Trading Basics

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
StellaSilver
StellaSilver's picture
Trading Basics

Hello,

I am new to precious metals and mining and feel a bit overwhelmed with everything that's going on and all the things I have to learn.   I started buying physical bullion a couple of months ago and have been reading about the miners and I want to get into this market.    I have some VERY newbie questions that I hope somebody can help me with.  

What are some of the preferred online trading platforms?  ETrade, Scottrade, Ameritrade etc...  I have used Fidelity for regular stocks over the years and haven't done alot of trading.   I'm looking for low commissions,  good charts and tools to follow stocks volatility, liquidity etc...  Good educational tools.  A good place to track stocks I'm looking to buy and maybe someplace where I can compare stocks such as gold miners. 

Same question for Options-What are some of the preferred online trading platforms?  At this point, I'm not going to be trading but I want to learn.   I want to be able to practice trades without investing and apparently there are online platforms to help me. 

Gold, Silver and Oil Options-Calls, and Spreads-I want to buy some basic commodity options example bull call spread in Silver 48-49.   Where is the best place to do this and how can I find out prices for the trades I want

Newsletters-Are there any good newsletters for both stocks and options that give you trades but are specific in terms of timing and pricing for entering and exiting the markets?

At this stage what questions should be I asking that I'm not

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20
stevy
stevy's picture
Hat Tips: 135
hi Stella,  for the options

hi Stella, 

for the options turd uses MF global (formally Lind Waldork), i use them to and they're great. Mention turd and they put you onto special people too. You also get assigned a trader and can ask them questions and trading ideas. When i want to buy a call i always phone them up and run it past them.

As for options advice, best advice is buy time and buy on dips. 

I'm intersted in the other questions - especially which broker people here use to buy miners ?? 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Trading Basics"