Bucketshop Party

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
Bucketshop Party

This is not a real broker by any stretch, its a bucketshop, a place where people basicly gamble on future events without any relation to the actual stocks/commodities, its a site where you just gamble, but the format I thought was interesting because it looks like it has been set up to mimic futures trading and options.

Max loss or gain is $10, so really its more for fun than real specultaion as most of us turdites would define it, but I found this site through the /b and thought i'd post the link here to see what others thoughts were. Disclosure: I have no affiliation with the site, nor do I even have an account, but I am thinking of sending them a check for $100 to gamble with just for kicks and to ween myself off of what is probably a legit gambling addiction in the world of futures (j/k)

Anyway, here is the link:

http://intrade.com/v4/home/

In case you don't feel like clicking the link I'll copypasta the blurb about how it works from their site, in 3-2-1...

Intrade is a prediction market. What is a prediction market? It's a market that allows you to make predictions on the outcome of hundreds of real-world events. Stock exchanges find the price of stocks, and futures markets find the price of commodities. Prediction markets find the probability of something happening - a predefined, uncertain future event.

Will the financial markets be up today? Will a certain candidate win the next election? Who will win the Academy Awards? If you have an opinion on what will happen then you can make a prediction on Intrade. Predict correctly and you can win real money profits.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:16
silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
Likleyhood of airstrike on Iran

Here is an example chart for fun, its the likelihood of an airstrike on Iran before Dec 2012

(edit- whoops looks like those charts don't link by URL, sorry) doh!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Bucketshop Party"