Trader tells the truth in BBC interview, anchors totally stunned.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Trader tells the truth in BBC interview, anchors totally stunned.

This is the "Goldman Sachs rules the world" guy you've heard about. I'm guessing you won't be seeing him interviewed again. Ever. 

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:04

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

Paladex
Paladex's picture
Hat Tips: 2871
Jump to 2:25

If you want to hear the Goldman Sachs soundbite, jump to about 2:25 in the video above.

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

King Kenny
King Kenny's picture
Hat Tips: 97
He is not a professional trader

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8792829/BBC-financial-expert-Alessio-Rastani-Im-an-attention-seeker-not-a-trader.html

Ratatouille
Ratatouille's picture
Hat Tips: 985
And cute, too.

All that brash lay-it-on-the-line eloquence, and cute, too... if I were only 20 years younger... oh alright, 25 years.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
He's not a floor trader..

He's not a floor trader.. does that make him "not professional" ? I don't work at microsoft, but I write software for a living.. does that not make me a professional software developer?  Please erase your illusions about what contexts define a persons' profession. 

Aside from that, does your opinion of the truth weigh less? did you somehow think that the same words spoken by someone who is more "known" would be less truthful? 

A Mathematician can say 2+2=4 but because he's a Mathematician and I'm not, does my statement of 2+2 equaling four somehow hold "less truth" ?

The message, dear sir, is vastly more important than the messenger. 

King Kenny
King Kenny's picture
Hat Tips: 97
Did you read the article

Did you read the article UGrev?I quote "I'm an attention seeker. That is the main reason I speak. That is the reason I agreed to go on the BBC. Trading is a like a hobby. It is not a business. I am a talker. I talk a lot. I love the whole idea of public speaking."

I am not saying his views are not valid, but he is no more a professional trader than I am. Please take time to read content before making assumptions.

Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Hat Tips: 800
Truth is subjective

These days truth is subjective. Yes, this guy got alol of notice. Why? He said things that some loved hearing. Is that the truth? How do you know it to be the truth?

It is not that I don't disagree with his statements. But, they are just that, statements. Where is his evidence? If, I where to disagree with him, I would not attack him personally. I would want him to prove his case.

Why the press does not investigate the assertions, I don't know. We no longer get real news, who? What? Where? When? We get opinions dressed as news, as facts, as one persons truth.

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34227
He is a member of this

He is a member of this forum.  Go back to Turd's blog of the day this interview ran.   You can ask him directly your questions.   The interview has already been posted and discussed numerous times. 

If I was European and my fiat money was the Euro, you'd better belief besides buying precious metals now, I'd have taken advantage of the boost in the dollar and 30 year bonds.  Although that would probably be a temporary move until the true fundamentals of the dollar come to light. 

You might want to look at the Goldman Sachs comment from the bigger perspective.  Of course, if you don't believe markets are manipulated you are unfamiliar with trading history and the dealings of the Vanderbilts and Goulds.  This is not conspiracy this is accepted widely as fact and many books have been written about it.   One of the Vanterbilts went to jail over it.  

Now go to work and push your paper.

UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
Do YOU even bother to read

Do YOU even bother to read OTHER sources? 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilylambert/2011/09/27/trader-or-prankster-we-called-alessio-rastani-and-asked/

and I quote: 

AR: I think it’s overblown. I have no idea why I’m getting this attention. I don’t think it was news.

sure as hell doesn't sound like a hobby to me and it sure as hell doesn't sound like he's the attention whore you think he is.  What was that about assumptions? 

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34227
Professional trader? 

Professional trader?  Hmmm...not sure what that means.  You mean like any of the 1000's of highly qualified professionals who used to work at Lehman Brothers, Bear Sterns, or currently employed at Bank of America's trading franchise, Merryl Lynch or maybe even Bernie Madoff.   The people who were supposed to be able to tell you what to do with your money. 

This is a textbook example of the power of the media to brainwash the sheeple.  They are calling him a socialpath for telling people to get out of the Euro and being excited about the opportunity to make money in a crisis.  Paint him as a deluded, on the fringe nut so that God forbid, people don't start selling the Euro quickening it's demise.

And don't tell me none of you have wet dreams about $5000.00 gold.   The real socialpaths are the media who roll their eyes anytime somebody says something that doesn't fit the statist propoganda.  

And what about the lineup of highly respected, well spoken payed consultants that go on CMBC that are telling people that we are moving into a recovery and gold is in a bubble.  You darn well know they are doing a good job when you come on a site like this and see people heading for the exits and blaming Turd and all the other analysts who are trying to help you navigate these tough times.  

These reactions tell me more about what stage we are in at this bull market than all the charts combined.   The media has got most people by the balls, rolled up in the corner in a fetal position petrified to put their money into something with real value.     Because the smart people are psychopaths. 

I agree with John Embry.  The EE has won this round and laughing while sipping a glass  from their $2000 bottle Cognanc.   Right now gold bulls aren't ready for a mania until we deal with out manic issues.  I'll take the opinion of a part time plumber who knows what is going on before I listen to any of the professional traders that they march infront of their tv camera's.

Cheers EE.  You won this round.   We are still training our rag tag troops.  There will be another day.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Trader tells the truth in BBC interview, anchors totally stunned."