Let us stop Playing the fear game, and start Co-creating in our communities, and be the change!!!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
silveralchemist
silveralchemist's picture
Hat Tips: 449
Let us stop Playing the fear game, and start Co-creating in our communities, and be the change!!!

Stop playing the fear game!!  In fear you are already defeated!!!

If this happens we are all going to go through it together.  We all may be knowledgeable enough to prepare while others may not.  When the SHTF are we just going to let people starve while we live with our food and metals???  This 'everyone for themselves', disconnection, and fear of others taking your stuff is exactly how we got here!!!!  

The whole game is one of fear!!!  It is what runs the monetary system...it is what runs the military...and everything else....it separates us from each other....and it is only when we work together that the people truly have their power!!!!

With fear and 'everyone for themselves' mind state we allowed the death of our country and the death of freedom!!! 

DO NOT give in to it.  There is abundance if you share, and believe in each other!!!! 

To thrive as humans we need to work together and share resources, and co-create.  At the very least barter.   If not, then we have all already been defeated!!!

If we continually believe that we are all going to have to lie to each other, fight off each other, and watch others die around us, and live in fear...then what's the point?!?!?!

We are better than that!!!  

This is an opportunity to come together in your local community,  to harmonize, to share, and create something special.  

In my city we have created dozens of local neighborhood farms, many swaps(gifting circles), eco-villages, barter circles, and a trust family of people who support, believe, and co-create with each other...we are not afraid as we have each other....

You don't need to live in Fear....it is up to you to make a difference, and to create a better community, and a better world. 

Be the change!!  Please use this thread to share the connections you are making with your community, and thoughts on how we can co-create more!!

Peace and Love 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
dabblingman
dabblingman's picture
Hat Tips: 138
Amen!

And hallelujah!

I'm with you on this one.

Namaste, Dabblingman

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Count me in, friend 

Count me in, friend yes

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

Citizen621
Citizen621's picture
Hat Tips: 241
With you 100% on this one!

For a resource on how to act on this thought, may I suggest John Robbs'

Global Guerrillas site - in particular his links to Resilient Communities.

Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
Greetings from the International Space Station

A message from the current Commander of the International Space Station

I found his comments at around 2:00 minutes to be the most interesting.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Thank you!

The only thing that has led to the prospering of the human spirit is coming together and helping each other toward the greater good.

But it all starts at home. I learned an important lesson about 7 years ago about the fragile state of the human condition. Our first priority is actually ourselves, not our family or our friends or our neighbors. Why? Because we cannot give something we do not own ourselves. It's just the way the Universe works....

ME

WE

US

In that order. 

Screw your 'collapse.' 

Take your fear-based nonsense and shove it.

Get yourself together. Your health. Your finances. Your mind.

When people you're close to sense that you're taken care of, they will come to you and you will teach them. The moth always flies to the light.

When a small group does the same, it will spread.

When a community begins to blossom, it will spread wider and farther. 

Historical texts calls this phenomena a "revolution." All it really is is the movement of a needed evolution of US. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Eric Original
Eric Original's picture
Dr Durden wrote: Screw your

Dr Durden wrote:

Screw your 'collapse.' 

Take your fear-based nonsense and shove it.

Get yourself together. Your health. Your finances. Your mind.

Love your post, Dr Durden!  yes

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.

silveralchemist
it is an honor to grow together.. ISS and "Screw your collapse"

It is an honor to go through this with all of you!!!!  I share my deepest respect and gratitude

All your comments are awesome...keep them coming! :-)   

Dr. Durden with "Screw your collapse" and Strongsidejedi with the outer space perspective...very funny and very touching

It is an evolution of humanity(not in the scientific word), but in the sense that we are presented with an opportunity to transcend these fears that have affected us for so long....

I feel that those two combined are saying that things don't have to be this way.  We don't have to accept this.  The earth is beautiful, with plenty of resources, and we are humans capable of so much.  All the squabbling and financial wars are meaningless in reality to the vastness of the earth, the universe, and even to our development as humans.  We are beyond this, but fear can be tricky and can definitely hold us back.  However, I see more than ever people awaking to their power, and no matter what happens I will never give up on believing that we have greatness within us!  

It does all start with loving yourself, and from there it all falls into place.  Inner peace will lead to outer peace. Inner mastery will lead to outer mastery, and unconditional self love to acceptance, compassion, and universal unconditional love for all..

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
You cannot have a growing

You cannot have a growing community of like-minded Turdites without banksterz.

You cannot have war without peace.

You cannot have love without indifference.

It is the Universal concept of duality. For every ion there's a -cation. Proton/electron. Greed/fear. Bull/bear.

It will NEVER be balanced

No side will ever win.

It's not a competition. It's the way it is. It's the way it has always been. It's the way it always will be

All will exist as one in harmony cause that's all there is. The rest is illusion....

Law of Attraction begets Law of Believe. Thoughts > words > deeds. You manifest every level of reality you experience. You want to experience fear? "Collapse"? Then think, talk and act like everything is collapsing and guess what? Everything will around you. You want to experience prosperity? Freedom? You get the picture.

Ever heard of Viktor Frankl? http://www.ted.com/talks/viktor_frankl_youth_in_search_of_meaning.html

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Mr.Grey
Mr.Grey's picture
Hat Tips: 1058
Fear

Fear is a natural response to things that threaten your Belief/value system.  Fear is a good thing, it a survival instinct.  Fear triggers physical changes in the body that sets up the fight or flight choice. At this point the body has done what it can to preserve itself and now is at the mercy of the intellect.  Intellect, this is where it gets a little sketchy because we all tend to judge the world from our own experience and point of view.  That intellect must decipher is this a real fear or is this an imagined fear is this a rational fear or is it irrational.  Irrational fears might be identified by being based on emotion rather than cognitive thought or being based on a dysfuctional belief system.  Most of our belief system is put in place without any concious thought so if you find yourself being a little emotional on a subject it is time to examine your beliefs in that area.  Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

silveralchemist
Ur right Mr Grey....Check out Mr Green about Transforming Fear

Ur definitely right about that!  Fear is a natural response to danger.  If someone is coming at you or there is a fire....fight or flight.  It  can protect us and help us survive.  It does this by bringing awareness to us about what is happening.  There is a fire or someone is following me!  Once it has done this, then its job is done.   

And your last statement is definitely true as well.  

The reason I say check out Mr Green is because there is a great movie called Revolver that is about fear.  And the character Mr Green learns about it in one crazy way :-P  I highly recommend it....

The problem with fear is that people hold on to it!  It did it's job...it alerted you to the situation....it brought awareness to you....but then we hold on to it.   Flight or fight is our true response, but is it the most effective in the long term, because you can't get out of life alive:-) LOL  

Freedom comes not from staying alive or fighting, but from freeing yourself of the game altogether.  The fight or flight is about ego.  Irrational fears exist, but one may say that all fear is irrational in the long run.  We are all going to pass, the world is ever changing, and we can go with it or resist it.  

I dont believe living like Jason Bourne is going to workout :-) Are we truly free if we have to keep fighting or running?  What if there was another option beyond flight or fight?  What if "they" had no real power other than the power we give them by our attachment to fear?  What if fear is what has created this entire system by separating people and making people fight against one another?  What if fear is what has driven people to seek power, because they fear powerlessness, to seek control because they fear things being out of control, and to seek material wealth because they fear there not being enough? And what if fear even separates you from yourself so that you don't even know how powerful you are? 

Fight or flight is a basic response in our functioning, but we have so much more their to work with and use.  What if fear can be used, and transformed into something far more useful and effective by letting it go?

Does a fireman or a warrior know fear.....absolutely, but they act anyway, and not from fear, but from years of training in a state of mind that is relaxed, focused, and determined! Fear can bring awareness, and so can instinct and intuition!  The effects of attachment afterwards are not necessary, and do not help us.  

I have spent my whole life training in martial arts with high level masters that train special forces units and fight full combat with their students.  I have gotten my ribs broke, chest bruised, fingers broke, toes broke, sprained ankles, and almost got my neck snapped a few times.  I have been bruised to the point where I couldn't walk or even pick up my arm.   In all that time I learned that no matter who I faced...in reality I always faced myself.  

It was my attachment to fear that froze me up...sure I could fight...sure I could run away, but did I have the ability to overcome the fear...to let go of whether I lived or died...to just flow with their movements and become one.  In studying Combat Tai Chi Chuan I found that when I let go of fear...the person could express themselves without me having to fight them, and without me getting hurt....

Our attachment to self, to ego, to identity is what causes suffering.  It is why we live in fear.  Anytime we can go,...and all there is really is change.  

"Just because you paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you" or also you too!   We run and fight, but what we are running and fighting from is inside us all....

There is a great african proverb that says "if you overcome the enemy within, then the enemy without can do you no harm"

Fear is what brings awareness, but letting go of fear brings mastery.....

Peace and Love 

Mr.Grey
Mr.Grey's picture
Random thoughts

First,  Thanks for letting me part of this community and my thanks to TF for creating this cyber town hall!  Dr. Durden, I'm 200 miles west of you, I lived on 23rd and grand when I went to the U.  

Silveralchemist thanks for starting this thread it makes one think!  I think we are not far apart in what we believe but due to our life experiences  choose to describe it differently.

You say we need to let go of ego to become free!  What is ego?  Freud described it as the concious mind, later it was described as the adult state in PAC.  Id, ego, super-ego, Parent, adult, child are valuable in that they allow one to identify a general area of disfunction in ones life.  The Id or child state says I Want!  The Super-ego or Parent state says I Should and the Ego or Adult state says I Will.  Left to its own devices the Id or child wants everything in the world that gives pleasure, it has no concience and could care less how it impacts others.  This wild child is modified by both of the other states.  Our prisons are full of persons whose behavior is governed by the Id.  The Super-ego or Parent state is in charge of assigning guilt to behavior and implying the need for punishment but also provides a sense of emotional safety.  A personality that is super-ego driven more often than not presents itself as  "sanctimonious asshole."  This brings us to the Ego or Adult driven life.  On the surface it would seem logical to put the adult in charge and let all decisions be made with logic and current assessment of the world around you.  Unfortunately we are 3 sided beings.  It becomes the duty of the Ego to find a balance that leads to harmony with self and the world around you. Not an easy task!  

A lyric from a Bob Dylan song says "Your mind is your temple keep it beautiful and free, don't let an egg get layed in there by something you can't see!"  Our belief system is under siege constantly, wouldn't you really rather have a buick, Bush is the antichrist, Obama is an illegal kenyan, it's alright to murder your neighbor if you think they are terrorists( We came, We saw, He died), We need a Republican to fix this mess, We need a Democrat to fix this mess.  We all see things or hear things and then say I believe  but when was the last time you asked why do I believe this?  I have a Belief/value system, it is in a constant state of change as information is added.  If I violate that which I value I feel guilt and I will choose to punish me, if someone or something violates my values I feel fear (fight or flight)  both violations are often exibited as anger.  Fear/guilt are the feelings, Anger is the expression of those feelings.  Now back to real fear or imagined fear, as an example I will use snakes.  My first response to snakes is fear.  The child within is terrified and locked into the fear.  The Parent within says stay away from places that have snakes, you had no business being there. Stay out of the tall grass!  The Adult or ego within says " where you live you will find garter snakes but not Rattle snakes or a black mamba so you can go in the tall grass and play.

When it comes to controlling the sheep, The child or id is easiest to control with fear and entice with pleasure,  The Parent or super-ego tends to be rather ridgid and not open to new ideas but easily controlled in 2 generations of  reeducation.  Those who would control us fear the Ego or adult state because the only way to gain any control is with misinformation. 

To deny any of the parts that are man is to deny our humanity.  

If you find a rattlesnake, kill it, cut the head off and bury it, the body cleaned and cooked is delicious! 

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

westernthing
westernthing's picture
Hat Tips: 25
Nice thread Gentlemen

Helps me to "stay grounded" during the holidays. 

Mr. Grey, I love what you say but wonder? Is this the journey you describe, or end result you aspire too? I have been laboring under trying to balance the ego with non-existance (if this makes any sense). :)

silveralchemist
Yes, all parts must be embraced!

Awesome stuff...Mr grey....and yes it is good that we all have different perspectives as it helps us all...because I believe we each have a piece of the puzzle to share

I should have been more clear about what I meant by ego....my apologies...I was using it more in terms of your identity...not so much the freudian concepts...although they are interesting and useful to understand...

I tried for a long time to fight myself or battle the multi-freudian egos against one another...

That definitely doesnt work :-P   

I found out the real hard way...that all parts of us must come into harmony....the more we reject a part or suppress it, then the more it will exert force to stay alive...

So i really like what ur saying there...

So much of our identity or who we think we are...can get threatened by life circumstances and how we choose to label ourselves...many of these identities will fight for their survival through defense mechanism, but really in the end you can't stay the same, both biologically and mentally

The river of life is moving, and it is from our attachment to things and wanting them to be a certain way that causes suffering

I believe all aspects must be embraced...even the dying system we have today, and all of its nature.....the control, the greed, the power,....it is a part of everyone of us....and it is neither good nor bad....we have assigned those terms to it, but I believe all experiences will serve us in our growth. The more we try to make suppress it, then the collective ego will fight back for it...which is what is happening now...  

However, many of us are also coming to the understanding that you have laid out about embracing...so this time maybe different :-P

Also, there is another response to the snake that does not have fear attached to it at all....you can learn from the snake...its movements, and understand it deeper, and understand your fear deeper.....

It is said that Tai Chi was founded by watching a snake and crane fight :-)

Mr.Grey
Mr.Grey's picture
The journey

Westernthing:  It must be a journey because to have a preconceived end result would be like knowing the answer to a math problem but clueless as to how the answer was arrived at.  

When I was in high school the school newspaper did interviews with the seniors. One of the questions was what do you want most in life?  I'm sure I thought myself quite clever when I replied "to be happy."  When I look at that comment these many years later I realize that being happy was as improbable as going to the moon because I didn't know how.  In my last comment I stated that it was the task of the Adult/Ego to find the balance in life but in my case I was a dysfunctional adult.  The child within dominated my decisions and behavior.  Somewhere between 30-40 yrs old I found that I needed to grow up.  Obviously I didn't wake up one morning and think maybe I'll change me and become responsible.  One only changes when emotional pain is too great to remain where you are.

For a child to become a functioning adult he/she must experience positive reenforcement in four key areas. 1. Autonomy  2. Connectedness  3. Worthiness 4. Limits.  No wonder I felt empty and fake, I was trying to look confident, secure, successful and happy while sitting on a chair that had no legs.  I had to become my own parent!  The autonomous adult feels they can achieve what ever they set out to achieve because they were encouraged to try things, to share their thoughts and feelings and assured that the world around them was emotionally safe.  I had to put my arm around that little boy within and begin the journey together.  I put pictures of little mr. grey around the house and I began to talk to self about the fears and pain that the child had but didn't understand.  I was beginning to rebuild my belief system and I better than any human alive new why that child behaved as he did.  Connectedness, my parents had divorced when I was 2-3 yrs old and I was raised by my fathers parents.  My grandparents loved me but they didn't say it in words, my friends had parents but I only saw my father occasionally and father was just a word.  I knew I was different and unwanted.  As I mentored my child within I began to love him, I began to love me and as an adult no one had despised me more than me!  Worthiness, had I not found a way to begin to care for and love that child feeling worthy of good things love and respect would have been impossible.  Limits, there are limits set by others that adults have to live within and there is the ability to set limits for self.  There were no limits in my life, I want what I want and I want it now I don't care if this hurts you or is inconvenient, I don't care.  If I had not began to love me I would never have been able to love anyone else or seen the need to care.  I had always loved things and used people. I began to love people and use things.  Don't get me wrong I still did self-destructive things like buy a new car when I couldn't afford it, getting my happy fix from things.  When I began to have some growth in these four areas I began to be a functioning adult and then and only then did there start to be a balance in my whole life.  I am a work in progress and hopefully always will be.

You mention the holiday season and your struggle with non-existence.  When I lived my unexamined life, depression was often my companion.  I can remember going to the mall and seeing the people, I felt like I was from another world looking at an ant colony, they had things to do going here and there smiling, laughing, it made no sense. I was so alone.  If you are having some depression ask for help because you are a valuable human being.  Gibran in "the prophet" says if god feels you are worthy of your days and nights are you not then worthy of all life has to offer?  One thing that worked for me was when I would get depressed I would say to self  "Don't do anything incredibly stupid right now and this too shall pass!  Better days ahead my friend!

westernthing
westernthing's picture
Hat Tips: 25
Wow! Thanks for the answer

Wow! Thanks for the answer Mr. Grey. No depression.... but my 75 year old mother was staying with us for the holidays. Man that woman can talk!

Anyway, peace be to all of you here at turd's place!

I'll return to enjoying the silence of early morning....

Charles

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Let us stop Playing the fear game, and start Co-creating in our communities, and be the change!!!"