The $10,000 Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
JimmyTheHand
JimmyTheHand's picture
Hat Tips: 1155
The $10,000 Question

Hello Turd and Fellow Turdites,

So if a fella had about $10,000 of powder set aside would you be buying physical with it right now or wait until we MAYBE hit the 28-29 dollar an ounce range (Friday or Monday, my gut does expect further raiding)?  Would you/could you buy some miner stock?

P.S.  Feeding the Turd!  Thanks again for everything man.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Old Major
Old Major's picture
Hat Tips: 230
I’m with you, I think we’ll

I’m with you, I think we’ll see further raiding.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see one more big attack on the PM’s before the dollar turns and continues its decline.  I’m buying silver at these prices though.  Don’t buy all at one time, average in over a few months.

JimmyTheHand
JimmyTheHand's picture
Hat Tips: 1155
Dollar cost averaging

I have been dollar cost averaging for about a year now and my current average is $33 an ounce.  I was thinking that if we do see another slap down I will buy as much as I can, bring that average down just a little more and have a stack that I am happy with. 

I'm just curious what Turd and Turdites would do in the short term over the next few days/weeks.  I think that October 18th will be a pretty important day in PM's.  Something is going to be done, one way or another.  Gensler has to force the vote I think because of pressure from all sides/legality/insert reason.  If we get position limits in silver then I think that bodes well in the short, medium and long term.  If we do not get position limits I think the short term is hosed, medium term will be chaotic and the long term will still be excellent. 

I am in for the long haul, but I am concerned with short and medium term trends because if I can stack more metal for a cheaper price why wouldn't I?  That's my train of thought lately anyways.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
Next move to me appears to be

Next move to me appears to be down.   I believe we are seeing overall monetary deflation from now until the next big printing spree starts.  I think by end of year we're at 50 but again that all hinges on central banking decisions.  Before any of that happens the dow needs to go below 10,000

That's my gut.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The $10,000 Question"