Yamana

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
dakota15
dakota15's picture
Hat Tips: 293
Yamana

Are Yamana's third quarter financial results expected to be poor? Just wondering because YRI is certainly taking it on the chin today and with third quarter results expected on November 3rd, it seems likely the results aren't very good. Anybody have another theory?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20
Insight
Insight's picture
Hat Tips: 415
It's more than that,,,,also relates to GG and other miners in

Argentina...

Repatriation of dollars into pesos...will hit the mining industry.  Doesn't seem to be affect GG today, but AUY has been flying high so maybe that's the reason for the drop, too.

Dow Jones has a big report on this, you'll be able to find it ...

I have no idea what's going on, but some analyst thinks this is "inauspicious."

"Optimist look at donut; pessimist look at hole."--Charlie Chan

(That's my dog SLICKER, not Nipper)

dakota15
dakota15's picture
Thanks for that Insight. Not

Thanks for that Insight. Not quite sure what it means but it was posted on Main Street that it could mean that proceeds from mining activities in Argentina have to stay there, which doesn't bode well for those operating there... like Yamana.

Easyal
Easyal's picture
Hat Tips: 136
Bloomberg had a piece on the

Bloomberg had a piece on the order from Argentina government yesterday.  You can find the news at

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-26/argentine-oil-mine-exporters-ordered-by-government-to-repatriate-funds.html

dakota15
dakota15's picture
It might not be as bad as one

It might not be as bad as one might think, although can you trust that Argentina's government won't take further liberties with miners operating there? The ruling means that 100% of any income generated from mining activities (gas and oil as well) will have to be converted to pesos. Apparently this converting to pesos will help keep the failing peso afloat - what else is new in this world gone mad! After the conversion though, the money can then be converted back into dollars and sent abroad again. I imagine there is also a tax that would take place with the converting of pesos to dollars. I'm not sure what the actual impact on companies like Barrick and Yamana would be, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
That woman is evil

She is no president, she is a dictator.  Pure evil.

T
T's picture
Hat Tips: 6464
Argentina miners and the government factor

Spooking  investors away from the argentina miners....but strange in a way...I own two ,   Argentex, a junior, which collapsed today. The other one is  Extorre, a Casey favorite,  has been going up lately,  got slammed  but  recovered today  very strongly.

I'll be selling Argentex if I can break even on it by christmas. I'm waiting for XG update by Casey.

dakota15
dakota15's picture
I hold a stake in Malbex

I hold a stake in Malbex (MBG) and US Gold (UXG). UXG are affected because of the planned merger with Minera Andes (MAI) into McEwen Mining. MAI operate in Argentina. So far the impact on all three of these companies has been non-existent for the most part, in fact, UXG has rallied very well through this latest gold surge and as UXG goes, so does MAI, as they are now joined at the hip.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Yamana"