Help with quick prepping question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tyler
Tyler's picture
Hat Tips: 3174
Help with quick prepping question

Hi everyone,

I'm preparing a hiking bag I can have at my house so that I can quickly take it with me in an emergency scenario.  It will have a whole bunch of powder food, but the container it comes in is large and awkward.

I'm looking for something similar to a camelbak that I could transfer this powder into.  I'm having trouble finding a flexible material that won't break and is easily accessible when I need to remove the contents of the bladder.  I've looked at a few canteens, but ideally there would be a bigger mouth to remove everything from.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Tyler

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
Eternal Student
Eternal Student's picture
Hat Tips: 2162
Bug out bags

Check this site out:

http://www.survivalblog.com/

They've had a number of good articles about putting a bug-out bag together, as well as get-home bags.

SilverFocker
SilverFocker's picture
Hat Tips: 2577
Buy or use someone els's Vac

Buy or use someone els's Vac Sealer.........A very handy Item that every prepper should have.

Big L
Big L's picture
Hat Tips: 2930
cordura

Get some Cordura fabric at the fabric store.  Get 600 x 600 denier minimum and 1000 denier if you can find it. It's practically bullet proof.

Take the fabric to an upholstery shop, ask them to make you a bag. You could have them make a drawstring top on the bag which could open quite wide.  Use Ziplock bags or Vac Sealer inside the Cordura sleeve to protect your powder from moisture.

Light weight, flexible, abrasion resistant and strong.

Big L.

Tyler
Tyler's picture
Hat Tips: 3174
Big L

Thank you!  This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.  Will do some more research now.  Thanks again.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Help with quick prepping question"