Armchair generals

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
JY896
JY896's picture
Hat Tips: 11683
Armchair generals

This is my attempt for soliciting specific, workable ideas from Turdites to further the aims of this blog and to try to spread the word -- about the reality of affairs, the corruption of the global financial system, about the effects of monetary and economic policies being pursued, about precious metals -- WAKING PEOPLE UP.

Below is my own mini-campaign. Granted, it's but a drop in the ocean. Perhaps it's merely self-gratification so that I can claim to have done SOMETHING. But if just a single person was moved by it and discovered something they had not known -- it was already worth it. Please, come up with even BETTER methods.

"A few months back, William Banzai7 was kind enough to create a plethora of ZH and other logos -- images small but detailed enough that they print reasonably well onto even self-adhesive mailing label templates for laser printers. This can be seen as just another version of writing/stamping zerohedge.com onto dollar bills or other fiat notes (as some other ZH members have started to do), but has the advantage of being relatively tied to a particular place. I scattered a few dozen stickers in hotels, bars, cafes, restaurants, phone booths (UBS building in Nuremberg, Cafe Kadinsky Amsterdam, BMW central showroom parking garage level 2 in Munich, parking meters in NYC & Chicago, etc.). They can be stuck on surfaces, or just slipped into lucite table menu stands, mailslots/boxes. The Emergency Landing Procedures booklet on the plane was the first place I stuck one...

Rich sources of graphics for the project:
Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:25

Turdland Jobs Forum

Big L
Big L's picture
Hat Tips: 2930
suggestion #1

Our community isn't big enough to get any attention or reach many people on it's own.

One way to reach a wider audience would be to partner with an organization that already reaches a lot of people who would be interested in our message.

The Tea Party, 912 groups, Freedom connector, etc. These are all people who generally don't understand the workings of our financial system or how we got into this mess.

Creating a presentation for these groups  to use at a meeting would be welcomed I would think.

The presentation should be very simple and easy to understand.

How we got here. How the government works with the Fed. What's coming next. What you can do to protect yourself and learn more.

If all this can be boiled down into an hour, or perhaps a series of 1 hour presentations that they could use for their programs I think it would be well received.

The content could be written my any/many of the people on this site.

The primary difficulty would be in narrowing the focus and limiting the content.

Graphics would be very helpful as well.

Big L
Big L's picture
Suggewstion #2

I would love to see a newbies area, where simple explanations could be posted.

Not sure how to format that , as it's not really conducive to the forum-discussion type format.

It's helpful to keep the info organized by subject, which is difficult without a full forum of it's own.

Using popular search terms, and having static pages with content/articles would also be helpful.

Once again, this would be a great place to post articles from frequent contributors.

Keeping the content at the newbie level might be difficult for some of these folkes.

And it would probably need an editor?

Big L
Big L's picture
Suggestion #3

Suggewstion...   SPELL CHEKC!!  Ha cheeky

JY896
JY896's picture
Better (placed) thread on same topic

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/2663/ways-spread-word-about-turd

Big L, I think those are great. See link above for more.

Turdland Jobs Forum

MonkeySmoke
MonkeySmoke's picture
Hat Tips: 725
Here's a suggestion for all us to get involved...

I posted this a couple of days ago on the story "A Rally Cometh?" This is specifically what I am doing to wake people up. This has the potential to wake up a mass of people all at one time. I am currently working a member of Oath Keepers and need other suggestions and contacts--if possible--for other national, regional or local organizations that would have an open mind and able ear.

Below is a letter that I am distributing in Nashville, TN and am doing my level best to get this information spread nationally. If you want to wake people up, educate them to the crimes against us, we have an opportunity to wake up thousands of people at one time. We can make them aware of the crimes being perpetrated against us for the past 40 years. Are you sickened by the police beating and arresting the protesters at the OWS demonstrations? Want to make this stop, immediately, and have the police actually participating in the demonstrations? What about the firemen? Would it be helpful to wake them up and have them participate in the demonstrations?

I am going to both the police and firemen in Nashville, TN and I have sent the letter below to each member of the National Fraternal Order of Police (edit: and to Oath Keepers). I am asking that you do the same in your community. If you have not listened to the interview at King World News with Harry Markopolos, please do. Listen to what Mr. Markopolos says regarding the pension funds of the police and firemen being stolen for 40 years. Take this information directly to--one-on-one--to the police and firemen in  your community. Ask them to listen to this interview and to make their on decision. I believe they will arrive at the logical conclusion they have been ripped-off, directly, by these bankster criminals. Ask them to spread this information among their peers and let's see if we can't get these two very large groups of people awakened and to join us.

I will be releasing a video on Friday regarding this situation on You Tube, my channel is 500ounces, and will be visiting, on Friday, at least 3 fire departments to spread the word. I will also be stopping police anywhere that I see them and explaining this situation to them. I ask that you do the same. If you are serious about waking people and bringing criminals to justice, this may be a catalyst for that to happen. Imagine how many people the Turdite community can awaken at one time by simply delivering this information---directly, one-on-one---to the police and firemen in each community that we live. You are welcome to use my story, if it helps, in order to make a better case. The firemen will respond immediately--as has been my experience--as soon as I mentioned my father is a fallen fireman.

Thank you, Turd and all Turdites, who pick up on this and make it happen. I believe we have a great opportunity to make a real difference.

Here is the letter.

My name is Rory Hall and I am the son of a fallen firefighter. My father, John Thomas Hall, was killed in the line of duty on November 12, 1979 in the city of Nashville, TN. I am writing to you today in order to bring to your attention to a crime that has been perpetrated for more than 40 years. It directly impacts policemen, firemen, judges and librarians specifically, along with many hundreds or thousands of others. The crime is theft. Your pension fund is the target. The criminals are the Bank of New York Mellon and State Street Bank both located in New York City.

Harry Markopolos, the person who brought Bernie Madoff to justice in 2009 for the $65 million ponzi scheme, is the chief investigator in this crime against you and all policemen and firemen in the United States of America. Mr. Markopolos and his team have been investigating these crimes since 2003 and within the past couple of weeks, along with the Florida, Virginia and New York State Attorney Generals have brought charges against these criminals. We, the civilian population, need you to be engaged in this situation. If you, the police and firemen of the United States of America, can support this situation and bring it to light all across the country, we, the population of this once great nation, can finally see some justice for crimes perpetrated against all of us.

Please do not take my word for it. Please follow the link below and listen to Mr. Markopolos tell you instead. My motivation is simple, my father served the city of Nashville and his reward was having a portion of his pension stolen with no chance of recourse. How much longer are you, as police and firemen, going to allow this crime to continue? Here is the link

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2011/10/8_Harry...

Once you arrive at the page you will see a purple icon that states "Listen to MP3 click here" it is located on the left side of the page about half way down.

I have already contacted one local fire department, one police department, both located in Nashville and will continue contacting local fire and police departments until you, the victim, begin to anger and take action and shed some light on this insidious situation. If you could spread this information among your peers it would be a big help in bringing this situation to the attention of the victims.

Thank you for your time and attention. Looking forward to seeing you on the evening national news broadcast in the very near future.

Regards,
Rory Hall

MonkeySmoke
MonkeySmoke's picture
Big L--suggestion 1

I respectfully disagree with the statement "Our community isn't big enough to get any attention or reach many people on it's own." Have the seen the number of "reads" on each of the front page posts? An average of approximately 16k reads is a substantial number. Remember, the "core" of the OWS movement in Manhattan is only a few hundred. The numbers swell and the media comes rushing in, but the core group is tiny. You Tube is a great format; individual interactions are a great format--if you believe in the information people will want to know more.

Currently I have a great way of getting people to listen (see post on this thread) and I am utilizing as maximum motivation for myself. My goal is not to promote TFMetals, but to promote truth in general. The door is wide open, for me, currently with the opening that I have and as time goes by--this is brand new--it will morph and grow into, hopefully, something much more. Hopefully, it will allow me the opportunity to open hearts and minds to the reality of what is happening, what has happened and how people can be better informed. "Roots of Grassroots" is what I am calling it, as the idea is very simple--one-on-one. No banner-carrying, flag waving as is the case with the OWS movement, just a simple conversation based on truth and a very simple motivation. I am fortunate in that I have an audience, that so far, has been very open and willing to listen. A persons motivation, I have found, must  be pure, otherwise, the person you are speaking with will see right through you and feel as if they are being sold a bill-of-goods they may not desire to possess. I believe the Turdites are a very creative, thought-provoking people that have the capacity to generate interest in whatever topic they wish; if only they direct their thoughts to "promoting" an idea that is of importance to them. I feel confident you read the comments, not only of Turd's post, but in the different Forums as well. When I read them I am always amazed at the manner in which some of the people are able to "connect the dots" of most any topic. It is really something to read how someone has found a song, a piece of information from a hundred years ago or some other gem that no one had thought of but it ties in perfectly with the subject. Just a thought.

Big L
Big L's picture
Monkey Smoke

Didn't mean to imply that there isn't significant traffic on TFMR.

I was suggesting a method to diversify into a 'market' that would have an interest in our discussions, but may not be surfing the web looking for PM blogs.

I read your post several times and am unable to understand your point, it would appear that you're trying to denigrate the 912 groups and Tea Party without actually coming right out and saying so.

I don't think anyone who is interested in the truth needs to be judged on the purity of their motives.

"A persons motivation, I have found, must  be pure, otherwise, the person you are speaking with will see right through you and feel as if they are being sold a bill-of-goods they may not desire to possess."

Sir, with all due respect. It's not your place to judge me or my motivations, or my public speaking skills.

Your comments were condescending.

MonkeySmoke
MonkeySmoke's picture
sincerest apologies

Big L,  in no way was I pointing the statement you are referring to any one person, and especially I was not pointing at you. It was a general statement and for that I apologize. What I have found, in the past, and primarily in a sells situation, is the person attempting to make a sell can be easily--consciously or subconsciously--be revealed if there presentation is not from the heart and of absolute truth. I did not intend to speak down to you or anyone else on this site for their speaking skills or any other talent they may possess.

I believe in my heart that 911 was a set up. I believe in my heart that the Tea Party is attempting to do good works. I have followed both for many years and support most, if not all, of what both of these parties are attempting to do--which is shed light on lies and manipulation.

Someone seeking truth is different than a person delivering truth. In a conversation, or a presentation, these would be two different people. The person delivering the message should be in a place of purity of motive. The person seeking truth should be in a place of openness. I am not attempting to tell anyone how they should be, this is just my opinion. I was in sells for a number of years and learned, over time, that people can see through you when you are attempting to sell them, as no one wants to be "sold" anything. That is all that I was attempting to say. Once again, I meant no disrespect to you or anyone else here at TFMR. I am here seeking the truth, trying to learn and be a better person. I apologize for speaking in manner in which you find offensive. I will be much more careful in the future. My hope is that we can come to terms and move forward, brothers in arms to help educate more people and to spread the word of this great community.

JY896
JY896's picture
Seeing as this thread has more views...

...than the other (unless it was just you two refreshing the page), I will post the ideas from Stephanie's thread here as well. Whoever has more/better ideas, post them in either.

One simple, if time consuming method...

...is to systematically email the admins of the sites/blogs/forums that Turd et al regularly frequent. Some already have TFMR on the blogroll (like ZH), but any that do not, should. And vice versa, having a handy, reasonably short list of maybe a dozen or so sites that 'Turd Reads' could be made in reciprocation, perhaps in a box under the HT Leaderboard? A long list of candidates for this would be:

a) ZH blogroll

b) the blogrolls of all the sites in a)

c) http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/favoritebest-alternative-information-sites/194

A less sure, and more challenging further step is to submit to other large, respected/respectable blogs key pieces that Turd (or any of the other more seasoned/knowledgeable writers) compile, such as he has done on ZH previously. Perhaps have a 'Guest Post' contest, with maybe a guidelines? Or different ones on different (and VARIED) topics? While having to read through them would be a chore, but would also free up some time for TF in the medium-run, and still provide rich content both for here, and for potential submission elsewhere?

The last is quite obvious, and I have to admit that since I read less of the rest of the web I have been neglecting it - but all readers of TFMR could, and indeed SHOULD be linking this site in the comments of other sites, in their avatar signatures (with a short note on what TFMR is), in their YouTube posts. I won't go so far as to say Facebook, but re-Tweeting Turd's announcements of a new post in a systematic way by lots of readers to their networks could be tried.

Asking admins of topical message forums to put up a reasonable short sticky post with a blurb an a link has worked for me in the past, though temperaments about this vary widely.

YouTube & LCS -- TFMR.COM + SEO

So, an epic Wicked Witch episode. Or the TFMR Animated Leaderboard Roundtable Hatch a Plan, with each member choosing an appropriate avatar (I'd LOVE to see BoP's Castro, DPH's Jimi get into serious debate with atlee's Keith Richards, Erik the Happy Viking and the Man With the BIG BAD Yellow Hat). Then everyone proceeds as above, sharing the video with everyone they know and don't know.

Some background on the size and shape of all this:

Or, in a more direct and physical fashion -- tell your local coin shop owner about TFMR if you haven't already. Ask him to put up a small sign or sticker in the shop window with the link to tfmetalsreport.com - I personally have already met a Turdite LCS owner. Though this is extra money, have a fundraiser to buy TFMR.COM, for a more easily remembered domain name:

This domain is for sale.
Please contact steve@amdo.com
1-510-329-4099

Last, but definitely not least -- I cannot imagine that there aren't several Turdites well versed in Search Engine Optimization, and savvy to the recent/ongoing changes the engines make in scoring/ranking sites. Maybe some will have ideas in addition to what the technical team/admin are already doing?

Turdland Jobs Forum

Big L
Big L's picture
Monkey Smoke

Thank you for the explanation. Appreciate the apology.

Going forward.

I'm not a blog follower, I only read two other sites, and only post here.

My focus was gaining more folks like myself to the blog. I can identify with people who don't have the time, or inclination, or any interest in blogs or on line discussion. I have been totally turned off by the sniping, rude, name calling jerks that frequent the other blogs comments.

This is the only blog where I feel it's safe to voice my views in plain english. I think there are lots of folks out there who would be interested in the information that we share here, in an environment that is user friendly.

I would like to reach those people.

Targeting regular web users to spread the word is not only valid, but much easier, the low hanging fruit.

My target audience would be much more difficult and time consuming to reach, but a potential source of brand new eyes to the web.

I think it's a good idea to get frequent posters to write some pieces on the economy. I think it would be very interesting experiment.

I'm going to think about it for a bit and probably post an invitation to the main thread.

MonkeySmoke
MonkeySmoke's picture
reaching out

Big L. It seems we share a common thread, we both seem to appreciate thought provoking commentary--and TFMR certainly provides loads. I, too, have a desire for this site to grow. After listening to Turds videos last night it is clear this site needs more viewers. I mis-spoke before in regards to the numbers hits, views and count the site was receiving. I did not understand the money from advertising comes directly from the number of unique hits the site generates. When appropriate I have always referred to TFMR when posting on other sites or in the videos that I make. I will be much more proactive in that regard. One of the sites that I frequent, SGTReport.com, has started posting the main blog that Turd generates. There are only a handful of sites that I visit that allow for comments. I just do not have time to read as much as I would like.

Your idea has been discussed and I believe Stephanie is wanting to have a contest to see who can get posted to ZH and other sites and direct readers back to TFMR. This is a great idea, in my opinion. It fits nicely with your post above. I believe this community can generate the necessary growth, organically as Turd states in his video, to make this site one of the top viewed sites on the web. With an average of 16K reads on the main blog, if you take 10% of that number, and then take 10% of that you come with 160. If 160 people make a small effort, that could grow this site very quickly.

Just a thought

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Armchair generals"