Quick question on liquidating a small portion of my silver

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Laurichmusic
Laurichmusic's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 37
Posts: 27
Quick question on liquidating a small portion of my silver

I am moving in a month and I need to liquidate 100 oz of silver to pay for moving expenses and a little work to be done in the new house.  With the Fed announcement from yesterday and the hammering today, should I go ahead a sell today or should I wait a week or two and hope for silver to bounce back.  I am holding my metals long term but I need to liquidate the 100 oz soon and I'm afraid the PM's will be taking a beating over the next few weeks.  What you guys think?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/15/2011
Hat Tips: 800
Posts: 179
Wait

Wait, if PMs are really the last safe haven, they will bounce back.

What form is your 100 oz?

__________________

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

Auricle of Omaha
Auricle of Omaha's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/22/2011
Hat Tips: 35
Posts: 5
Your Savings or Bernanke's Fiats

You could sell your silver probably for a total of $3,600.

Or, you could borrow that same $3,600 from the bank (line of credit perhaps) or the credit card company.

So do you borrow from yourself or do you borrow some fiats from Ben Bernanke?

That depends on what do you think is going to go up more... the value of your silver or the value of the dollar. Keep in mind the time period over which you will either pay yourself back or the bank.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Quick question on liquidating a small portion of my silver"