It was all a dream

96 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tyler
Tyler's picture
Hat Tips: 3174
It was all a dream

Let's use this as a place to discuss dreams.  They're fun and insightful...

Will post this again on tomorrow's thread as well as I would like to get it out to as many Turdites as possible.

I've spent the better half of this year wrestling with the idea of posting this information on the internet.  I have been hesitant because the information is incredibly personal to me, and also because I do not like the idea of instigating fear.  Due to a series of coincidences in the past few weeks, I think the time to post has come.  The final tipping point was this article posted in an earlier thread: http://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/2011/12/12/its-all-over-but-the-roun...

Before I begin, you should know that this is a sincere and honest post, and I hope you take the time to consider it.

Let's go....

Have you ever seen the movie Inception?  Are you familiar with lucid dreams?  For the past several years, on and off, I have had life-like lucid dreams that can most easily be described as similar to being in the movie Inception.  I typically use these dreams to have conversations with people I encounter.  I ask existential questions, but oftentimes ask question pertinent to my life - it seems that these questions are more readily answered.  I sometimes have fun and tell the people in my dreams that we are having a dream.  Upon being told this fact, some people start crying, some look at me as if I have three heads, and some calmly confirm that yes, we are dreaming.

I could spend quite a bit of time breaking down the details of these adventures, but today I will focus on one particular dream.

I will post the contents of the dream in regular font, and italics will indicate my commentary on the dream.

I am at a party in a dimly lit room in a house.  It might as well have been a library room.  I do not really know any of the other guests at the party, but we were all drawn to the party by mysterious circumstances.  Each person was summoned to the party by either clues and hints, or direct invitation from an unknown host.  One girl at the party told me she had received a list of library books she had to read before coming to the party.  A few others had been told to show up at an exact time and place.  At this time in my life I was feeling a little down on myself.  It felt like I was doing everything by myself, without receiving much outside guidance.  I thought that when the student is ready the teacher will appear?  Well, it didn't seem like a teacher was coming.  The circumstances by which I arrived at the party led me to realize that somewhere within me was the need to figure "it" out on my own.  I would not allow for the teacher I thought I wanted.  I was the teacher.

I felt a little better about this party, and it became clear that the purpose of this party was for each of us to figure out why we had been invited.  It started out as a fun game.  However, as time passed and we had not discovered the answer, the police would burst into the room, handcuff a member of the group, and brutally drag him/her away.  Now we were looking more at a murder mystery dinner party, but not the good kind.  This continues for several more rounds with members disappearing after each round.

In real life I am very cold as the window is open.  In the dream, I realize I am cold and can feel it.  I try to half wake-up enough to pull the blanket up.  I am half successful as I black out of the current dream and wake up in the back of a gray pickup truck.  I am wearing a helmet, and we are driving on the outskirts of a city.  I am still paranoid about the cops coming to take me away, so my head is on a swivel.  We turn down a road and head into the back country.  Eventually we pull into a farm area with a long road.  There are several barns nearby.  The grass is very long - at least waist high.  About 15 of us from the party are gathered in a clearing.  Not more than a few seconds pass before black SUVs begin to pull into the driveway.  I IMMEDIATELY realize that the government is here with the people they arrested earlier.  They are going to blame all of us for some event that we were not responsible for, and then they would CRUCIFY us.  These were the exact words that ran through my mind.  Yes, I do have a Christian background.  More analysis later.  I assume our group is on the same page, and I turn around and start sprinting through the grass and back to the street.  I can see two or three others running along side me.  To my dismay, I turn around and the rest of the group is still standing there, joined by more prisoners.  A siren blares and over the loudspeaker I hear, "OKAY, ROUND 'EM UP!"  (did you read that article?) 

I black out of this dream and wake up back on the city street with two of my escapee companions.  One girl says to me, "Wow!  What a crazy dream!"  I replied, "You know we're still dreaming, right?"  She gasped and said she couldn't believe it.  She walked away to go figure it out. 

At this point, I go into normal dream mode and try to find someone to talk to.  I find a hotel on the side of the street and enter.  It seems to be a smaller hotel, owned by an Asian family.  There is a restaurant area to the right, a reception desk to the left, and ahead a large staircase leading up to the 3rd floor perhaps.  It's a pretty big staircase.  I approach the reception area and a younger boy is behind the counter.  I ask him if he can tell me about my dream.  He runs upstairs, comes back down and tells me he can't help.  An adult male, also behind the counter, comes over and asks me to wait for a minute.  He quickly ascends the steps and returns.  He states, "The master will see you.  We didn't think he would because he has already spoken once this year - but he will see you."  What?!

Obviously, I follow him up the steps.  We turn right, and on the right side of the hallway is a bedroom.  Upon entering, there is a miniature bed about 2 feet long.  Laying on the bed is a miniature man with a long beard.  He looks like a sage, but he is hooked up to machine.  My impression at that time is that he is just hanging out in this body and the machine is keeping it going.  I hand him my dream, which has somehow magically been written down on a green sheet of paper.  The master holds the paper on his chest and starts hyperventilating.  Ingesting my dream via inhalation.  He then stands up out of bed, and turns into a normal sized human being.  He motions me to follow him to another room down the hall.

The room is just an empty room.  But the master summons holographic images before my eyes as if he is creating a movie.  It is a montage of clips - a Samurai-ish warrior in grotesque battle scenes against attacking enemies.  Very bloody and realistic.  The sword stood out - it seemed to be blessed with magical powers.  Somewhat immaturely, I was thinking about whether I would get a sword like that.

The master then halted the images and we were back in the empty room.  He turned to me and said...

"You have to fight and protect the people."

And then I woke up.  I'm not sure what you're thinking after reading this, but I had the biggest pit in my stomach I may have ever felt.  That was not the message I was hoping for.  It was 3 AM.  I immediately wrote everything down.  I could not go back to sleep.  For weeks and months after, I thought about the dream.  I tried rationalizing it as one does upon waking up - it becomes farther away.  Surely there must be some symbolism here!  No way should I interpret this literally!  The one thing that is certain is that this dream is not going away.

I'm working to find my answer.  My only message for right now is that this is something you need to take seriously.  As much as we're here to discuss PMs and making money, I think we may need to pull our heads out of our asses and look at the big picture.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
Dr Jerome
Dr Jerome's picture
Hat Tips: 38017
Thanks Tyler

This might turn into a very interesting thread!

caseret
caseret's picture
Hat Tips: 1263
@ Tyler

Good on you, mate.

Best regards.

Dare to be wise. (Horace)

Tyler
Tyler's picture
Follow Up

Dr Jerome.  Thanks for your in depth analysis located on the main thread.  I think you likely have many things correct.  My main takeaway is that there is a serious physical and spiritual danger at hand, and we need to be paying attention to it.

The following nights after this dream, I experienced a series of shorter lucid dreams.  In these dreams I was in a martial arts studio studying kung fu with a teacher.  He would move and adjust my hands and display various techniques.  It was a pretty fun learning experience.

In general, dreams should not be taken literally.  However, in the event of a lucid dream, when you ask a specific question - likely the answer is literal.  For example, during a time period when I was not feeling well, I asked someone in my dream and he told me I was eating too much of a particular food.  

When I first started lucid dreaming, I was curious as to whether I was always talking to "myself" when I was talking to a person in my dream (talking to another part of my consciousness).  Often, this is the case.  However, I do believe it is common for outside entities and even humans to participate in dreams.  On several occasions I have spoken with friends in dreams.  I usually ask, "Is it really you...or are you representing something?"  Every time it is a representation, as the next morning I have asked the friends and they have no recollection of the conversation.  

However, there have been a handful of special dreams that have made it clear to me that I have received help within dreams from an outside entity.  Let me first explain the way I think about lucid dreaming.

Consider playing a video or computer game - you have a "health" gauge telling you how much energy you have left.  In lucid dreaming, there are two separate bars.  One is called "Clarity" and the other is "Awareness".  A dream high in awareness and high in clarity is literally like being in waking life.  These are incredibly special, and this is the type of dream I posted at the top of the thread.  A dream high in awareness and low in clarity is characterized as visuals as if you are extremely inebriated.  Images are blurred and often fade to darkness.  However, at the same time, you are acutely aware you are dreaming, and may try to conjure up images before you.  A dream low in awareness and high in clarity is just a very clear normal dream.  You would wake up and think about how crystal clear the details looked, even though at the time you had no idea you were dreaming.

Outside help - in one dream I was experiencing low clarity and high awareness.  I could vaguely tell that I was flying about 7-10 feet off of the ground with a group of companions.  We were flying through a park towards a forest.  I sensed that my companions knew I was struggling.  The girl to my left grabbed my hand.  Immediately, my clarity bar skyrocketed and everything was crystal clear.  We were flying at night and the stars were bright.

I do not believe I had the capability to give myself a huge boost of energy like that.  Where would it have come from?

Because of my two gauge theory of lucid dreaming, I think anyone can do it.  You simply must fill up your clarity and awareness gauges to a sufficient point.  I experienced a huge increase in lucid dreaming when I started doing yoga, meditation, changed my diet, etc.  

It also helps to remind yourself during daytime that you are actually dreaming.  At this point you may not agree with this statement, but through my experiences, I have come to the conclusion that our daily life is simply a more solidified dream.  More on this next time...  

Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 39496
Tyler- just a question

Did you post the story of this dream here, or at the old blogspot site, some time ago when it happened?
I ask because I remember reading this story and the details in it, I think here but I am not sure. I have had some "vision" dreams like this over the past three years- never posted and mainly dismissed it as my tinfoil hat being on too tight. Now I am wondering... Thanks for posting this.

Tyler
Tyler's picture
Hi Pining

I may have posted a dream on the earlier site, but I'm pretty sure I have never typed this one up before.  I have them all written down in notebooks from the past few years.

HeNateMe
HeNateMe's picture
Hat Tips: 2734
Daytime Dreams

Tyler,

I too believe we are dreaming in our waking life.  The Dream of the One Mind, actually.  That everything in reality is I.  The only problem is that I have only fleeting experiences with realizing I am dreaming in waking life.  I am sure if I dropped some Acid I would have a better (maybe not) experience of it.  :)

Anyway, I'd like to hear more about what you (I) believe waking life is.

HeNateMe

Last Rebel
Last Rebel's picture
Hat Tips: 1646
Hi Tyler, Hope everyone

Hi Tyler,

Hope everyone participates here, this could be very enlightening. Lately I've been having more dreams. Some are fairly clear and others fade as you wake. I'm of the mindset that something very evil is coming, in fact I think it's already here but has not fully manifested itself yet. I live on 7 acres, nearest neighbor about 150 yards away. Lots of birds, squirrels, deer, etc. Have about a 2000 sq ft garden I'm constantly working on to improve. Couple months ago I was out there w/ all the animal noises and my vision seemed to enhance quite remarkably. Then all noises, wind, everything stopped. It was stone cold silent. I quickly started back to the house and about 1/2 way there I heard a very distinct voice in normal tone say, "It's coming." Scared the hell out of me. Since then have had several dreams, not real specific, involving chaos, fighting and running.

Something is happening and some of us are being told about it. We have to try and determine what our course should be thru the visions we receive. I just watched my 16 yr old daughter and her friend run to the car to go to class. Wonder what I might be watching her run from a year from now. Would love to hear what others have experienced as sometimes it seems the ol' noggin' is gonna bust but no one else seems to notice.

Last Rebel
Last Rebel's picture
Hi Tyler, Hope everyone

Hi Tyler,

Hope everyone participates here, this could be very enlightening. Lately I've been having more dreams. Some are fairly clear and others fade as you wake. I'm of the mindset that something very evil is coming, in fact I think it's already here but has not fully manifested itself yet. I live on 7 acres, nearest neighbor about 150 yards away. Lots of birds, squirrels, deer, etc. Have about a 2000 sq ft garden I'm constantly working on to improve. Couple months ago I was out there w/ all the animal noises and my vision seemed to enhance quite remarkably. Then all noises, wind, everything stopped. It was stone cold silent. I quickly started back to the house and about 1/2 way there I heard a very distinct voice in normal tone say, "It's coming." Scared the hell out of me. Since then have had several dreams, not real specific, involving chaos, fighting and running.

Something is happening and some of us are being told about it. We have to try and determine what our course should be thru the visions we receive. I just watched my 16 yr old daughter and her friend run to the car to go to class. Wonder what I might be watching her run from a year from now. Would love to hear what others have experienced as sometimes it seems the ol' noggin' is gonna bust but no one else seems to notice.

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Thank you for sharing your

Thank you for sharing your personal experiences, Tyler.

First with the Patriot Act, and now with the 2011 National Defense Authorization Act, it has become blindingly obvious that the American Government has declared war on the American People. Far from defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, our elected leaders have BECOME our enemies.

Thanks to the NDAA, we no longer have the right to freedom. We are free only so long as the powers-that-be don't consider us to be associated with a "terrorist" group. Today Al Qaeda, tomorrow the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street.

They are treating us like terrorists, because they expect us to become terrorists. Don't let the "cognoscenti" crowd fool you. People aren't asleep. Everyone knows what's coming. It's just easier to live under tyranny than to oppose it.

The day may come, sooner than we would like to believe, that Tyler and the rest of us will "have to fight and protect the people."

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

Tyler
Tyler's picture
wow

"It's coming" wow!  I haven't had any experiences quite that like while waking.  I will say though that sometimes when I'm awake, I have to stop and verify I am awake - because it feels like a dream. 

I think this is a side effect of my dreams becoming more life like and life becoming almost unreal!

Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 39496
For what it's worth

- and it may not be worth much, but here it is.  I usually have blurry dreams- fragmented, bit and parts of a story then shifting into something else,  basically nothing more than I would expect from random 'brain farts' from my sleeping mind. 

But maybe 6 times in my life, I have had clear, specific dreams of something that hasn't happened yet, only to see it happen later in real life. Dreams of a specific future that I then actually live.  4 of these were nothing more than a 'slice of normal life' thing, and I actually had one happen last month.  I dreamed very clearly about standing in my kitchen, my wife was talking about some volunteer work that she does, then my daughter came in and said "x", then I dropped the carrots I was slicing onto the floor, and stopped myself from cursing in front of my girl.  VERY boring stuff, yet it happened in real life, exactly as I dreamed, a couple of weeks ago.  When this happens, I feel very, very strange- I tend to question whether I really dreamed it or not, but if I am honest with myself I have to admit that yes, I did dream this exact thing, well before it actually happened.  

However, the other two dreams like this that I have had in my life involved the things talked about on this thread.  About 10 years ago I had a very specific dream of seeing a wrecked, abandoned city- very post apocalyptic.  I was standing on a street corner and all the windows were broken, garbage on the streets, no electricity, no life.  Nothing was blown up, no buildings fallen over,  it was all just abandoned- nobody anywhere.  There was  this late-19th century storefront with one of those angled bay windows surrounded by columns that I was looking at across the street- wrecked, destroyed.  Very powerful image.

Less than a year later I went to Seattle to visit family, and they wanted to walk me around and show me the downtown, do some Christmas shopping.  It was about this time of year and we were just wandering, enjoying being part of the holiday crowd.  They started looking at something in a window I wasn't interested in so I wandered towards the street, just looking around.  When I saw it was the exact same street-  corners, building, even the 19-century store front.  I had never seen this place in my life yet I had dreamed the exact place in detail- except I saw it "after".  I had dreamed what it will look like, when the cords or energy and technology binding our civilization break.  Hairs stood up on my arms, it really affected me.  Now obviously this hasn't come true, but the lesson I took was to never, ever live in a city.  I have had multiple opportunities to do so since then, some that would have advanced my career considerably-  but I won't do it.  It convinced me that cities are fictitious creations, illusions based on an intricate yet deeply unstable complexity.

The final such dream I've had has not yet happened in real life.  In it, I am living in my place now in a rural countryside (where I have only lived now for about a year ).  In the dream a family of exhausted refugees is trudging along the road and I can see that the father has the wife and kids wait at the street while he comes up our long driveway.  I know what business he is about.  I let him get halfway and shout to him firmly "Don't come any farther.  Stay there".  I disappear and come back with a plastic shopping bag- it is filled with some bottles of fresh well-water,  that I put inside screw-top plastic soda bottles (coke).  There are some hard-boiled eggs, a few scrawny veggies from my garden, and a zip-lock bag of dry white rice.  "This is for you" I say, handing him the bag. "Now keep moving".  He looks at my sidearm, thanks me, and turns to go. 

Most powerful freaking dream I had had in years.  I don't think this one is brain farts. 

Mudsharkbytes
Mudsharkbytes's picture
Hat Tips: 8519
Mugwort

Mugwort is a common weed.  Sometimes called "travelers herb" because if you put a piece of it in your shoe it will soothe you feet and, not surprisingly, it is often found growing by the side of roads.

ipm1007mugwort01.jpg

You can smoke it when dried if you like.  It won't get you 'high' but it tastes pleasant.

In the form of tea it relieves menstrual cramps.

It was originally used to flavor beer before the discovery and widespread use of hops, hence the 'wort in your mug', i.e., mugwort (when you pitch the hops in beer, it's called 'pitching the wort').

However, it's greatest benefits are metaphysical ones - specifically, it will dramatically increase the lucidity of your dreams..  All you need to do for this is merely take a stem or two and place them by the head of your bed, then go to sleep.

I can testify from personal use it works.  I have a stand of mugwort in my backyard and periodically pinch off a stem or two and put it by the head of my bed.  Without fail my dreams will be much more vivid and I will remember them in much greater detail upon waking.

More detail about it here:

http://www.altnature.com/thegarden/Mugwort.html

Incidentally, I believe individuality is an illusion.

question
question's picture
Hat Tips: 3271
Thanks

for linking this thread from main street.

Learn to behave

Dr Jerome
Dr Jerome's picture
dreaming or awake
Tyler,
The spiritual danger you mention is interesting. I suuppose that has to do with people losing their faith? Physical danger too?
I have only had a few lucid dreams in my life. they are very powerful. You have a gift to be having so many of them. I can agree about getting literal answers in a lucid dream. It seems like the conscious interaction on the part of the dreamer is what lets the dream communicate directly and literally. I also agree with you that we can increase our incidence of lucid dreaming by taking it seriously and seeking it. Hmmmm... seems that a wise man once said something about seeking and finding.  I like your two guage theory.
I have not been pressing into my dreams much lately. The cares of the world and stress have been choking out my spiritual awareness lately. You are inspiring me here to take my dreams more seriously again. I'll try to hang around here a bit every day. My wife is interested in this thread also. 
"Freely you have received, freely give." 
I try to give what I have to this community, which tends to be less about how to make money trading metals and more connected to issues of persuasion. But I have been given some modest ability in interpreting dreams, so I'll let that go out as well. School is almost out and I will have some time the next few weeks to be more involved around here.
Dreaming or awake?... now your icon makes more sense to me.

Something is coming!  This thread may tip the scales in my mind to make the decision to get my family out into the countryside--further from town the better. The actions of our government, the military, and the wealthy elite are aligning with the conspiracy theorists, finally. and now this dim future is being warned and confirmed in dreams (Tyler, Pining) and angelic visitations (Last Rebel).
I just got a chill...
(I keep editing this post, sorry)
What deeply troubles me is the severe deterioration in ethics in this nation. I see it in my college students every year. I cannot tell you how many times this precise statement has been penned in an essay I require students to write about ethics:  "I think every person should decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong!" 
We are mutating into a society where law enforcement is broken, where the military can declare you a domestic terrorist and whisk you away, and where over half our young people will have no qualms about taking your food and other stuff for their own survival...
Tyler
Tyler's picture
The two biggest obstacles to lucid dreaming

The two biggest obstacles to lucid dreaming are stress and fear in waking life.  They cannot help but spill over into your dreams.

You know the dream where you're being chased?  It's SO scary and you're running for your life.  Sometimes you're running in slow motion, which makes it even more terrifying.  Of course you know this dream, they happen to everyone.

However, if you can find ways to reduce stress and address your fears in waking life, you can turn a dream scenario like this into a wonderful opportunity for lucid dreaming.  Dreams like this now serve as a "trigger" for me to realize I am dreaming.

In one dream, I am in a suburban area late at night.  It's not the best neighborhood, and there are few street lights.  The street in front of me is on a slight incline, and at the top of the hill is a black van.  The van starts roaring towards me, and my initial instinct is to turn and start running.  But, since my tendency in waking life has been to analyze this type of feeling instead of letting fear take me over, I stop in the dream to consider why I am afraid.  This thought triggers my realization that I am dreaming, and POOF! I'm now in a lucid dream.  I start chasing after the car!  I track it down and it pulls over.  Inside is a group of younger people - one of them I knew a few years back.  I get in the car with them and we begin driving toward a body of water and over a bridge.  I start asking questions to try and find out where we're going and in general what is happening.  The waves on the water are coming up very high - like a massive storm is approaching but has not quite arrived.  I wake up before we cross the bridge.

I would encourage anyone who is interested in dreaming to remain as calm and rational as possible in waking life.  This is incredibly difficult to do when reading ZH all day or tracking the corruption in our country.  I sometimes wonder if that is half the point of all these shenanigans.  To build frustration, stress, fear - to close us off from our natural intuition and keep us confused.

On to Pining's post above.  Consider the implications of having a dream that predicts the future.  Does this mean that all future events are already set in stone?  That we follow our destiny and are under the illusion of having personal choice?  As I sit at my computer, I have the sensation of personal choice.  I could slap myself in the face suddenly.  Or was it already meant to be this way?  I'm not sure I have an answer to that question.  The concept of time boggles my brain every day.

I have never used mugwort or any other substance for lucid dreaming.  I would very much like to get my hands on some as it sounds pretty cool.  Here are a few tips on things that have worked for me though

- If you happen across a mirror in your dream, take a look at your face.  This has triggered me to realize I am dreaming on multiple occasions.  Also, sometimes in my dreams I'm unsure if I'm awake or dreaming.  Looking in the mirror will clear any doubt in your mind one way or the other.

- Look at your hands.  Can have a similar effect to looking in a mirror as presumably you are familiar with your hands.

- Once in a lucid dream, your gauges will start to empty.  Vision might get blurry, or you could lose awareness and forget you are dreaming - even though you knew before.  Spin in a circle in your dream!  I have done this on multiple occasions to increase the length of my awareness and continue a dream that was fading...

Dr. Jerome, I enjoy reading your dream interpretations.  I'll see if I can read through some of my old dream journals this weekend and post a few good ones.

Last Rebel
Last Rebel's picture
Edit away Dr. J,Enjoy your

Edit away Dr. J,

Enjoy your insights. You are correct about the decay in this nation and it seems to be accelerating.

Dr Jerome
Dr Jerome's picture
Tyler's Dream

I thought I'd copy my interpretation of Tyler's dream over here for anyone who stumbles in at a later date. After several days of reflection, I am concerned I am downplaying the likelihood of physical danger in this interp ...

The party is this (and other) internet sites where we spend our time interacting with others. Summoned? Perhaps none of us here came by chance. Reading list? We all had to get some education (must read books and articles) about economic reality (the red pill) to grasp the stream of conversation here. 
I think many of us feel ike we are alone and struggle with negativity in real life.
We are all becoming teachers.
As time passes here, the situation in the world seems to deteriorates but we have few clear answers on what to do next, but we know there is a purpose. The police represent the old paradigm, the old way of thinking. Some of us have given up and tried to go back to life before our economic education and have left the "party." Especially after the disheartening metals smackdowns.
Back of a truck: you are headed somewhere but not in control. The helmet represents beliefs that are protecting your mind. But you end up in a new place that seems like a refuge, but it is not safe. Some people recognize it but most do not. The farm represents the provision and  bounty that we hope our metals will provide, but someone else is driving the truck--perhaps the EE who controls the prices currently. Just having metals and thinking you are safe may be insufficient. Many here are preparing in multiple ways--fleeing the round up. Perhaps the round up represents a confiscation event.
Girl on the street: The dream itself is a metaphor for this virtual world where we spend so much time. We are in a sense dreaming as we return to this blog community and interract. The relationships here are real, but not tangible.
The hotel is a place where people temporarily reside (this world?). You are still seeking a teacher to explain it all. The miniature master hooked up to a machine. Hooked up online to a computer? Minature because we only see words and small images of those who teach us? Inhaling the dream... we take in spiritual messages spiritually. "Spirit" means breath. those reading the dream and this and other interpretations will just "get it." It is spiritual, metaphysical. Something resonates withing and you know you have grasped the meaning.  He really is a normal sized person when he stands up. We alre all normal people who interract here. The beard is a symbol of his experience and wisdom.
"You have to fight and protect the people."   Here is the key even in the dream. I think this one is literal.
The holographic battle symbolizes a serious "war" in the minds and hearts of people. The sword is truth --understanding and knowledge of what is really going on. We all feel immature when we are in a new realm and consider taking up a tool of that realm for the first time.  Yes, you have the sword as do many of us. You, and the rest of us have a responsibility to use the truth we have to lead the struggle against what is happening to our world. 

Central message: I believe your dream illuminates the nature of where we all are--a community that is learning and must  realize that things are getting serious, people are in danger, and that we  must all reach out, take the sword, and help educate our friends, family and neighbors to help them survive what is coming. It will be serious--hence the strong reaction you have to it.
Tyler
Tyler's picture
Physical Danger

Dr. J, I would also like to re-emphasize that I woke up from that dream with such a pit in my stomach because of the physical danger aspect of it.  For several years I have been well aware of the corruption, attack on our ethics, morals, way of life.  This is not what the dream felt like.  It was about physical rounding up of people and crucifixion (perhaps combining the physical and spiritual aspects).  And if I had any confusion about that, the vision at the end of the dream was vividly bloody and detailed.  I woke up and felt that, "things were going to get real".

Tyler
Tyler's picture
End of the Year Review

I’ve been thinking about whether I should only post dreams pertaining to a direct need for preparation, like the one I originally posted, or whether it would be useful to post any lucid dreams that have been very meaningful to me.  I think there is value and perhaps entertainment in posting more dreams, and I hope readers can pick up tips along the way if they are interested in taking dreaming more seriously.

This particular dream occurred on the afternoon of 12/31/2009.  I took a nap during the middle of the day, and ended up having a dream where I was tested on my comprehension of that year’s “learning”. 

Dream is in regular font, italics are for explanatory comments.

I was walking down a suburban street on a sunny Fall day.  The end of the Fall as many of the trees were already missing leaves.  I was not lucid, and was simply enjoying myself.  It suddenly occurred to me that I had no idea where I was going, and I was actually lost.  A few houses ahead on the left, an older gentleman was sweeping off his front porch and clearing off his yard.  I stopped and said to him, “If I help you clean your yard, do you think you could give me directions?”

As soon as I said those words, I realized I was dreaming.  As per usual, I started in with the questions and asked him, “Can you tell me about the higher-self?” This year I had been reading quite a bit of work on Sacred Geometry by Drunvalo Melchizedek as well as other topics including alchemy, astrology, energy systems.  One topic led to another.  I thought of the higher self as a part of my sovereign self that was more connected to Spirit.  Although the connection between self and higher-self is there, it is not usually a conscious one.  The man on the porch became incredibly animated and excited.  This was exactly what he wanted to talk about!  He corrected my terminology, however, and instead of higher-self called it something else.  I can’t remember the phrase he used. 

He showed me into his home and we sat down in the kitchen.  There were two teenage girls sitting across me at the table, both with dark hair.  The one sitting directly across from me took out a scroll and began to draw a map of sorts.  It looked like a spider-web, and I had the impression it involved my path up to that point and a little of my path going forward.  The other girl to the left quickly grabbed the map before I could take a closer look.  She inspected it and almost seemed jealous or unhappy about what the other girl created.  The first girl seemed to be unable to speak, or chose not to speak.  She did not contest the angry words from the other girl.  I just sat there observing, and it seemed as if I passed the test as I drifted off into blackness…

When I came to I was on top of a hill/mountain.  It was very beautiful, with trees and grass everywhere.  I was sitting with the nice girl from before.  Below us, a battle was raging.  It seemed as if I was on another planet, because the two warring factions were not human and were rather animal-like.  One species could have been based off of the rhino, and the other closer to a bear.  The girl showed me another scroll.  This one also had a coil wrapped around it for extra protection.  Perhaps a coil of shiny metal.  She unrolled the scroll to reveal a picture of one of the species fighting below.  She didn’t say anything, but telepathically I knew she was asking me what this scroll was – as a test.  I explained that it was possible to make a scroll and put a picture of the enemy on it.  One could then write on the scroll or use a spoken mantra as a weapon against the enemy or as protection from the enemy.  She was very pleased with this explanation.  I drifted into blackness once more…

As my vision reappeared, I was in a casino.  Luckily even though I was coming in and out of different dreams from a visual perspective, I was somehow managed to maintain lucidity.  It is much more common during this transition to lose lucidity, or at least question it such that when the new dream begins, I waste time trying to figure out if I’m dreaming or not. Back to the casino.  I saw a few friends on slot machines goofing around, but I was still very focused and didn’t stop to talk to them.  I wandered out toward the front of the casino.  There was a party happening here, and I mentioned to one guest that we were dreaming.  She looked really confused, and I walked away as not to waste my time.  By now I was at the entrance to the casino – a very luxurious area.  A long white limo pulled up to the front, and as I approached it, an older man dressed in white, with a long white beard, long white hair, and sunglasses (seriously?) exited the vehicle.  He looked like he was having a great time.  I started some small-talk with him.  He stopped me and asked, “Do you want more responsibility?”  Now, I had just finished reading a book about Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet.  In this book Edgar states that in order to continue to receive messages in dreams, you MUST incorporate the information into action in your daily life.  To me, responsibility translated into the willingness to carry out action.  I replied, “Yes, I do want more responsibility”.  He smiled and got back in the car.  As the limo pulled away, pieces of paper flew up in the air as if it were confetti.  As they gently rained down around me, one floated into my hand.  On that piece of paper was written the name of a friend as well as an address.  I then woke up, and wrote everything down.

A week later I saw this friend.  Without any prompting, she told me that she thought I should partake in a yoga teacher training certification course.  Of course, I completed the program as promised.  As with anything else, this was merely another step in the right direction.  It became clear to me that each of our lives is an adventure, meant to be lived as your own personal action/comedy/mystery story.

I would hazard a guess that each of you can feel a sense of surreal creeping into your lives.  Are you writing the story?  Maybe you created it, then forgot all about it so you could live it out…more on that next time.   

Tyler
Tyler's picture
Italics

Formatting - sorry if the above post is confusing - the forum section wants to turn everything into italics, so there is no distinction between my dream and my commentary.  Will try to figure out a better system next time.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "It was all a dream"