4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
Sen. Paul Moves for No-Confidence Resolution in Treasury Secretary Geithner

Sen. Paul Moves for No-Confidence Resolution in Treasury Secretary Geithner

Sep 7, 2011

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Sen. Rand Paul today introduced legislation and took to the Senate floor to call for a Senate vote of no confidence in Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. The passage of the motion indicates that the U.S. Congress has no confidence that Secretary Geithner will institute policies that will reverse the downgrade in America's debt and our current economic insolvency. Immediate action on the no-confidence vote was blocked by Senate Democrats.

"The current Administration's gross mismanagement of the U.S. economy, at the helm of which has sat Secretary Geithner through financial debacle and decline, must end now," Sen. Paul said.

The language of the resolution simply states that both Congress and the American people have lost confidence in Secretary Geithner.

Sen. Paul's motion stems from Geithner's failure to institute policies to curb rising unemployment, prices and debt. During his tenure at the Federal Reserve and as Treasury Secretary, Secretary Geithner had a direct role in the failure of the Fed to diagnose and act on the housing crisis. He presided over bank bailouts, auto bailouts and failed trillion-dollar stimulus plans.

http://paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=305

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:22
Gil
Gil's picture
Hat Tips: 1175
I admire his courage and

I admire his courage and tenacity. We need more people like Rand who are not afraid to clearly speak the truth to the pretenders in DC.

"The current Administration's gross mismanagement of the U.S. economy, at the helm of which has sat Secretary Geithner through financial debacle and decline, must end now," Sen. Paul said.

ohiometalman
ohiometalman's picture
Hat Tips: 581
Agreed

We need more of this in Washington.  The machine needs to be broke wide open, its our only hope for ourselves and our children.  Thanks for the post.

ScottJ
ScottJ's picture
Hat Tips: 9168
Rand Paul

Rand Paul is the real deal, although he has a few interesting viewpoints, but whose perspective is perfect, certainly not his nor mine.

Rand has the fiery passion and I am glad that there is at least somebody in the House (Ron) and in the Senate (Rand) who force some sanity upon the chamber of clapping hands.  He is not afraid to speak his mind, and appeals to the more moderate/conservative type.

Regardless, I have been around Rand Paul and his campaign people, and they are all very legitamit with the best intentions.  People like you and me.

Always a pleasure to have voices like this standing out in the Washington DC Public Relations campaign.  And I think he has reached a far wider audience than his father can do alone.  Certainly a thorn in the establishment's foot.

Did you know...

They flew out Bill Clinton to help rally against Rand Paul in the senate election in Kentucky.  They through everything they had at stopping him from getting into the Senate... but he prevailed.

Showing that the people can indeed bring upon change if they want to, we just have to go about looking at our problems in a new way.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Sen. Paul Moves for No-Confidence Resolution in Treasury Secretary Geithner"