Home Emergency Prep Video Series

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
cmill
cmill's picture
Hat Tips: 18
Home Emergency Prep Video Series

I am thinking about making a video series on “emergency preparedness” aimed at the average person who has no clue what’s going on, or the newer person just starting to wake up to the dollar mess were in. My goal is not to scare them but give good pointers that they can do to help get their house in order in case something bad were to happen. My thought is it would be better to have my family stock up food and water enough to last a month in preparation for a natural disaster and have it when SHTF than have nothing at all as they do now.

I currently have the below 5 topics selected for a 4 to 5 minute video each. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of other things to add?

1. Supplies (food, water, meds)
  2. Supply storage
  3. Home Security (securing doors, windows, lighting)
  4. Money, PM’s, bartering discussion, safes
  5. Self Defense (firearms, knifes, mace, etc.)
Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:06

CMill
http://www.youtube.com/cmillvlogs

ohiometalman
ohiometalman's picture
Hat Tips: 581
I like your ideas, helpful to

I like your ideas, helpful to those that don't know where to start.  Funny as this is, I caught a show the other day, can't remember which station is was on, but it was called something like "preparing for the apocalypse"  and frankly I found it awesome.  I thought I was doing something to get ready but damn...some folks are "all in" if you will.  I learned something from the show even though you can tell the producers are kind of makin' fun of it.  So be it. 

If you got the time then do it!

ARsquatch
ARsquatch's picture
I really like the idea. I'm

I really like the idea. I'm in the same boat. Most of my immediate family think I'm nuts but maybe they would be willing to be prepared for something like this. Would help out in the long run if/when shtf. The show may have been called "Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic channel?"

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Home Emergency Prep Video Series"