Wheat Trading

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Hat Tips: 989
Wheat Trading

Wheat is selling off.  Keeping an eye out and thinking through a strategy to accumulate somewhere.  

Anyone watching this?

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:18
Art Lomax
Art Lomax's picture
Hat Tips: 3661
Watching wheat

I had a wheat trade on a couple of weeks ago, small profit on 1/2, stopped out on 1/2. Not trading it now. I'm surprised at the depth of the selloff. It's due a bounce. Potential for rain in the dry hard wheat belt pressuring wheat today, KC wheat leading the way. CBOT Dec wheat trading a discount to Dec corn. Likely stays that way to encourage substitution of wheat for corn. IMO, wheat will be a tag along market to corn, with opportunities to trade it. Wheat is a streaker and when trend changes doesn't usually give you much chance to get on board. Might as well trade the leader corn.

seadocks
seadocks's picture
Hat Tips: 162
hard red winter wheat crop projection

These pictures were taken in Texas, but much of western Oklahoma and western Kansas look very similar.  I am posting one picture and a link to the others.

http://photoblog.statesman.com/dry-season-the-texas-drought-of-2011

The point I am trying to make is that the .25" shower we received this morning was pleasant, but the fact is that it will take several 1-2" rains to get to the point that the water profile in the soil is close to normal. 

From my standpoint, the prognosis for a good wheat crop is unsure... at best (even being optimistic).   Right now the seed bed is talcum powder dry going down several inches.

tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Armstrong on Wheat

Coming Commodity Boom by Armstrong.  Goes into Wheat in this article.

http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/Coming%20Commodity%20Boom%2005-29-2012.pdf

tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Wheat has surely been pounded

Wheat has surely been pounded down. But...Looking like the downtrend has been broken.

Looking similar to Sugar.

With the CRB Index looking like it could be setting up for big runs, there could be some great opportunities.

tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Multi-year implications for

Multi-year implications for the Softs & Grains just occurred today.

USD Broke it's trendline and this could set a entirely new pace for this sector.  

tallydynasty
tallydynasty's picture
Up 2+% today

Up 2+% today

Art Lomax
Art Lomax's picture
Hat Tips: 3661
Wheat

Agree that wheat is forming a bottom here. Funds already short. But the corn harvest selling may keep a lid on wheat prices for awhile. Will be a market to watch.

Here's some wheat news this morning.

http://www.agrimoney.com/news/huge-hedge-fund-wheat-bets-limit-price-downside--6301.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Wheat Trading"