of this system of things at 2 Cor 4:4
at 1 John 5:19 19 We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one. 

True Christians are no part of this world, we take Jesus and Jehovah's side and wait for his Kingdom, (government) to come and destroy every vestige of Satan's demonic rulership.. It inludes all the existing Governments, all the False Religions and the Greedy commercial systems.. Sadly the majority of people on this earth are receiving a warning that they are constantly ignoring. 

Matt 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

It can happen any day.. READ psalms chapter 2

Doc1800
Doc1800's picture
Hat Tips: 803
Turd- a kind response to your brother

As a pastor, I will say that you have a great argument.  Scripture teaches also in Ezekial 38 of a great war where many nations come against the nation of Israel.  Being as how the valley of dry bones has been re-assembled and the nation of Israel is once again a nation since 1948 we know this war has not happened yet either.  I would be interested in the reasonings your brother gives, not to promote strife but to rightly divide.  

Larry
Larry's picture
Hat Tips: 7685
Turd, a response

Related to the last thread - please skip if you are not inclined to read a comment regarding Turd's question on the last days.

There were many good comments. Maybe some got moved? Forgive if I've left someone out, but if you read AGnAU at 1:40, Magpie at 2:03 you'll pretty much have it. In particular, Groaner's 3:23 post is spot on. I especially appreciate Groaner using Jehovah or Yaweh (God's name) instead of just His title (God, Lord, Creator, Heavenly Father) and for correctly separating God the Father from the Son, Christ Jesus. But that's another story for another thread.

Joel Rosenberg was wrong about Damascus relating to the last days. Not sure why he would cite those particular scriptures. Your brother was correct in terms of Damascus not relating to the last days. Those were accounts/prophesies based on historical events that have occurred. But your bro is completely wrong about "old testament stuff only pertaining to events that were to take place before the birth of Christ". There are more abundant scriptures in the "new testament" pertaining to the last days, but to understand the "new" one must understand the "old". Your brother has plenty of company in his beliefs because that is what most modern churches teach in 'Christendom'. He's probably a great guy too. Hope you have fruitful conversations about this.

A more accurate way to describe the two sections of the bible (contrary to most churches) is, instead of old/new testament, there are the Hebrew-Aramaic Scriptures and the Christian Greek Scriptures. Without getting too longwinded, if you want 'Last Days' scriptures from the "old testament", read Psalm 92:7, Daniel 12:4. But as we know, the Hebrew and the Greek scriptures are inextricably linked. 

For more on the last days and signs, read Matt 24:3-14 and 24:7 and 24:36. 2 Timothy 3:1-5, Luke 21:11-17 and 34-36, 2 Thess 1:6-9 and on to Revelation 7:9. How will these world leaders accomplish their dastardly deeds that lead us to the war? Rev 17:17. Finally, we really must remember 1 Thessalonians 5:2. No final warning bell.

So many more scriptures that relate and illuminate the last days, but hope this helps. If my post gets moved, so be it and that's fine by me if that is the wish. Just answering where it was asked, here, out in the open on Main Street so to speak.

Xeno
Xeno's picture
Hat Tips: 3438
Not one jot, not one tittle 

Not one jot, not one tittle  shall be left without it's mate. Unless an unimaginable amount of things fall into place this year, the end is not yet. You are being played. And we are putting a monkey wrench in the plans of those who would love nothing more than for all of us to bow down in allegence to a lie.

Few battles actually turn the tide, imho the last one went on 45-50 yrs. ago, we lost. We can't afford to lose this one because there won't be time to regroup before they're ready to make us all bow down.

Then the end.

slavador
slavador's picture
Bugsy

"Yes you will meet your make in the next 70 or so years. So be a good " fill in the blank" because you never know when your time is up. And you do not want to get caught out by thinking it is years off and then choosing to be good"

I was pointing out that end times are not rolling out in an obvious manner, and they will not play out in an obvious manner. Those who study Christian books looking for such patterns are likely wasting their time.  What does roll out in an obvious manner is the 3 score and 10 years we each get to roam the earth. Using every second of this time effectively seems quite prudent as our life is limited in supply like gold and cannot be printed like fiat. As to why folks that believe often act in morally decent ways is more complex than a fear of the flame. Catholics +Orthodox Christians believe that when we partake of the sacraments we become more like our creator and less like the beasts we likely evolved from. 

Moral behavior often leads to social and financial advantage. Immoral behavior leads to social isolation and poverty. What actions men do in cooperation with the grace of God is extremely personal and private knowledge.  

Bugzy
Bugzy's picture
Oh My

You end of the world types must be ecstatic right now. You lucky lucky people.

I wish I had your faith.

Off to heaven to see god and everyone. No more worries about stacking the precious or evil governments. It really does not get any better than this does it?

Man you guys have it made. Congratulations!

I was going to wish you good luck, then it occurred to me that you from your perspective, you don't need it. God is on your side and that is all that matters.

So....are we celebrating yet?

Edit - Hang on a minute Salvador- more like our creator and not like the beasts we evolved from! Make your mind up. Were we created or did we evolve?

Man, I really worry about why I am getting involved in this stuff. Actually - this my last on this. Complete waste of my time.

Cheerio - may your god be with you.

slavador
slavador's picture
Edit - Hang on a minute

Edit - Hang on a minute Salvador- more like our creator and not like the beasts we evolved from! Make your mind up. Were we created or did we evolve?

The mechanism for our creation has been studied in great detail and it appears to have taken place over the past 6-10 billion years. The God I pray to is clearly a lot more capable and interesting than the one you don't believe in!

Santa's Elf
Santa's Elf's picture
Hat Tips: 1464
I really like this clip

Whether or not we're nearing the end of times is anybody's guess, but the signs sure lead us to the idea that calamity awaits and there's only one way out:

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
"Look for the boy carrying

"Look for the boy carrying water."

Anyone know where this is from and what it symbolizes? 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Patriot Family
Patriot Family's picture
Hat Tips: 3312
I'll comment briefly here. 

I'll comment briefly here.  There are several different viewpoints on end times prophecy  and there is a reason a lot of pastors won't touch this topic in their sermons with a 10 foot pole.  It can be a very divisive topic for the church.

I've studied prophecy to an extent that I consider myself a bit better versed than the typical Christian out there.  I think I can bottom line my answer to this question... Yes.  We are indeed living in the End Times.  Once Israel became a nation again in 1948 and the Jews began returning to their homeland from all corners of the earth, that started the process.  Can we time it down to the year, month or day as to when certain prophetic events will be fulfilled?  No.  Not until the Antichrist crafts the peace treaty between Israel and her enemies.

Could I be wrong?  Of course.  But as one who believes in the absolute Truth and authority of God's word, I take it literally when we are told that once Israel becomes a nation again, that generation shall not pass before we see the return of Christ.

A lot of Bible scholars say the "generation" terminology is allegorical or perhaps alludes to the rapid nature in which events will transpire.  I'm sticking with the idea that God generally limits a man's lifespan to 120 years.  So there is the potential for a Jew who was born  in Israel in 1948 - or elsewhere in the world - to live to 100+ years.  That puts us at a window between 1948 and 2088.    We are squarely in the middle of that window.

Timing prophetic events, the tribulation and the return of Christ is foolish.  However, we are given specific events that indicate that age is upon us. 1948 is one of those key events as far as I am concerned.  The alignment we're seeing between the Middle Eastern countries and the Soviet Union is matching up to another key event for Israel's future.  Stay tuned.

Seller of high quality, Thrive brand freeze dried storage foods: www.freezedriedpantry.com

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Are We in the End Times?"