Clive Maund question

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eric_2
Eric_2's picture
Hat Tips: 586
Clive Maund question

Hi everyone, I saw recently that Clive Maund nailed the recent silver collapse, but I get the impression that he is thought of as a "broken clock" in that even a broken clock is right twice a day. (He also seems to gloat a bit over his recent correct call.)

I am wondering if there are any turdites that follow his site. His most recent public report is extremely bullish (I don't know what his reports to subscribers says). I am very interested in what people here think about his current outlook.

Cheers

Here is his most recent silver update:

http://www.clivemaund.com/article.php?art_id=67&PHPSESSID=7c11a65f3c285f1ba2d3302c33e11bfb

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
padme
padme's picture
Hat Tips: 846
I have been a subscriber since May

After the silver dive, since I heard he called the dive, I started subscription.

My experience has been the trades I put on according to his specific recommdations has been almost always good.

Now he made lots of recommendation(I think), but I only did few, and I do not know how other recommendations turn out.

Also he call both May and Sept silver dives in a year, I think it is little more than luck.

Anyway, I am still with him and probably with be with him for a long time.

solidpractice
solidpractice's picture
Hat Tips: 75
BrotherJohnF on YouTube may offer more insight on Clive...

Clive's prediction of the downturn caught BrotherJohnF's eye, and he hedged accordingly to good profits.  Here are John's thoughts on Clive's bullish turn you've alluded to:

BUDDHA PRINCESS
BUDDHA PRINCESS's picture
Hat Tips: 4466
The Silver Log (10.05.2011) - Smiley Face RollerCoaster

Detailed analyses by endlessmountain. What would happen if silver hits $20-$25???

Big disconect. How long are we sideways?

Important levels $31.40, 33.58 Gap window

Eric_2
Eric_2's picture
Thanks padme, I appreciate

Thanks padme,
I appreciate the point of view from someone who has followed him and has a subscription.

As you may know, his free weekend update is once again bullish for silver. It will be interesting to see what happens.

SilverWealth
SilverWealth's picture
Hat Tips: 15411
eric

wrong. He is bearish on Silver now. Please reread his post before posting otherwise others get misled.

SilverWealth
SilverWealth's picture
what is really said

what Maund is really saying is he suggests one more final leg down in Silver before a great buying opportunity arises and Silver lows are finally in. He beleives we have put in a bear flag now.

He also suggests that the COT reports are wildly bullish going out but first, a final downleg when the flag collapses down.

Rico
Rico's picture
Hat Tips: 6337
Now that Clive Maund is the

Now that Clive Maund is the new PM genius du jour around the TFMR (from goat to hero, as it were),   it should be noted that his initial call was for a drop to ~20, so all his gloating is a strange reaction to a gigantic miss--just sayin'.

We may still get to 20, just not because of ol' Clive's magical powers...

Eric_2
Eric_2's picture
My bad

SW, mea culpa. I'm a total dope - I did read the report before i posted and I meant bearish, sorry about that. Thanks for the correction.

My whole point of the thread was trying to determine if the guy knows what he is talking about or if he just got lucky. I too thought he was gloating last week over his recent call. We'll see what happens.

SilverWealth
SilverWealth's picture
comment

Each to his own. Nothing wrong with entertaining lots of divergent opinion. This is a very difficult market. Anybody who successfully calls the waterfalls of May and September as Maund did and actually profits very well from it  is batting a hell of a lot better average than people pouring over short term charts on this site. It is critical that longer term perspectives be maintained at ALL times, most particularly as Silver gets overbought. As it gets overbought this board generally goes ga-ga and loses focus. To maintain focus by entertaining opposing analysis is critical in a wildly volatile market like silver and the metals.

these are my opinions. It is essential to in fact to take very lightly the opinions on this site everytime Silver has had a bull rush, that of all things  is what you want to avoid. Then the tin-foilers crawl out of the woodwork, those that think they will be crushing JPMorgan and ending all Keynesian economics in one swoop. This is utter nonsense and people read that at your peril. This includes the posting of Ruprecht videos which when they occur as Silver is high are sell signals imo. You do not tug on Superman's cape and one must always respect the power of the downside, the downdraft and the waterfall.

Sycee
Sycee's picture
Hat Tips: 487
So basically he's predicting

So basically he's predicting waterfall buying to accompany the waterfall selling. I guess if he can do that and keep his paid subscribers he must know what he's talking about...

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Rico wrote:Now that Clive

Rico wrote:

Now that Clive Maund is the new PM genius du jour around the TFMR (from goat to hero, as it were),   it should be noted that his initial call was for a drop to ~20, so all his gloating is a strange reaction to a gigantic miss--just sayin'.

We may still get to 20, just not because of ol' Clive's magical powers...

Very true. We can all still the wind from that giantic wiff.

All I have to say is this: even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. 

Half of these guys are complete jokers, 45% just want to sell some subscriptions, 3% actually have a clue and the final 2% is Santa and Kenny. :D

No one knows. Have dry powder. This advice always wins and is never wrong.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

bern
bern's picture
Hat Tips: 1221
Clive Maund wrote:... You may

Clive Maund wrote:

You may recall that there was much talk earlier this year amongst silver bugs about J P Morgan's massive silver short position, and their cheerleaders encouraged them to believe the fantasy that they could bring down J P Morgan by buying physical silver, as expressed by the picture below which was doing the rounds at the time...

The idea that a mottley bunch of small highly leveraged speculators can bring down an entity like J P Morgan is of course laughably naive, and what in fact has happened is that the big players have turned the tables on the small speculators, by using their leverage and margin against them. They organised the 2 massive silver takedowns, one in early May and other just finished, aided by friends in high places hiking margin requirements, to run them out of their positions, by triggering their stops and margins calls, and then covered their shorts at the resulting low prices. ...

http://www.clivemaund.com/article.php?art_id=67

Folks buying physical silver are not using margin or leverage and don't have "stops and margin calls". Makes me question whether this guy knows what he is talking about or if he's just got an agenda.

Liberty Library ~ PM Bug

ghost
ghost's picture
Hat Tips: 1104
Heard he flip flopped today

Heard he flip flopped today again and changed some of his views from that article, can anyone confirm?

padme
padme's picture
Hat Tips: 846
yes.

He was expecting a down leg before rally, but now he says the down leg may not happen. He suggests his subscriber sell short positions and go long.

Desert Fox
Desert Fox's picture
Hat Tips: 3567
bern wrote: Folks buying

bern wrote:

Folks buying physical silver are not using margin or leverage and don't have "stops and margin calls". Makes me question whether this guy knows what he is talking about or if he's just got an agenda.

I think you've sniffed out what Maund is about.

His agenda is, stay engaged in the paper game where me {The Great Clive Maund}  and my friends can take advantage of you at will.

Always use margin and leverage and don't buy any physical because we can't control that. Capiche?

Drifter
Drifter's picture
Hat Tips: 1903
@ SilverWealth

I like the way you think. I also recall you saying some of that stuff BEFORE the drop 3 weeks ago.

You're on the short list of posters I pay attention to, good signal to noise ratio from you.yes

SilverWealth
SilverWealth's picture
people

People on boards enjoy putting down 'the experts' or those running subscription services. I don't do that anymore. Each to his own. There are a good number of wise guys on boards who think that they can figure the whole thing out. Good for them.

This is an incredibly complex enviroment. I need and use help and guidance and am not ashamed to say so. The work that some of the guides I use do is unbelievably complex and thorough and is based in many years of following the markets. I can learn from them. I am not a genius, nor am I interested in spending 20 hours a day sifting thru thousands of charts,theories or news stories. That way is absolute madness. But it is the way for many on the Net. I think people are very seriously deluding themselves if they feel they can navigate the metals markets without experienced help.

And I guarantee it will only get more volatile from here on.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Clive Maund question"