APMEX Online Bullion Monitoring

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
APMEX Online Bullion Monitoring

This thread is to monitor and update on the physical demand for APMEX Silver & Gold bullion purchases.  The purpose of this thread is to monitor rising premiums and dwindling physical supply.  I know there are some people out there that have real time graphs of purchases, and if that would somehow make it onto this thread, I feel it would be very intriguing and telling.

**Note** This is not the entire APMEX inventory.  This is their current online inventory.  I am proposing this to see if the physical demand starts to take off and premiums rise.  Not because APMEX will "run out of silver" (yet).

To monitor this you must have Firefox or an internet browser with "inspect element,"aka right click in the box of quantity, and change max length from 4 to 6 (or whatever you want), and then type in 999999 until it gives you an error and their inventory!).  Here is a picture of how it looks in my screen.

---

First documentation @ 3:48 est. time.  Here is the results.

Current APMEX 2011 Silver Count:

2011 Maple Leaves: 22,474 (Premium: 3.59)

2011 American Silver Eagles: 130,933  (Premium: unconfirmed)

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:13
ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
10:40 Est Update

Notice that their buy price is over a $1.50 higher than "spot price."  Proof of physical divergence at the moment...

Premums are up .30 cents on each.  Now $3.99 for ASE spot and $3.89 for Canadian Maple Leaf Spot.

3,400 oz of Canadian maple leaves in 7 hours.  Linearly extrapolated that means their current stock will be out in roughly 42 hours, by Sunday afternoon!  That and the premium is confirmed .30 cents higher than before.

21,000 oz of American silver eagles sold in 7 hours.  Linearly extrapolated that means their current stock will be out in roughly 36 hours.... or early Sunday!  I will be starting a thread here on the subject for updates to be had.  A very interesting situation unfolding. 

American Silver Eagle.

Canadian Maple Leaf

RuNuts
RuNuts's picture
Hat Tips: 3562
Anyone try buying some to

Anyone try buying some to sell back to them? ;-D

RuNuts
RuNuts's picture
Hat Tips: 3562
Oops

Sorry Scott, I should have had my glasses on. I misread your screenshot.

Appreciate the updates.

murphy
murphy's picture
Hat Tips: 17168
Thanks Scott, noting your

Thanks Scott, noting your forum

enusuancy
enusuancy's picture
Hat Tips: 7
thank you

Terrific
Thank you...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "APMEX Online Bullion Monitoring"