TF Metals Report Login

By logging in to this website, you agree to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Barak: Iran is testing uranium- and plutonium-based bombs – not tactical arms

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321

DEBKAfile Special Report November 17, 2011, 11:21 AM (GMT+02:00)

Charlie_Rose_barak_16.11.11.jpg
Israel's Defense Minister Ehud Barak

Defense Minister Ehud Barak told the PBS interviewer Charlie Rose Wednesday, Nov. 16 that none of the experiments Iran was conducting was based on a neutron source. "It's always simultaneous explosions on heavy metals and certain other activities which cannot be explained," he said.

DEBKAfile's military sources note his stress on the lack of evidence that Iran was trying to develop tactical neutron bombs. Tehran, he said, was experimenting with uranium- and plutonium- based explosives, meaning large nuclear bombs rather than small, tactical warheads.

Barak slammed former IAEA director Dr. Mohammed ElBaradei, who is now running for election as Egyptian president, accusing him of concealing the truth about Iran's nuclear development. He praised the incumbent director, Yukiya Amano, for leveling on what his experts had found.

Barak offered the opinion that if the late Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi had not relinquished his nuclear program in 2003 but attained a nuclear bomb instead, the March 2011 NATO operation against him would not have been ordered either by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi or British Prime Minister David Cameron.
As to Iraq's Saddam Hussain: Had he possessed "a few crude nuclear devices when he invaded Kuwait in 1990," said Barak, the US-led coalition could not have pushed him out of the emirate in the first Gulf War.
In the interview, Barak warned that a nuclear-armed Iran would touch off a Middle East nuclear arms race drawing in Egypt and less responsible regimes headed by the Muslim Brotherhood.

"You could wake up one morning," he said, "to find Iran had occupied Bahrain or Qatar. Who then would come and liberate them?"

Barak declined to answer questions about the feasibility of totally destroying the Iranian nuclear program.

He also offered no opinion on the view that a military operation against Iran would gain no more than a three-year breathing space before Tehran rebuilt its nuclear weapons program, a view recently articulated by US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

He was far from optimistic about international sanctions stopping Iran in its nuclear tracks.

The defense minister went on to warmly praised President Barack Obama and his administration's commitment to Israel's security and said "Under this administration we have advanced still further into a clear, deep, deep commitment to the security of Israel and beyond."

He also praised the administration's policy of combating terrorism, such as the targeting of Osama bin Laden.
Wednesday night, debkafile reported: A short statement was read out to the Knesset (Israel's parliament by cabinet member Michael Eitan Wednesday afternoon, Nov. 16. It read: "Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu informed the full Knesset plenum that all options are on the table when it comes to Iran's nuclear program. The prime minister and the authorized bodies are acting to stop the nuclear armament of Iran. The efforts are ongoing and we will do everything possible to enlist states in the international community, "he continued "because the Iranian threat is adanger not only to the State of Israel but to world peace."

The Knesset was due to devote a special session to the question of an attack on Iran.

debkafile's military sources report that this is the first statement of this nature the prime minister has ever delivered to Israel's parliament. It was phrased notably in the present tense. "The authorized bodies" are thought to refer to the Israeli Defense Forces and its intelligence community.

Also worth noting is that Netanyahu sent a minister to read out his message. He himself absent from this key debate and so was the defense minister. For the first time too, there was no reference to sanctions which have figured hitherto in all Israeli official statements on the Iranian nuclear controversy.

The implication is that an operation against a nuclear Iran may be in the works. If so, a response from Tehran is to be expected shortly.
Earlier Wednesday, the supreme commander of Iran's armed forces Gen. Hassan Firouz-Abadi said Israel's cries of alarm about Iran's nuclear development bespeak shock and fear. But nothing will save the Zionist regime from its bitter fate – a hint at Iran's nuclear capability.
Firouz-Abadi said the massive explosion which killed Iran's missile chief Saturday "had nothing to do with Israel or America." It took place during "research on weapons that could strike Israel," adding that the blast had delayed by only two weeks the development of an undisclosed military "product."

The two statements together aroused lively speculation in the tense climate left by the latest nuclear watchdog agency's evidence of Iran's work on a nuclear weapon. Linking them might suggest that the Israeli prime minister had decided to refute the Iranian general's claim. By stating that "efforts are ongoing" to stop Iran's nuclear armament, he may have been implying that the explosion at the Guards base Saturday was indeed a covert Israeli operation in line with those efforts.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:02

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Hat Tips: 800
Bombs - not tactical

Well, that makes all the difference, now, does it not?

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

DayStar
DayStar's picture
Hat Tips: 14112
DPH,This article

DPH,

This article (http://www.jcpa.org/JCPA/Templates/ShowPage.asp?DRIT=1&DBID=1&LNGID=1&TMID=111&FID=442&PID=0&IID=9990&TTL=Iran_Signals_Its_Readiness_for_a_Final_Confrontation) lists five reasons why a military attack on Iran now cannot be a viable option for Israel.  I would add that in all likelihood that the US would not support such an action and might even actively oppose it.  If Israel does attack, it will at best set Iran back 2 years on its nuclear program, and Iran will likely retaliate by destroying the Israeli Dimona nuclear reactor, not to mention what would happen to Ashdod, Tel Aviv or Haifa.  The likely next step in this deadly ballet is a sudden, unannounced attack by the combined forces of the Assyrian alliance including Jordan, Lebanon and Gaza.  The West has missed the window of opportunity on Iran.  An attack now that Iran's facilities are underground, dispersed and hardened would not be worth the trouble, and it would likely cost Israel a large portion of its air force and high casualties for its elite commando assault groups  for very limited results. 

DayStar

¤
¤'s picture
DayStar / I can't argue any of that

I think no matter what, at some point Israel attacks Iran or visa versa. It's inevitable and a stated goal of Iran. Maybe Israel has it in for them also from long ago. Idk.

Israel either acts or reacts. I'm hoping neither but that would be very naive to think possible.

This doesn't end well and it spills over into the United States. That's what I think.

In my mind, there is a high  probability that there is  some Iranian agent or agents who are on standby here or on standby in Mexico somewhere if hostilities break out. Iran has one chance to get a shot in somewhere while it can. I think they take the shot.

I have no way to know this so I can only guess about that explosion recently in Iran. I think it was a detonation of some sort by Iran of some type of weapon and they used a supposed IRG base or area as a means or excuse to claim otherwise as a accident.

Stay tuned.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and humility over 3 1/2 years ago. Once a pumper, always a pumper!

diegeiro
diegeiro's picture
Hat Tips: 1244
@daystar

I appreciate your posts Day Star and I hope you continue. You've been adding some great input into the discussion.

I agree with you on Iran. Don't have time to document why, because I have to run.  Just wanted to let you know that I hope you continue to post. I would say welcome, but you have been around for a while, but I will say it anyway, welcome to the discussion!

"The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are." CS Lewis

Ganja Jane
Ganja Jane's picture
Hat Tips: 553
The psyops is strong in this one.

Who Do they think they are fooling?

Israel has nukes; Iran? I doubt it. Just another example of American Hypocrisy...O0oops...I mean 'American Exceptionalism' in action.

Israel, one of Rothschild's useful idiots like the US, will nuke Iran and another middle eastern state loses sovereignty to the banking cartel; Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be replaced by a puppet leader from any one of their schools of thievery: IMF, Goldman Sachs,...

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/11/17/3090352/house-leadership-to-obama-sanction-irans-central-bank

"La cucaracha, la cucaracha, Ya no quieres caminar, Porque no tienes, Porque le falta, Marihuana que fumar."

¤
¤'s picture
Psy-ops

Israel probably has nukes for sure. No question in my mind.

Does Iran? Maybe so. I think they do. Just not many and maybe not very large.

I find it hard to believe that they didn't get ahold of something some where along the way  in the international weapons black market when the former Soviet republic split up and things were for sale. It's been pretty well documented that many things were for sale and went missing.

I think Iran has been pretty vocal on the world stage for a reason and is emboldened because they have a surprise in store even if it's a crude or small one. That's all they need.

I'm not picking any sides when I post this stuff, just so everyone knows. It's a source of military-like information. Like TF has said just recently, Debka.com is a very  pro-Israeli slanted site for sure. Possibly Mossad or IDF inspired. Maybe not.

If anyone can find a pro -Iranian or whatever website and can post things of a similar nature  from the other view point, I encourage it.

This situation is not going away. Go over to my 24/7 vid thread in the frivolity forum and I have some vids on Prez. Imanuttjob and the 12th Caliphate etc. and you'll realize this is some seriously scary shit he believes in as destiny.

Ganja Jane
Ganja Jane's picture
Hat Tips: 553
'Psyops'

I suspect he might be infected with the same 'NutJob' bug Gaddafi was accused of having. The Zionists? Batshit insane. Is the US concerned about Israeli nukes? Not that I have seen. I doubt Iran does have them... the Banking cartel of The City of London has a tight control over this information. If Iran does, the US-on it's own or thru UN- has no authority to disarm or attack. Given the shit going down in Iran's neighboring countries, I wouldn't be completely surprised to learn they were exploring the idea or had started one.  I doubt it tho'.

This guy is good at sharing info about the middle east even tho' his rants are sometimes "jonesy" in delivery...

http://www.youtube.com/user/108morris108

Interesting commentary about the middle eastern 'conflicts' from a Islamic scholar:

"La cucaracha, la cucaracha, Ya no quieres caminar, Porque no tienes, Porque le falta, Marihuana que fumar."

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Barak: Iran is testing uranium- and plutonium-based bombs – not tactical arms"
Lk 12: 22-34
randomness

Sent private chat request

Please wait for the user to accept or decline

Private chat request

USERis requesting an private chat with you.

Please accept or decline.