Gold IRA recommendations

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
2nd Dan Fred
2nd Dan Fred's picture
Hat Tips: 64
Gold IRA recommendations

I was wondering who all the fantastic turdites recommend for a gold IRA? I am looking at Gold Money and the CMI, and have concerns about the overall costs and storage. Thanks!!!!!

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:31
BlackHawk
BlackHawk's picture
Hat Tips: 3888
Dan, I don't know, but I'm looking too

What I want to know is who is the best bet for delivering metal when it's time to cash out? Has anybody had metal delivered from an IRA in metal? I am thinking of starting a IRA metal account with Fidelity. Here is a link to their fee structure, see page 2:

http://personal.fidelity.com/accounts/pdf/FBS-BKCOMMSCHED-0105.pdf

opticman
opticman's picture
GOLD IRA

I use Apmex for dealer and one of their recommended Trustees (Goldstar in Texas). Costs about $240 a year in fees. Used it for 3 years to make SEP IRA deposits. Easy to do. I use segregated accounts which is why I pay a bit more. Never withdrew any, too young to do that.

Hope that helps.

Optic

OldFordTrk1
OldFordTrk1's picture
Hat Tips: 12
I rolled an IRA into a Gold IRA with McAlvany over 3 years ago.

I have, over the last 3 years been pulling physical out early.  I was very happy with McAlvany.  Give them a call and ask for Miles Green.  Excellent guy!

http://www.mcalvanyica.com/

Once you wake up, it's hard to go back to sheep!

Klingon
Klingon's picture
Hat Tips: 741
I use Everbank

I use Everbank (www.everbank.com). They use Principal Financial Group as their agent.

2nd Dan Fred
2nd Dan Fred's picture
Hat Tips: 64
Decision is Made !

I'm appreciate all the ideas presented, and am glad I decided to stew over this for as while. The MF Global theft convinced me to eat the penalty, pay the tax, and close out my IRA and buy physical metal.  Thanks to the entire TF community.

ouchtouch
ouchtouch's picture
Hat Tips: 588
We are looking at security

We are looking at security again as a result of MF Global theft as well.  One depository we use for some IRA metal is very amenable to working with us to upgrade security so that the IRA administrator cannot move the money without our consent.  E.g. security questions, passwords not known to the administrator.  I think that the key is to have independence between custodian and administrator and both answerable directly to the owner.

sumo
sumo's picture
Hat Tips: 6
bullionvault.com is worth

bullionvault.com is worth considering. Low costs, on-site market trades 24 hrs , choice of custody sites (London, Zurich, NY).

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Gold IRA recommendations"