Dec 17 local coin dealer report

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Biochar
Biochar's picture
Hat Tips: 1060
Dec 17 local coin dealer report

I visit regularly to get a feel for the buying and selling action of Joe 6 pack. Dealer said they received 60 1 oz. Gold Maples on Wednesday, by 6PM Thursday they were gone.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
local coin dealer report

Local coin shop was out of CDN maple leaf gold and silver on Wednesday.

I was in their shop Wednesday afternoon and they only had two 99.999 coins and 1 99.9 coin.

Today, Saturday, they had a case of 10 but 5 were already sold.  I believe it was delivered yesterday (Friday).

I am aware of several people who ran into the store today to buy gold.  One guy bought several. I do not have that much money and therefore was unable to purchase.  It sucks to be short of cash just when you want it.

On the other hand, I observed several silver sellers to the store.  That store was happily buying silver rounds, ASE's, bars, and any other junk silver they could find. 

I also heard a few young ladies who were asking a young female sales clerk..."gee, what's that?"

Teenage sales clerk- "oh, that's a liberty walking"  

Teenage girls buying silver- "a what?" 

Teenage sales clerk - "a liberty walking...see she's walking and standing"

Teenage girls buying silver - "but what is it?"

Teenage sales clerk - "it's an old silver coin"

Teenage girls buying (or maybe not) - They look funny at the box of old quarters having no idea that they are currency.

LOL

I turn to my sales guy and said, "how much silver do you have from the US mint ASE's and/or Canadian maple leaf?"

My sales guy - as his hands are shaking and tremulous - "uh, sir, none...I'm sorry."

LOL

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Dec 17 local coin dealer report"