Evolving Gold - EVG.t

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stoxxman
Stoxxman's picture
Hat Tips: 4511
Evolving Gold - EVG.t

http://pennystockjournal.blogspot.com/2011/12/evolving-gold-corp-evgt.html

Pages%2Bfrom%2BEVGptnSept-8-11final.jpg Evolving Gold Corp. - EVG.t is advancing the Carlin/Humboldt projects in Nevada and the Rattlesnake Hills project in central Wyoming.
imagesCA67M1D4.jpg

t?s=evg.to&lang=en-US&region=US&width=27 imagesCAGWCPIF.jpgfrontpage1.jpg imagesCAMXG5OM.jpg

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20
Fired
Fired's picture
Hat Tips: 980
Chairman just quit (pushed?).

Chairman just quit (pushed?). Goldcorp is EVGs largest shareholder... takeover soon?

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
Hat Tips: 1300
EVG takeover? Hope not

EVG board room is enduring a shakeup in recent weeks, losing Tookie and Quinton (head geo man).

The problems of this management team had been obvious. Now, maybe, things improve.

But I'd hate to see a takeover from this ridiculously low share price. And, don't forget Agnico-Eagle as a possible suitor. AE is joint venture partner with Evolving Gold at Rattlesnake Hills, Wyoming. If AE moves ahead with its JV outline, it will be buying lots of EVG stock, too.

Still lots of drill hole assays pending from the season's drilling at Rattlesnake, as well as holes from various Nevada properties.

infinite_easing
infinite_easing's picture
Hat Tips: 1691
EVG has been on a year long

EVG has been on a year long slide, and it has perhaps relented at this point....that said, given the outlook for lower bullion prices over the next few months, the firm may continue to languish for sometime.

Fired
Fired's picture
infinite_easing wrote: EVG

infinite_easing wrote:

EVG has been on a year long slide, and it has perhaps relented at this point....that said, given the outlook for lower bullion prices over the next few months, the firm may continue to languish for sometime.

Very possible. However, the rising gold price did little to help the share so I don't see why a falling one should influence it either. More likely is the possibility of a takeover affecting the price. Two big suitors fighting over little EVG would be nice to see and IMHO this is exactly the price they would do it at as we are reaching the 2008 lows now.

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
EVG needs 43-101 for Wyoming

What this management could do to revitalize the share price would be to go ahead with a 43-101 for Wyoming based on drill results to date.

Before the Agnico-Eagle joint venture, Evolving Gold had targeted a 43-101 for early 2011. Supposedly Agnico-Eagle wanted to delay that to include another year of drill results, which would mean early 2012. And, for some reason, that timetable also seems to have been shelved. But there is speculation that EVG management will do a 43-101 on its own dime, the better to quantify the deposit. The goal is to link two deposits into one to allow for one large open-pit operation. Also, there has been a drilling pursuit of the deeper, higher-grade feeder system that deposited the shallow stuff over a wide area.

A 43-101 would preclude the need for the continuing speculation on the Rattlesnake Hills deposit size to date, which mostly seems to have a low figure of 1 million ounces and an upper estimate in the 3-million-ounce range -- all just investor speculation.

Some analysts reckon that EVG is priced for Wyoming value only and does not include Nevada potential, or the interest in the Prosperity spinoff.

Fired
Fired's picture
Continued upward movement on

Continued upward movement on heavier than normal volume...

Fired
Fired's picture
Yet another....

.... high volume up day.

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
Inch-by-inch, penny-by-penny

Yeah, EVG pulled out a gain late and it is encouraging to see the share price slogging upward. But this one fell so far, so fast in 2011, it's going to take a lot more than this to make me happy.

So, EVG management, let's disgorge those remaining drill results, held over from last year, apparently, in hopes of improving market conditions. Let's announce plans for a Wyoming 43-101. Let's do it!

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
EVG headwind

Tomorrow could be a problem for EVG. James West was on BNN this afternoon knocking the company hard for its revolving door management and failure to be able to further what many thought was a very desirable situation.

West, who long had been positive on EVG, said he'd sold his position. He also said he's come to understand that the Rattlesnake Hills claim is more complex than first thought, that there is difficulty proving connects between intercepts, thus calling into question the economic feasibility of mining it.

The stock dropped a couple of cents Tuesday and had a two-cent bid-ask spread late, so I fear some follow-through selling Wednesday assuming that West's rap is widely disseminated overnight.

infinite_easing
infinite_easing's picture
Hat Tips: 1691
EVG can't seem to catch a

EVG can't seem to catch a break. It's in the gutter as it is so a further couple cents really doesn't matter (to me). Management can be fixed. Creative technical insight -- innovation -- is needed, if this report is accurate. Am I foolishly optimistic? Probably, when you consider that almost all of these junior plays will turn to clay. But at this point I am so far underwater, I need scuba gear.

Wintermute
Wintermute's picture
Hat Tips: 23
Thought about selling

but decided to stay long. The interview had been at around 2 pm yesterday, so there was already quite some time to react. Hope we have already seen most of the interview-related selling.

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
EVG damage not too bad

EVG share price was spared a big selloff today in the wake of the West interview in which he hatcheted the stock pretty good.

Someone on the stockhouse EVG message board today posted an email response from EVG IR guy Rory Quinn, commenting on West's interview. It's an interesting read, if you want to bother to take a look.

Wintermute
Wintermute's picture
EVGs take on the subject

I also got a statement from EVGs Rory Quinn and a permission to post it on bullboards. So here it comes:

Rory Quinn of EVG wrote:

James West has absolutely no understanding of Rattlesnake Hills geology.  His clumsy comments are very disappointing.  His informal discussion with geologists, did not include Quinton Hennigh (founder of Evolving Gold, founder of Gold Canyon, and of Prosperity Goldfield's property, consulting geologist around the world and former senior geologist at Newmont), nor the CEO of the company, who is a geologist, nor the current chief geologist.  He did not even ask me for information, so I cannot imagine who he has talked to.  He has also not visited site.  James West is not a geologist.  I would expect a newsletter writer I followed to do a lot more due diligence, and if I did not understand something, I would try to for the benefit of my subscribers, or certainly preface any remarks I had on the subject with, "I am not a geologist and am not qualified to discuss geology in any detail or in how it relates to a company's value"

Compare that to Bob Moriarty, who has been in the industry a very long time and has a good reputation to protect.  He's visited both sites.  He met with me, he met with our chief geologist, he talked with Quinton.  That is due diligence, and that was for just a little paragraph on his website.  Doesn't overstate his knowledge or pretend to know things he doesn’t.

This "Great white albatross" West speaks of, and the "poor" or "questionable" geology is the same project Agnico Eagle committed $76 million to in June.  If James knows something that they don't know, Quinton doesn’t know, our entire staff doesn’t know, I would like to hear it.  Does he have some insider information he would like to share, or does he just not know what he is talking about, and cannot admit he speculates on stocks without understanding the underlying technical value of the assets of the companies he recommends buying and selling.

Lastly, he didn't even discuss Nevada in relation to company value.   It's a shame that people can't just say "I don't know" sometimes.  

Best Regards,

Rory Quinn
Manager of Investor Relations
Evolving Gold Corp

BagOfGold
BagOfGold's picture
Hat Tips: 15486
Wintermute...

Wintermute wrote:

I also got a statement from EVGs Rory Quinn and a permission to post it on bullboards. So here it comes:

Rory Quinn of EVG wrote:

James West has absolutely no understanding of Rattlesnake Hills geology.  His clumsy comments are very disappointing.  His informal discussion with geologists, did not include Quinton Hennigh (founder of Evolving Gold, founder of Gold Canyon, and of Prosperity Goldfield's property, consulting geologist around the world and former senior geologist at Newmont), nor the CEO of the company, who is a geologist, nor the current chief geologist.  He did not even ask me for information, so I cannot imagine who he has talked to.  He has also not visited site.  James West is not a geologist.  I would expect a newsletter writer I followed to do a lot more due diligence, and if I did not understand something, I would try to for the benefit of my subscribers, or certainly preface any remarks I had on the subject with, "I am not a geologist and am not qualified to discuss geology in any detail or in how it relates to a company's value"

Compare that to Bob Moriarty, who has been in the industry a very long time and has a good reputation to protect.  He's visited both sites.  He met with me, he met with our chief geologist, he talked with Quinton.  That is due diligence, and that was for just a little paragraph on his website.  Doesn't overstate his knowledge or pretend to know things he doesn’t.

This "Great white albatross" West speaks of, and the "poor" or "questionable" geology is the same project Agnico Eagle committed $76 million to in June.  If James knows something that they don't know, Quinton doesn’t know, our entire staff doesn’t know, I would like to hear it.  Does he have some insider information he would like to share, or does he just not know what he is talking about, and cannot admit he speculates on stocks without understanding the underlying technical value of the assets of the companies he recommends buying and selling.

Lastly, he didn't even discuss Nevada in relation to company value.   It's a shame that people can't just say "I don't know" sometimes.  

Best Regards,

Rory Quinn
Manager of Investor Relations
Evolving Gold Corp

Thank You for this information!...James West continues to be a dis-information agent...& his newsletter isn't worth the paper it's written on!...If I could hat tip you a million times...I would do so!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Wintermute
Wintermute's picture
Thanks BoG :-)

Was a good thing to read EVGs views on the subject, at first I felt somewhat uncomfortable when JW came up with his "geological problems". But now I have faith again ;-)

firstsilver
firstsilver's picture
Drill results out

The remaining Rattlesnake Hills holes were released today. Company news release trumpets "high grade" but it's a small intercept. Otherwise, nothing spectacular, at least IMHO.

Investor reaction as measured by the share price is blahhhhh. Anyone see reason to be excited by these assays?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Evolving Gold - EVG.t"