Dollar: The king is back to take his Kingdom: Will it spell doom for Gold?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ga082003
ga082003's picture
Hat Tips: 1
Dollar: The king is back to take his Kingdom: Will it spell doom for Gold?

The gold rally will find it difficult given that dollar for the first time in 18 months is breaking out.

Read this analysis here posted for premium subscr earlier

Source: Dollar: The King is back to take his Kingdom

Kate

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
UGrev
UGrev's picture
Hat Tips: 884
Ever see what happens when

Ever see what happens when the other guy on the teeter totter hits the bottom... and then gets off? Yeah, the guy on top drops like a rock..  this is the EUR/USD combo. 

Silver Lining
Silver Lining's picture
Hat Tips: 63
Cue the presses, deflation is

Cue the presses, deflation is coming!

Blorf
Blorf's picture
Hat Tips: 95
The trade is "anything but

The trade is "anything but the Euro" right now.  Gold moving with the dollar.

ohiometalman
ohiometalman's picture
Hat Tips: 581
dollar?

Here is what I dont understand.  With the dollar rising per say, holding dollars in bonds that are paying 1.91% over 10 years makes zero sense to me as inflation, even government reported inflation is moving at almost 3% annual.  Why would anyone park their money in bonds at these rates when silver and gold really would only need to move at 2% annual to make it a better deal.  Which we all know pm's are moving more like 20% annual.   Why would anyone hold dollars for more than what they need to live on?

Brotha Bob
Brotha Bob's picture
Hat Tips: 800
It is all relative

It is all relative. If the dollar goes up relative to the Euro, is the dollar a good buy? But, if PMs raise higher/faster then the dollar, which would you want to be holding? The dollar-Euro trade is a choice between two ugly step-sisters. Which one has less warts?

Yes, are cousins across the pond might be running to the dollar, but I don't think that makes it a good buy. It is just the dollar might be perceived as a sounder currencies then the Euro, (at the moment).

Nothing, and I mean nothing, for the dollar has improved. A new higher debt limit, more deficits, weak economy, poor fiscal policy, poor monetary policy. What has changed to make the dollar more attractive? And, that the price of dollars getting bid up, does not make them more attractive. Just means there are some pretty stupid people fleeing Europe.

May God Help Us All

But, what do I know?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Dollar: The king is back to take his Kingdom: Will it spell doom for Gold?"