Poll- your top 2 silver miners

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drifter
Drifter's picture
Hat Tips: 1903
Poll- your top 2 silver miners

Post just 2 names, I'll count them up if there's enough response and put them in this post

I'm looking for companies with proven reserves, a dividend and a hatred of share printing dilution

2 names, no need for reasonings or justifications

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Nemesis
Nemesis's picture
Hat Tips: 1814
First Majestic(AG), Pan American Silver (PAAS)

kind regards

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
my top 2 silver miners

Scorpio Mining

First majestic

....but I Must add one more  equally as good.....

Fortuna Silver

bernard
bernard's picture
Hat Tips: 2596
First Majestic all the way.

First Majestic all the way. Totally unhedged.

Compare Silver Prices

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Hecla It will get cheaper.

Hecla

It will get cheaper.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Neither of mine pay a

Neither of mine pay a dividend, but my two biggest silver bets are First Majestic and Endeavour.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
yes. Endeavour

...has to be in the top tier list of silver miners.  Its fun to pick 2 but realistically , you have to have  a few more.... maybe 5 or 6. or 4.  

can we do that ?  I dont want to hijack your game....  but I have  5 or 6 .

Fortuna silver

First majestic

Scorpio Mining

Endeavour

Alexco

Silvercorp

.....and special  category for ....Silver Wheaton

TheGoodDoctor
TheGoodDoctor's picture
Hat Tips: 11941
Agreed T. I only picked Hecla

Agreed T. I only picked Hecla as it is the one silver dividend paying silver company that I own. Oops I guess Silvercorp too. Doh.

I like (not in any particular order) Silvermex, South American Silver, Golden Minerals (formerly ECU Silver), Impact, Endeavour, and Great Panther. For more speculative plays I like Apogee, and Xtierra.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz

unclescrooge
unclescrooge's picture
Hat Tips: 139
Silvercorp and Silver Wheaton

Silvercorp and Silver Wheaton are both growing their dividends and production, are among the lowest cost producers (streamer for SLW), and have multiple mines to reduce risk. They appear to have turned the corner and are now starting to turn up.

I also like and own the following:

Sabina - Junior with lots of cash; basically sold a future silver mine in Nunavut, Canada but kept a juicy royalty; now developing a high grade gold property in same jurisdiction.
Aurcana - Junior that will soon be producing from Shafter mine in Texas; huge growth when combined with their other operating mine in Mexico.
Fortuna - 2 mines growing production in Peru and Mexico; low cost producer; steady as she goes.
Bear Creek - cheap here; SLW owns a piece; huge silver resources that will eventually be taken out at some point; good buy below $4 and exceptional below $3.50 which is where it is now.

Lastly, I like Wildcat Silver but don't own any. Had it at 40 cents but got out way too soon at 60. Another company that SLW seems to also like.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Poll- your top 2 silver miners"