Kiss the Euro goodbye ... Germany is printing Deutsch Marks.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Kiss the Euro goodbye ... Germany is printing Deutsch Marks.

This hasn't made it to the mainstream American press yet, but the gist of the situation is that, while Germany hasn't made any official announcement of intent to leave the Eurozone, they are reportedly printing their old currency notes. In a hurry.

The Germans are no fools: they know better than anyone in Europe what happens during economic hardship - it was the fiscal cratering after WWI that set the stage for the rise of Adolf Hitler and WWII. Based on that experience, they are very likely to vote with their feet and pull out of the Eurozone. When that happens, the inevitable collapse turns into the imminent collapse.

http://www.newsmax.com/StreetTalk/Ex-BushAdviserGermanyPrintsOldCurrencyinCaseEuroDitched/2011/10/04/id/413225

http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdi.se%2FArtiklar%2F2011%2F9%2F29%2F246398%2FTyskland-lamnar-euron%2F&act=url

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:03

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
Paladex wrote:...The

Paladex wrote:

The Germans are no fools: they know better than anyone in Europe what happens during economic hardship - it was the fiscal cratering after WWI that set the stage for the rise of Adolf Hitler and WWII. Based on that experience, they are very likely to vote with their feet and pull out of the Eurozone. When that happens, the inevitable collapse turns into the imminent collapse.

Spot on.

For those that haven't yet read it, I highly recommend Adam Fergusson's book 'When Money Dies'. A concise, interesting and very readable history of German Hyperinflation with striking parallels to where we are today.

If you want to know how it happened in the 20s and what life was like for regular folk, this book is it.

Pax

CoolStoryBro
CoolStoryBro's picture
Hat Tips: 21
Converting when SHTF

in

S

Searching...

so...this makes me think that:

The German's are going to convert all of their Euro's to DM's as soon as they can, AHEAD (before) all of Europe can change to DM's, giving Germany a huge financial advantage over the rest of Europe--sounds fair. 

Hey, at least the country that's been involved in both World Wars, is responsible (ALL of the people too, not just the Nazi's) for the Holocaust, and in general, has a history of screwing over the World, is going to be in position to do just the same thing again...watch, I bet the Anti-Christ comes out of Germany now.

Good times ahead!!!  Good times!!!

(sarcasm)

Aeonios
Aeonios's picture
Hat Tips: 53
lol, technically france and

lol, technically france and goldman sachs screwed the world this time.

tankiki
tankiki's picture
Hat Tips: 97
I read that too. Goodbye Euro

I saw that too.  If it happen and then of course the market collapse...  Will gold rise or crash? is the question... seems like everybody runs to the US Treasury these days..   Do you think that the gold share might take a nosedive again due to a credit crunch...

Is it too late to get out of the market and wait for a better entry points? even with losses or should I sit tight thru the storm? What is the better thing to do?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Kiss the Euro goodbye ... Germany is printing Deutsch Marks."