The Mayans

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Justin
Justin's picture
Hat Tips: 1869
The Mayans

Been noticing some references to Mayan cycles and levels of conscious evolution in the main blog lately.  I've been obsessed with the classical Maya for the better part of 8 years now and figured I'd start a thread on the subject.  They did some pretty amazing stuff considering they were supposedly a primitive culture nowhere near as advanced or sophisticated as we are today, yet they seem to have had a better understanding of space, time and cycles than we do now.  I have a feeling if they were still around today, our financial markets would be like childs play to them and they would make fools out of even the best traders today. 

Great video below on the comparisons between our silly little Gregorian calendar that isn't as natural to our planet as most believe.  Our calendar was intentionally designed for economic growth and is chaotic with no real balance, one look at the number of days in each month is proof of that.  One of the Maya's many calendars consisted of 13 months, each containing 28 days which mimicked lunar cycles as well as the menstrual cycles in women.  The Maya tracked 9 cycles of evolution and incorporated those levels into the design of their pyramids, pyramids that were actually 3D calendars. 

The temple of Kukulcan is my favorite of their pyramids.  Along with being a representation of evolution, they also designed it to do something pretty amazing on each equinox and only on each equinox.  The snake represents one of their Gods that was actually a feathered serpent who would one day return to bring about a great change.

Due to Hollywood, most believe that the end of the Mayan calendar is on 12/21/12.  The actual end date for all 9 of their tracked cycles is on October 28th of this year and nowhere did they predict that it would bring about world cataclysm or destruction.  It was merely a resetting of their counts just as we celebrate each New Year... although, their celebration is 16.4 billion years in the making.  

Cutting this post short as I'd like to see the thread carry on with input from others on the subject. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:26

Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong, you choose own way do karate same reason. - Mr. Miyagi

backseatdriver
backseatdriver's picture
Justin

About five years ago I took up some studies on both Sumerians and Mayans. Have you heard of a scientist name Carl Munck and his Code. He dedicated his life to Geomathematics and cartography. It is fascinating, and challenging and probably would interest you as a "free thinker" if you have not already explored him. I have always wanted to talk about this with someone, but I would say in terms of people who are willing and or knowledgeable in the circles I run in are 1 in maybe 10,000, if not higher. Turds forum has opened up all kinds of possibilities for discussion.

BSD

"Blessed are those who find wisdom,those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold" Prov 3:13-14

Justin
Justin's picture
Thanks for those videos,

Thanks for those videos, looking forward to checking them out later.  I know a little of the Sumerians and the thing that fascinates me most about them is that they claimed to have learned everything they knew from the Annunaki which translates to "those who from heaven to Earth came" or other similar interpretations. 

I feel the same as you do when it comes to finding people to talk about these kinds of subjects with and not get an eye roll or categorized as a conspiracy theorist.  Ancients all over the planet seemed hell bent on building pyramids and passing on what they deemed to be important and vital information, yet most today look at current findings as just the ramblings of cave men who didn't even have iPod's so, what could they possibly know.  They definitely knew something that has been long forgotten or is being kept under wraps, but I try to focus on just the facts and what is backed by sound evidence.

For a culture that didn't have telescopes, I rack my brain trying to figure out why the Maya would build an observatory to monitor certain constellations. Each window gives a certain view depending on the time of year and was designed to do so. 

Here is another event that occurs during the sunrise of the equinox, the Sun aligns perfectly in the middle and shines its light through the "doorway of the 7 dolls".

Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong, you choose own way do karate same reason. - Mr. Miyagi

donnojackshit
donnojackshit's picture
Hat Tips: 3168
Oct 28th 2011

I am fascinated by this study of cycles.

Been reading some of Martin Armstrong's pieces thumped out on a type writer ( presumeably whilst in prison?) regarding his cycle theory.

But what happens after Oct 28th?

Does the whole multi billion year 9 stage cycle reset?

It is not as though our problems in the World will magically be sorted out by Oct 28th?

Tabberto
Tabberto's picture
Hat Tips: 5013
mayans rock

Maya Cosmogenesis 2012  - strong recommendation from my end

Have been to various mayan sites but especially would recommend Coba and Palenque.  I look forward to watching the video above too.  Thanks for starting this particular thread Justin.  Incidentally if any of you haven't read Gold Warriors by Sterling Seagrave its a must-read, especially for goldbugs

Tabberto
Tabberto's picture
Hat Tips: 5013
While I'm at it...

amazing stuff

steeled
steeled's picture
Hat Tips: 576
Justin, thanks for starting this,

tho somehow I don't see this topic as frivolus :)

you get as good as you give

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34270
donnojackshit wrote:I am

donnojackshit wrote:
I am fascinated by this study of cycles. Been reading some of Martin Armstrong's pieces thumped out on a type writer ( presumeably whilst in prison?) regarding his cycle theory. But what happens after Oct 28th? Does the whole multi billion year 9 stage cycle reset? It is not as though our problems in the World will magically be sorted out by Oct 28th?

I too am fascinated with the study of cycles within all things: personal, geological, weather, financial, politics etc....  I like Greg Braden's book "Fractal Times" on the more scientific study of 2012 and how it represents the convergence of multiple cycles a 24,0000, 12,000, 5,000 and smaller cycles at the same time.   At a minimum, science recognizes that our solar system is moving to a distant point in the milky way.   As far as the exact end date, I'm familiar with Calleman's October date of this year.   Whatever the true date is I don't believe we are going to wake up one day and notice a difference because the effect of this end of cycles (not time) will not happen at the stroke of midnight and we wake up and everything is different.   There is obviously a process going on that we are seeing quantum changes in the way we live our lives, political and social structures, geological and weather changes.    Sorry to say for those who believe in armageddon, life will continue on this planet.  Although time is most certainly speeding up. 

I think the world has just seen some evidence of the shift in consciousness that is occurring with the latest scientific evidence that the neutrino moves faster than the speed of light which changes our world view we've had since Einstein observed that nothing could move faster than the speed of light.   What would have been more accurate is that we can't observe for anything to move faster than the speed of light because the tools with what we make our observations with are infact, light based tools.  

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903703604576588662498620624.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Justin
Justin's picture
@Backseat, Checked out The

@Backseat,

Checked out The Code before I took my break from the markets and TFMR... awesomeness! I've actually re-watched it a few times and have passed it on to others, thank you for that.  It's mind boggling to say the least.  

I have a few other videos I'd like to share, this thread could use some new material for any who are interested:

I've been a fan of Graham Hancock for a while and am constantly looking for new podcasts which he does pretty regularly on various shows. His book Fingerprints of the Gods is one of the best reads I've come across over the years in this area, definitely a great addition to ones personal library.

He recently did a podcast with Joe Rogan(the Fear Factor & UFC guy) and it's one of my favorites to date:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The Mayans"