Read: Bosnian Survivor account of TSHTF

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Laineyisat
Laineyisat's picture
Hat Tips: 238
Read: Bosnian Survivor account of TSHTF

Excerpt and link to full account of Bosnian survivor of civil war TSHTF: Is there where we are headed???

"we traded things, black market worked, few examples: for 1 corned beef can you could have woman for couple of hours(sounds bad, but it was reality) i remember, most of that womans were just desperate mothers, candles, lighters,antibiotics,fuel,batteries, rifle ammo and of course food, we fight like animals for that.
In situation like that lot of things change, most of people turned to monsters, it was ugly.
Strength was in the numbers, if you were alone in the house, you ve been probably robbed and killed, no matter how well armed."

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/a-survival-q-a-living-through-shtf-in-the-middle-of-a-war-zone_10252011

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06
Katie Rose
Katie Rose's picture
Hat Tips: 12457
good post

I just wanted to Thank You for this post. It contains good information.

Last year I remember reading something similar. I thought I had saved it, but can not find it now.

It listed 100 things learned from Bosnia.

I remember numbers 1 and 100.

Number 1 was having a hand pump for the well. That way when the power was out water was still available. Those with hand pumps often supplied large areas with much needed water.

Number 100 was having dairy goats.

I've got both of those, I just wish I could remember the other 98. :)

Katie Rose

zilverreiger
zilverreiger's picture
Hat Tips: 2845
I read it too, but I'm in a

I read it too, but I'm in a "rural" setting here 500 people /km2

Blorf
Blorf's picture
Hat Tips: 95
No way I'll be "surviving" in

No way I'll be "surviving" in that world.  I'll pack up the family and move elsewhere.  My SHTF plan is limited to 6 months locally.  Your gold will be worth more in a foreign country than it will somewhere people are starving to death.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Read: Bosnian Survivor account of TSHTF"