Gerald Celente gets margin call. Did Bill Fleckenstein get one too

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
donpaulo
donpaulo's picture
Hat Tips: 3413
Gerald Celente gets margin call. Did Bill Fleckenstein get one too

I got home today to watch Gerald on his you tube channel admit his futures trading account got a margin call today, so there is confirmation on that.

but over at ZH the bears link mentioned Fleckenstein got a call too. Can anyone confirm this ?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:02
Dr G
Dr G's picture
Hat Tips: 17890
Hadn't heard this, gotta

Hadn't heard this, gotta watch the Celente video. Off to do some research...thanks.

WillieTheKid
WillieTheKid's picture
Hat Tips: 3
I don't know if you know the

I don't know if you know the whole story.  Celente had an account with Lind-Waldock (aka MF Global).  He got a margin call because of the bankruptcy of MF Global (which has been in the news a lot lately, and there is a separate thread on this board about the debacle).  Anyway, he had positions, and the trustee of the bankruptcy sent all open positions to another firm, but kept some of the margin money at MF global.  This caused Celente and hundreds of other MF Global customers to go into immediate margin call.

I also had an account with MF Global  and they took my money, too.  But since I didn't have any positions (I was 100% cash in my account), I didn't get the transfer of position stuff and the immediate margin call.

So, yes, technically, Celente got a margin call, but no it wasn't because he is poor, or a foolish speculator.  He just got caught in something that is national news.

--Willie

WillieTheKid
WillieTheKid's picture
Hat Tips: 3
Oh, by the way, Celente

Oh, by the way, Celente described the whole thing very well in an interview with Jeff Rense (of rense.com fame).  The interview is a number of places on the internet, and although it is fairly long (about 1 hr) it is well worth listening to.

--Willie

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Gerald Celente gets margin call. Did Bill Fleckenstein get one too"