People at large suffering from Stockholm Syndrome?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Hat Tips: 246
People at large suffering from Stockholm Syndrome?

When you really think about it, fiat money is just OBVIOUSLY a scam.  I mean, you save pieces of paper with numbers on them, or electrons in an account that represent those pieces of paper.  In exchange you get a penny a year in interest, or thereabouts.  Meanwhile prices on the things you buy go up 10-20 or more cents a year for every dollar cost.

I was in the grocery the other day and EVERY bag of name-brand chips had gone from starting with a "3" to a "4", overnight.  EVERY LAST BAG!!!

Meanwhile, the Fed is adding 20-30% or more of these "fiat" paper / electronic dollars each and every year.

The whole system keeps driving up the price of stocks, medical care, education, everything.

And yet, I am almost the ONLY PERSON in my work, friends and family circles who can see that fiat money is a complete SCREW JOB for everyone except the ones who get to create it, and get access to the newly created free money.  The only explanation I have is that people develop a sort of Stockholm Syndrome to the actions of the government, Fed and TPTB who are f***ing them over every day.  It makes me ill. . .

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:27
mdcromer
mdcromer's picture
Hat Tips: 246
"I was in the grocery the

"I was in the grocery the other day and EVERY bag of name-brand chips had gone from starting with a "3" to a "4", overnight.  EVERY LAST BAG!!!"

IE prices went from, say $3.79 to $4.79. etc.  Sorry that wasn't written very well. . .

Red Pill
Red Pill's picture
Hat Tips: 1331
mdcromer wrote: When you

mdcromer wrote:

When you really think about it, fiat money is just OBVIOUSLY a scam. ..../snip

snip/....

And yet, I am almost the ONLY PERSON in my work, friends and family circles who can see that fiat money is a complete SCREW JOB for everyone except the ones who get to create it, and get access to the newly created free money.  The only explanation I have is that people develop a sort of Stockholm Syndrome to the actions of the government, Fed and TPTB who are f***ing them over every day.  It makes me ill. . .

I built my site exactly because I had run out of close acquaintances who would listen any more. 

speaking of inducing Stockholm syndrome in the victims..

you'll like this video - The Matrix metaphor

I can only show you the door..
Take the Red Pill
#Occupy Money

CYM
CYM's picture
Hat Tips: 1630
Teach them these

Teach them these concepts:

​Normalcy Bias: The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

​Confirmation Bias: Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favor information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true.[Note 1][1] As a result, people gather evidence and recall information from memory selectively, and interpret it in a biased way. The biases appear in particular for emotionally significant issues and for established beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and/or recall have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a stronger weighting for data encountered early in an arbitrary series) and illusory correlation (in which people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

​Cognitive Dissonance: Cognitive dissonance is a discomfort caused by holding conflicting ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a motivational drive to reduce dissonance. They do this by changing their attitudes, beliefs, and actions.[2] Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying. The phrase was coined by Leon Festinger in his 1956 book When Prophecy Fails, which chronicled the followers of a UFO cult as reality clashed with their fervent beliefs.[3][4] It is one of the most influential and extensively studied theories in social psychology. A closely related term, cognitive disequilibrium, was coined by Jean Piaget to refer to the experience of a discrepancy between something new and something already known or believed.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "People at large suffering from Stockholm Syndrome?"