NDAA = End of American Freedom

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
NDAA = End of American Freedom

I voted for President Obama, and I have defended his decisions to friends and family for three years. No more. By refusing to veto the 2011 National Defense Authorization Act, Obama will be remembered by history as the President that allowed American freedom to be extinguished.

To quote a letter sent by forty members of Congress to the House Armed Services Committee leaders, “The Senate-passed version of the NDAA, S. 1867, contains Section 1031, which authorizes indefinite military detention of suspected terrorists without protecting U.S. citizens’ right to trial. We are deeply concerned that this provision could undermine the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth amendment rights of U.S. citizens who might be subjects of detention or prosecution by the military.”

In plain English, this law will grant the US Military the legal authority to arrest any American citizen, and hold him or her forever, without a trial or access to a lawyer, family members, or anyone else. We no longer have the RIGHT to be free, we only have PERMISSION to be free. And that is only as long as we are not accused of associating with any group guilty of “belligerent acts.” Today, a belligerent act is working for Al Qaeda. Next year, attending a Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street protest may be considered a belligerent act. In three years, writing an email criticizing the government could be a belligerent act.

In short, our elected leaders just shredded the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and two hundred years of American tradition. We now live in a country in which the military can make American citizens disappear in the dark of night, leaving their family and friends with no legal recourse. In plain truth, we now have no more rights than the people of Syria, China or Iran.

This is one of the few times in American history in which all thinking people – regardless of political stripe – are united in opposition to an action taken by our government. Here is an objection from the right and here is one from the left. Indeed, the rest of the world can hardly believe that this is happening.

Congress and the President have acted completely contrary to their sworn oaths to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” In fact, by crafting and supporting this bill, they have BECOME domestic enemies of the Constitution.

I voted for Obama, and I was wrong. But do you know who authored this treasonous atrocity? Our other most recent candidate the for Presidency, Senator John McCain. There can be no clearer illustration of the degree to which the government of the United States is now united in its opposition to the people of the United States.

Congratulations, Osama bin Laden, you won. The America you hated – the land of freedom, of opportunity, of equality – has been destroyed.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:02

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hat Tips: 985
Vote them ALL out

I'm angry, too.

Here's the link to who voted yes for this piece of "legislation":

Senate: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2011-218

House: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-932

Print the lists and save them for election day.

Be Prepared
Be Prepared's picture
Hat Tips: 22642
I will remember...

In every generation and in every life....there are days and moments in history when you remember when and where you were because the event is so catastrophic that you can't help but have it emblazoned upon your mind's eye.  I tremble with the great loss that this imbrues for, when the president signs this and sign this he will, we, the People, will truly become the enemy and America will no longer by the land of the free.  The sheeple stand asleep and they will only awaken when their lifetime UPC is tattooed upon their head...  I could make this a missive of a hundred pages long and it still wouldn't contain just how I feel about this Act.

Plan for Tomorrow, but Work your Plan Today

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
Didn't bother writing

Didn't bother writing Schumer and Gilibrand; Waste of time as they are commies through and through. I did, however, write Buerkle and called her out on it. I'm not happy at all.. and I won't vote for her again.

Citizen621
Citizen621's picture
Hat Tips: 241
@ Paladex

Regarding Obama, I was deceived as you were deceived.  But to be honest, the alternative would not have been better.

As of this act, we can all be locked up in camps with "Arbeit Macht Frei" on the gate.  The time to silently prepare is upon us.  Our government is controlled by an elite oligarchry.  If we as fellow Americans do not rise up and demand a government that represents the people, the debate between left and right becomes meaningless and the time of 2nd Amendment solutions will be upon us.  God help us all.

BlackHawk
BlackHawk's picture
Hat Tips: 3888
Paladex

I liked your comment so much I copied it to my facebook page. I hope you won't mind that I plagerized your work. I could not have said it so well.

Mr.Grey
Mr.Grey's picture
Hat Tips: 1058
Signed into law

So the head of the executive branch signed this into law!  The problem is that it is conflict with the constitution and cannot be made into a law of our land.  I would think that any representative or senator that lodged a vote of aye would have committed an act of treason against the country they were in service to.  It's possible that they would also fit a terrorist description and be detained without recourse to the law.  They say that for every Ying there is a Yang, I suspect both sides are heavily armed.

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

squib
squib's picture
Hat Tips: 600
Is there another side to this?

I need to understand why my intelligent friends (however they believe gov't does good for us, not ruled by PTB or EE etc.) feel this bill needed to be passed. I said to him similar to what was said here and added only dictators do this etc, and got the following response:

It would seem this should be the root of your concerns...it's been in place for over a decade:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

Before we all become Ron Paul supporters over this it’s important to consider a few points about what the NDAA is and why the provisions about detention were included as policy riders (essentially as a poison pill) tacked on to the thousand page bill.

The NDAA is a must pass bill. It is the bill which literally funds the military. That includes paychecks for our military veterans. That includes paying for equipment and gear for our service members abroad. That includes funding our intelligence agencies and contractors which actually do a lot of important work to help protect us from actual terrorists.

This means that if Obama does not pass the NDAA then soldiers can’t eat.

So why didn’t Obama just veto the crap? Well, if he vetoes the bill, which was passed with enough votes to override that veto, it becomes law anyway. There is a very solid point to be made that he should have vetoed the bill to make the political point that the detention provisions were unconstitutional and unacceptable. That said, again troops need food. Their families need paychecks.

So what else was in the NDAA besides authorization for the Treasury Department to pay our soldiers and authoritarian language about indefinite detention? Glad you asked.

Also, included in the NDAA for the very first time were provisions to address the horrific problem of sexual assault in the military. The NDAA that was just signed included allowances for a servicewoman who is raped to transfer to a new base as to not be forced to live and see her rapist every day. Before this NDAA she was forced to live on the same base.

Lastly, two important points. In this situation I see Obama with two choices: veto that crap and have troop pay delayed and the bill passes anyway because of the veto override. OR, sign it and issue a signing statement assuring everyone that your administration isn’t going to go full dictatorship and start locking up everyone until the end of time (obviously, it’s not the Obama administration that is the cause for concern but how future administrations use this power). Obama chose the latter.

Secondly, the detention provisions in the bill are unconstitutional (any readers we have who are lawyers might want to chime in here) and will more likely than not be challenged in court. Things like the 4th, 5th, 6th, oh and the 8th Amendment come to mind? Even a conservative Roberts Court will take issue with these provisions.

The most important point of all here is that President Obama doesn’t make laws. Congress makes laws. So if you want better laws that don’t clearly violate the constitution and infringe on civil liberties, we need a better Congress than the one that just essentially blackmailed our Constitutional Law professor President to sign a bill you just know he didn’t want to.

So, go friggin’ vote in November.

http://obamaachievements.org/list

I do not know how to respond to my friend, what he writes looks good and makes sense. I am trying to be non-biased.

Of course my mom agreed with my friend...how do I explain to her. As of now, I look like a 'wrong dummy' to my mom, and I should be more in-line with my friend...of course I find myself questioning myself, confused why we can't find common ground, why I can't explain to them.

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Response

So, I received a written response from my Congressman today. The form letter was absolutely laughable: in it, he stated that he is a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, and that's why he was a proponent of the NDAA. As though supporting the military had ANYTHING to do with the letter I wrote to him, excoriating him for taking a shit on the Constitution he swore to uphold and defend.

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hat Tips: 985
Carl Levin video proves Obama lied

This video is of Carl Levin who states that it was the Administration (Obama) that insisted on the 1031 provision language in the form that it was voted on in the Senate.

Obama's letter that he signed the NDAA regretfully, apologetically, what have you, with this language in it, is not even expressing the truth. He not only signed it with that language, but insisted it contain that language before it went to the Senate.

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
WAKE UP AMERICA

YES it is about time people wake up.

Obama is not a citizen of USA.  He definitely is NOT a Natural Born Citizen and all of Congress and Supreme Court knows this.  Obama has always wanted to destroy USA.  he hates America. Especially he hates White America and its Power.  

Obama was raised from age 2 in Muslim Indonesia.  He has no loyalty to America.  

The Federal Reserve has control of our economy because  it has absolute control over our money.  The Federal Reserve is a Foreign owned Bank.  The biggest SCAM in the world is the Federal Reserve System.  it is guaranteed to destroy America.  The federal reserve with all the money uses it to corrupt the entire Congress and Supreme Court.  it will pay any amount of money to gain total control of this country so it can destroy America.  

Watch the 2010 Best Documentary of the year  THE SECRET OF OZ.

Then watch the entire video series of the Economic destruction of Argentina by the new york banks and you will see exactly the same thing that is happening to USA that happened in Argentina.  You will know when you see the Supreme Court of Argentina vote against the country.

Our ONLY hope left is Ron Paul and a judge in GA who will review the situation.

http://www.thepostemail.com/2012/01/03/georgia-judge-denies-obamas-motion-to-dismiss-in-ballot-challenge/

This judge might put out a court order to not allow Obama on any ballot in all 50 states.  Then will the Supreme Court over ride the Constitution to put him on anyway?

Guaranteed. Obama believes in corruption of the ballot box.  Obama is raised a Marxist Communist.  He is so far Left that Russian Putin said Obama was too far Left.  

Our government is bankrupting every citizen of USA.  Everyone.  Bankrupting us all.  

in 1900 area women in sweat shops earned 2 ounces of gold per week.  that would be about $3000 per week with no real taxes on the money.  Unions saved these women so that now they earn maybe 2/10 per week or $300 which puts them into poverty today.  Today a PhD from the university many are in poverty.  We are broken by the force of money.  The ONLY rich one standing is the governement.  that is why they hate anyone who has any money.  they want to be the only one standing.  

When I got out of college in 1968 I was paid some 32 ounces of gold per month.  Today that would be unbelieveable.  That is because government robs us all quietly behind the scenes.  All the real wealth each person earns is taken away from them and given to the government to spend.  We are left to live in poverty.  The same happens in North Korea.  The government of N Korea takes all the wealth.  Our country does the same.  

I too was a Democrat all my life.  Except I woke up and know that the Democrats today are the biggest enemy of the people the biggest enemy of freedom.  the biggest enemy of USA.  They are the Marxist Communists.  Always more government always more taxes.  That was the Russia we fought against in the World War II.  They are now us.  They are Obama.  

I woke up just in time to vote against Obama in the last election.  God Help us All. 

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

Sockeye
Sockeye's picture
Hat Tips: 1234
More on Obama

More on Communist Obama 

http://marthatrowbridgeterribletruth.wordpress.com/

and for daily commentary

I am almost always wrong. But the fun in life is those few times when I am right.

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Sockeye,  nobody is more

Sockeye,  nobody is more disillusioned with Obama than I am, but the destruction of the Constitution has been very much a bipartisan effort. Do you really think the Republicans are any better? More to the point, what about the legions of unelected officials - judges, bureaucrats, agency administrators - who hold no office, stay in their positions of authority for life, and have the power to confiscate property, seize assets, separate children from parents, and imprison innocent people?

Beware of ideology: it leads to tunnel vision. The threats to our security and freedom are far, far greater than just one man.

― Mark Twain

Desert Fox
Desert Fox's picture
Hat Tips: 3567
Bipartisan indeed. Look how

Bipartisan indeed.

Look how Ron Paul is treated by his own party.

We all know Romney would vote for this Bill so why would we elect him.

We might only have this one chance left to help turn the tide of this great Nation and the path she is being steered down.

Ron Paul wouldn't vote for this crap and we as a Nation have to start supporting people who understand and protect The Constitution. The left and rights can argue over road funding but any of them who mess with The Constitution should be viewed as the traitors they are and appropriate actions should be implemented to remove them from representing citizens of this great Country.

The answers aren't that complicated. We have a document in place that easily can govern. Let's give it a chance and fight those who would have us believe otherwise.

Good thread and good thoughts by all.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "NDAA = End of American Freedom"