CloudFlare

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joye
Joye's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 349
Posts: 70
CloudFlare

Hey

Having some problems with CloudFlare.

Most of the time I can use the site for a while then CloudFlare jumps in and gives me an old cashed version.

Then I have to restart my browser and go back in and it works for a little while.

Most of the time it occurs when im in the forums, main threads seams to work better.

Googled it a bit and apparently other sites have also had problems with forums while using CloudFlare.

So can u please shut it down or something.

Thanx

__________________

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

- Krishnamurti

admin
admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/15/2011
Hat Tips: 2964
Posts: 474
I haven't seen any

I haven't seen any information about other forums having problems with CloudFlare.  Can you provide some links?

You should expect that the site will take some time to be fully indexed and cached by CloudFlare.  During this time, some users may receive old copies of pages, or messages stating that they need to click a link to see the newest version.  This is normal and hopefully should subside over time.  

If visitors continue to see this happening over a number of days, please let us know and we can investigate further.

__________________

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2011
Hat Tips: 15486
Posts: 2348
admin...

admin wrote:

I haven't seen any information about other forums having problems with CloudFlare.  Can you provide some links?

You should expect that the site will take some time to be fully indexed and cached by CloudFlare.  During this time, some users may receive old copies of pages, or messages stating that they need to click a link to see the newest version.  This is normal and hopefully should subside over time.  

If visitors continue to see this happening over a number of days, please let us know and we can investigate further.

I was able to log on this morning & post...however...I was having the same problem...& now everything is fine...after trying over 30 times today!...It would be nice if you could fix the problem with CloudFlare...or get rid of it entirely!!!...

Bag Of Gold

admin
admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/15/2011
Hat Tips: 2964
Posts: 474
BagOfGold wrote: ...after

BagOfGold wrote:

...after trying over 30 times today!

Can you tell me exactly what you were trying to do "30 times"?  Load the page?  Refresh the cache?  Were you presented with an "error message" from the site similar to this: http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/124736#comment-124736

If so, did you click the "retry a live version" link?

Thanks.

__________________

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2011
Hat Tips: 15486
Posts: 2348
admin...

admin wrote:

BagOfGold wrote:

...after trying over 30 times today!

Can you tell me exactly what you were trying to do "30 times"?  Load the page?  Refresh the cache?  Were you presented with an "error message" from the site similar to this: http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/124736#comment-124736

If so, did you click the "retry a live version" link?

Thanks.

I was refreshing the page to read all of the comments for all of the forums...& I continually got the error message above!...I tried "retry a live version" link...& that didn't work either!!!...

Bag Of Gold

admin
admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/15/2011
Hat Tips: 2964
Posts: 474
BagOfGold wrote: I was

BagOfGold wrote:

I was refreshing the page to read all of the comments for all of the forums...

Just to make sure I clearly undersatnd, which page were you refreshing?  And when you say "refresh", do you mean you were clicking the link to the next page of comments?  Or refreshing the same page looking for new comments?

Thanks.

__________________

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2011
Hat Tips: 15486
Posts: 2348
admin wrote: BagOfGold

admin wrote:

BagOfGold wrote:

I was refreshing the page to read all of the comments for all of the forums...

Just to make sure I clearly undersatnd, which page were you refreshing?  And when you say "refresh", do you mean you were clicking the link to the next page of comments?  Or refreshing the same page looking for new comments?

Thanks.

I was refreshing the same page looking for new comments...

Thanks!!!...

Bag Of Gold

admin
admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/15/2011
Hat Tips: 2964
Posts: 474
BagOfGold, we made some

BagOfGold, we made some recent adjustments to the CloudFlare settings.  Let me know if you're still seeing the messages with the same frequency.  Thanks.

__________________

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "CloudFlare"