Rossi's e-cat

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
dabrini
dabrini's picture
Hat Tips: 41
Rossi's e-cat

The big test is today.  See http://www.ecatnews.net

I was thinking of how to invest in this.  Buy nickel?  Maybe, but the amount of nickel used is very small?  Buy hydrogen suppliers?  Maybe.  Hydrogen infrastructure?  Local heating companies? 

Short USO or oil?  Sell all my PMs?  ;-)   No, since I think that PMs will still be needed as we will have inflation.  In fact, if the E-cat works and we have a huge boom, with all the fiat around, this should be inflationary and PMs should do well?

Finally, I bought some Google calls, since the rumor is, that Rossi's "customer" may be Google.  The evidence? Slim, except that if you put in e-cat.com into your browser, see where it goes. We should know by tomorrow.

Maybe someone else has some better advice?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:18
dabrini
dabrini's picture
Update on Oct 28 ecat test results - it's alive !!

http://www.ecatnews.net/2011/10/28/e-cat-plant-shutting-down-customer-satisfied-peswiki-via-twitter/

E Cat Plant Shutting Down. Customer satisfied! | Peswiki via Twitter

28 ottobre 2011

By admin

peswiki confirm:

Q&A just finished; reading of results; 470 kW maintained continuously during self-sustain; customer satisfied; sale made; more later.

It's alive !!!

rckt
rckt's picture
Hat Tips: 69
Interesting

Interesting but definitely not enough info to have an effect on energy prices now. The most important info needed might be who the customer is.

silver foil hat
silver foil hat's picture
Hat Tips: 2717
The real reason why Greece is "defaulting"?

seems a bit of a stretch to correlate the two topics, and it's from wikipedia, so take this for what it's worth...

Defkalion

In February 2011, Rossi announced an agreement with the newly formed Greek company Defkalion Green Technologies as his first client.[47][48] According to Rossi, the agreement called for delivery of a one megawatt heating plant, consisting of 300 reactors of 4 kW [18] connected in series and parallel. The plant which would supply heating for Defkalion's own purposes only, was intended to be inaugurated in October 2011. [49] Rossi stated that he would not be paid by Defkalion until the installation was delivered and working.[50] Defkalion’s spokesman Symeon Tsalikoglou confirmed the agreement, which gave exclusive rights for Defkalion to manufacture and sell the Energy Catalyzer throughout Greece.[51][52]

In August 2011 Rossi announced that he had cancelled his contract with Defkalion, stating that none of E-Cat's technology had been transferred to them.[53][54][55][56][57] Rossi said that "the issue [that caused the cancellation] is just financial, not personal, nor technological, nor scientific", and that he wouldn't comment further because he was preparing a lawsuit against Defkalion.[53] A board member of Defkalion likewise indicated that the reasons for the cancellation were entirely financial.[58] Rossi later confirmed this, specifying that Defkalion was unable to fulfil its contractual obligations in due time.

Perhaps TPTB don't want Greece to have this new energy available.... for nearly free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

Hi Fiattack!

The FED is a benevolent non-profit organization with the interests of the American People placed ahead of its own!

dabrini
dabrini's picture
Latest update on Oct 28 test

Here's the latest:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-696792

One would expect AP to break the story tomorrow (Monday).

dabrini
dabrini's picture
Nov 2 update: E-cat story breaks on Fox News

Link is here:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/02/andrea-rossi-italian-cold-fusion-plant/

The SPAWAR association was interesting.

Also on oilprice.com blog

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Does-Rossi-s-E-Cat-Work-There-is-Only-One-Way-to-Find-Out.html

so it's no longer an unreported story.

Stormdancer
Stormdancer's picture
Hat Tips: 6784
Orders being taken for E-Cat

E-Cat Orders Being Taken After Successful Launch

If this is a scam it will be obvious very soon.  I don't believe it is a scam.  Assuming it isn't, I hope Rossi is watching his back very closely.

I've heard rumours (and only rumours) that the US Navy was the purchaser of the test unit.  If that's ever confirmed it would be quite interesting.  If that's the case I doubt the Navy will ever buy another one, but some engineers might find themselves working on a fascinating new manufacturing project somewhere behind the black budget curtain.  Comparing the resources the Navy would have to throw at tweaking and refining this thing with the resources available to Rossi suggests that (if any of this speculation has merit) you and I may not see a streamlined, enhanced version of this thing for decades, if ever.

I sincerely hope this is for real.  Putting together a completely solar powered system capable of generating 10-15 grams of hydrogen per day would be quite easy today.  If you could stockpile a few hundred pounds of powdered nickel, it sounds like you could run this thing for centuries with nothing more than an electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer and a couple of pipefitter/boiler techs for maintenance.

This has a ways to go before it produces a useful product, but if the basic science proves sound, all that's left is engineering the connection to a steam driven genset to produce electricity.  That might be problematic depending on the temperature of the steam and whatever pressure constraints are inherent in the Rossi system.  Still just an engineering problem though if the science is sound.

Applications that need direct "process heat" for manufacturing will be even easier to engineer.

A mountain tree, if it would see, the far horizon and the stars
May never know a sheltered place, nor grow symmetrical in grace
Such trees must battle doggedly, the blasts and bear the scars. - by Marion Loyal Thompson

stoneeh
stoneeh's picture
I thought this was going to

I thought this was going to be about virtual pets :(

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Rossi's e-cat"