Backspace out of a page deletes reply

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
Backspace out of a page deletes reply

I have had this problem a couple of times today, and on two separate computers.  I have been typing a reply to someone, and do a few clicks inside the text box while editing, and then hit the delete/backspace button (I'm on a Mac) and it takes me to the last page rather than deleting the text I was editing.  When I hit forward, my whole reply is gone.  

As you can imagine, this is rather infuriating, especially when time is short, or it was a lengthy reply.  Could you either implement a method of saving the text in the text box when "back" is pushed, or ensure that the cursor remains inside the text box?

admin
admin's picture
Hat Tips: 2964
Which OS, browser type, and

Which OS, browser type, and browser version number are you using?

Site Administrator for TF Metals Report

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Hat Tips: 9983
This is a Chrome issue

Google Chrome has this issue; either use another browser or click "Switch to plain text editor" underneath the text box and that will stop it.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Thanks for that Stephanie.

Mac OS and Chrome here.

Thanks for that Stephanie. This issue has almost single handedly led me to jump off a highway overpass! So annoying. 

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Backspace out of a page deletes reply"