US Coins

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kemp
kemp's picture
Hat Tips: 552
US Coins

I was tipped off to this deal by someone (Piano I think) on Main Street. US Coins offers (1) each of the following coins at spot, plus $10 shipping. I was a bit suspicious of this offer so used a CC (no extra charge). Well the coins arrived yesterday, a 2010 Silver Eagle, and a 1999 1/10 Gold Eagle in great condition so no longer am I suspicious.

Silver eagle

http://ecom.uscoins.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=228874

1/10 gold eagle

http://ecom.uscoins.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=202170

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
CBDooper
CBDooper's picture
Hat Tips: 170
US Coins

I would be careful in dealing with them. I also placed an order for the same deal. My problem is with the email I received from them today which stated there was a problem with processing my credit card. The email showed my FULL credit card number and expiration date in the body of the email. In my opinion, it shows a complete lack of concern for personal data security. I have since filed a complaint with the BBB for what that's worth. Does anyone have any suggestions on any actions I should consider?

kemp
kemp's picture
Hat Tips: 552
Disclosing a CC over email is

Disclosing a CC over email is certainly not secure. In fact quite stupid. Some people don't seem to think about that kind of stuff as this is a clear example. Maybe CC companies should have required security training for people that take transactions...

Keeping that in mind I will keep an eye out for anything unusual in my CC statements. If you are concerned that someone may get your information, as they appeared to handle it pretty loosely, you can either watch for unusual billing activity or have the CC company send you a new card.

Drifter
Drifter's picture
Hat Tips: 1903
+1 for US COINS/ EASTERN NUMISMATICS

I ordered the chefs special 10/2/11 & the items were shipped 11/5/11 or so, just got them in.

$29.88 for a 1990 BUC ASE & $162 for a 1/10 oz 1999 AGE + $10 bucks shipping.

I'm stoked, those are very nice old coins, keepers as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps they gave me nicer items because the shipment was delayed, but I'm real happy.

Thanks for posting this special.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "US Coins"