PHYS/PSLV as Substitute for Gold IRA

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
wje3
wje3's picture
Hat Tips: 26
PHYS/PSLV as Substitute for Gold IRA

Hi Everyone;

This is my first post here. TF, this website  is a really great source of information for all PM related topics.

Here's my question: Would PHYS/PSLV act as a good substitute for a gold/silver IRA.  Rather than close my current 401k/IRAs and transfer them to one of the many gold backed retirement plans, would PHYS/PSLV work just as well as they are backed by actual physical gold and silver?

What are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks.

Bill

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:30
dsrcheetah
dsrcheetah's picture
Hat Tips: 39
pslv/phys

Arete, the physical gold/silver ira's which I have looked at carry very high fees and expenses. Holding PSLV and/or PHYS are a very good alternative and much more cost effective. You have to watch the premiums, and if they get outside the normal range, ie about 12-15% for PSLV and 4-6% for PHYS, you should sell and wait for a return to normal or low premiums to buy. Right now PSLV is an excellent buy with low premium and PHYS is at a normal premium level. I hold a significant position in PSLV in my IRA. Keep in mind the danger in IRA's if the government decides all IRA's must be invested in treasury  bonds "for our protection". I haved cashed out 80% of my IRA (40% in december and another 40% in january) and will close out the rest in january, 2013. Cheers, Tom

wje3
wje3's picture
Hat Tips: 26
PSLV/PHYS

Thanks for the info, Tom.

I'm not yet ready to take that step and cash out my 401k/IRA, but I'm well aware of the danger that you speak of.

I'll watch the premiums and start working into those two funds.

Thanks again.

Bill

The man who sto...
The man who stole a leopard's picture
Hat Tips: 1208
Before it's no longer an option

Wouldn't it suck if you no longer had the option to buy precious metals with your traditional or Roth IRA?

How about no longer being able to take a loan against your 401k?

Surely the government will be looking out for our best interests and keep these options available...

http://money.msn.com/saving-money-tips/post.aspx?post=e5702465-353b-4a5b-8aa3-f0d0cca6d43e

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1020

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "PHYS/PSLV as Substitute for Gold IRA"