Pawn Stars episode dealing with Silver

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pablo
Pablo's picture
Hat Tips: 1053
Pawn Stars episode dealing with Silver

Don't know if any of the rest of you guys are Pawn Stars fans, but we watch that show religiously here in the Pablo household.

Anyway, last night's new episode dealt with silver items, the first was some guy selling 1 oz bars, the other was sone lady selling huge silver statues. Pretty interesting and you can tell that silver is going mainstream. They had some good basic education info in there that might get more people interested in silver. I laughed at the guy trying to sell his bars for $80 / oz as collectors items though.

Either way it's worth your 22 minutes:

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/videos/playlists/full-episodes#pawn-stars-pirates-booty

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:08
Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
Love the show

And - turns out they will have a show coming up where they buy gold/silver in some town.  It was mentioned by another poster.

I laughed too - those cheesy bars are worth more as silver, but not because of some cheesy design.  In fact that drops the value vs. ASEs.

vonburpenstein
vonburpenstein's picture
Hat Tips: 2508
I went to the 'Pawn Stars'...

...pawn shop when I was in Vegas in July.  Go there early on Saturday and beat the crowd.  Anyway, they had basic ASEs - nothing special and they were selling them for $55! Amazing, you could buy them everywhere else for way less. Not for long tho

Signed, Vonburp

SilverFocker
SilverFocker's picture
Hat Tips: 2577
I saw

that episode.............the guy with the bars was a real rocket scientist, but man I would have dropped coin on those Indian pieces, those were crazy nice!

Dr G
Dr G's picture
Hat Tips: 17890
I'm a huge fan of the show. I

I'm a huge fan of the show. I stop by there every time we go to Vegas. I always buy some silver, but only a couple of oz. It's so overpriced it isn't funny. I usually pick up some ASEs. Last time they were $9 over spot. I didn't mind, like I said, a souvenir.

I disagree about silver going mainstream. The common guy only knows enough to sell his family heirlooms. That's about it. You gotta figure that if it was mainstream he'd be holding it.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern's picture
Hat Tips: 34214
SilverFocker wrote: that

SilverFocker wrote:

that episode.............the guy with the bars was a real rocket scientist, but man I would have dropped coin on those Indian pieces, those were crazy nice!

Your darn tootin' right.  If I had it, I'd bid those suckers to the sky.  Turquois and silver lusciousness.  The old man is the smartest of the whole bunch even if he is a little cranky.

atlee
atlee's picture
Hat Tips: 12263
big fan

love the show. Chumlee is my fav. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Pawn Stars episode dealing with Silver"