Hat Tips: 5332
Accredited Investors

Any on this forum and curious how you are playing the gold run

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:20
GoldMania3000
GoldMania3000's picture
Hat Tips: 5332
Well I guess I'll respond to

Well I guess I'll respond to myself and see what happens. I started to take a lot of my liquidity/cash and some gold ETFs and started placing it into major producers.   Kinross which over the past few years have made some stella acquistions (Red back, under..., etc) so they will have lot's of gold coming on production as well as Franco Neveda.  I'm also starting posistions (1/4 posistions) in IAMGOLD, Eldarodo, yamhana, GG.  My goal is to increase to half posistions and full posistions over the next 6 months as I want to see how the markets play out. Specifically, I'm sure there will be some down drafts along the way and will average down.  My goal is to have significant holdings in these majors to prepare for the influx of investments/money from the various fund managers as well as mom and pop.

I've also started placing a significant amount of resources into some of the less known mid-tier companies that have proven up reserves, planning to build mines and will be increasing their reserves with new drill results. I'll refrain for now mentioning these prospects but there's defineitly big players lining up to enter. 

Holding some posistions in the juniors including Pretium, Kam, Canasil and planning to hold this until they prove up their resources and demonstrate continuity, etc, etc.  In addition holding on to some prospect generators and some higher tier juniors that have known geologists evaluted or evaluating the properities.  That's how I do my due dillengece.  While I read a lot, I'm not one to judge so I rely on the geology to tell me where to place my money. I go right to the experts and that doensn't always mean newsletter writers, because many of the picks that I have are not done by newsletter writers..they typcially pick up the ones that I get into when they have increased significantly.  

So I'm re-distributing my holdings into more of the companies that are holding acutla gold deposists. About 35% into juniors and another 30% still in gold ETFs--which I placed a significant amount in early summer..and now has given me a significant amount of profit to place into some of the above mentioned areas.

I continually have moved resources around depending on where things are going or not going.  And I'm not affraid to take a loss and redistribute...when i've done this in the past, and it hasn't been much, i've always made up for the loss and actually made profits.   I started to take profits along the way, which has provided me additional liquidity to re-distribute resources into other higher potential prospects. 

I'm preparing for what should be one of the greatest bull markets of all time and having fun doing it....

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Accredited Investors"